August 2011 Moms

Baby boom

I found out a few weeks ago babies have been sprouting out the yin-yang in the hospital I'm going to be delivering at. A busy week for them is about 17babies that week they delivered more that 40babies!!! They had to have women in the hallway while the babies stayed in the nursery. I spoke to my doctor about it and she said it'll only get worse! She has been triple booking prenatal visits and this summer is going to be a huge baby boom. AHHHHH I hope there's room! Are you guys noticing that around you?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Baby boom

• It seems like tons of people I know are pregnant - so it certainly feels like a baby boom to me!! I figured it was because I'm in my late 20's and a lot of my friends are people in their late 20's or early 30's who I met through grad school and we're finally at the point in life where we can start families.
  • iteachkiteachk member
    I know a couple of others due in August, and at least 7 due in September.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • It does seem like everyone around me is pregnant or just had a baby. Argh... I dont want to be stuck in a hallway of the hospital! How in heck am I going to hide from my ILs in the hallway?! I will faking a lot of sleep. lol
    Married & TTC #1 since 8/28/10 BFP #1 10/25/10 - EDD 7/5/11 -M/C 11/10/10 BFP #2 12/16/10 - EDD 8/26/11 - BORN 8/10/11 Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes I know at least 5 other people due in August, 2 of them being my 2 neighbors directly to the left of my house!!! 3 New babies within 2 weeks of eachother living right next door!!!
  • Don't know any 'in real life' pregnant women but it does seem that there are tons of pregnant celebs at the moment.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's so scary to think about how it's going to be when I'm in pain and not feeling myself for L&D. I hope there's room for us cause I really don't like the idea of not being able to see my baby because they are busy.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageRoseallen112:
    I found out a few weeks ago babies have been sprouting out the yin-yang in the hospital I'm going to be delivering at. A busy week for them is about 17babies that week they delivered more that 40babies!!! They had to have women in the hallway while the babies stayed in the nursery. I spoke to my doctor about it and she said it'll only get worse! She has been triple booking prenatal visits and this summer is going to be a huge baby boom. AHHHHH I hope there's room! Are you guys noticing that around you?

I have 3 co-workers and 3 friends who are pregnant.  We are all due within 2 months of each other.   We have women at my office that literally refuse to drink the water in our building for fears that they are going to get pregnant too ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Epeter1Epeter1 member
    A friend of mine found out she was pregnant right around the same time i did. Since then 2 more friends have come up pregnant with their second/third child...another friend recently had a little girl...and i know 3 others who are pregnant...

Dunno about my hospital yet. I'll be taking the tour/ birthing classes within the next few weeks so maybe ill ask :)
    Army Wife1 BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • abell77abell77 member
    Yes, I am noticing it as well.  I am delivering at a small hospital and when my son was born there was only one other delivering mom there at the same time as me.  It was awesome!  Since there are only two rooms with birthing tubs I hope there is one available for me when the time comes!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh yes, this may not seem like a lot, but I live in a small town where usually babies only arrive a couple a month at the hospital.  There are at least 6 due in August.  Just hopefully they won't be too close together.  There are two L & D rooms and one is really nice and the other is just nice.  I am hoping for the one with the jacuzzi tub :)
  • I know people due every month between June - December... The majority being October and November.

We had HORRIBLE blizzards here in AL 3 weeks in a row in February, and 9 months later it seems like everybody's got a baby coming ;) I guess they did what they could to stay warm! ha!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"