Multiples

When did your babies notice each other?

When did your babies start interacting with each other? I am hoping my babes start smiling at me soon but looking forward to them noticing each other.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When did your babies notice each other?

• ddub09ddub09 member
    Probably within the last month or so. They noticed each other occasionally at around four months, but it's more consistent now.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    imageimage
  • My girls stare at each other, but I don't really think they quite know what they are looking at...It is still cute!
    Livian Elizabeth and Alayna Marjorie!  On their way to 3!
    Lilypie - (mtvk)
    Lilypie - (WdLV)
  • Loading the player...
  • MrsLntMrsLnt member
    Around 2.5-3 months, DD looked at DS and smiled.  It was really inconsistent for a long time.  They are 6 months old and if I put them in the same crib, they will look at and touch each other.  Last week DS blew raspberries and DD laughed.  It was the best thing ever. 
  • mine just started this in the last two weeks. It is SO SO SO awesome.

ETA: they would look at each other and smile or follow one another with their eyes starting around 3 months. But just recently they are grabbing for each other and touching each other. I'm loving it.

• Mine have recently gotten very aware of one another.  They hold hands now during feedings.  This AM they were on the changing table and Tyler was crying so Jake kept trying to get his attention.  When that didn't work he grabbed his hand and held on and started crying too.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My boys look at each other sometimes, but aren't really interested in each other.  They do seem to grunt back and forth at each other though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Side note, they'll start to notice each other soon, but babies don't truly "play" together until they get closer to 2.  Until then, it's called "parallel play" - they play near/next to each other, see each other, take things from each other, but don't truly play WITH each other.  So don't freak out if you notice that over the months...  :)
  • heyleeheylee member

imagejenkm:
    Side note, they'll start to notice each other soon, but babies don't truly "play" together until they get closer to 2.  Until then, it's called "parallel play" - they play near/next to each other, see each other, take things from each other, but don't truly play WITH each other.  So don't freak out if you notice that over the months...  :)

Thanks for the tip, never heard of parallel play! 

Thank you everyone, DH and I can't wait for smiles and them noticing one another.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ougrad1ougrad1 member
    6-7 months they certainly "knew" each other however, in the last couple of weeks they are interacting, playing and "talking" to one another.  It is amazing to watch!!!
  • Lydie just recently smiled at Abby when we held them face-to-face. That was kind of a one-time thing though so far.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Such a great question! I was wondering this myself today...I'm so excited for them to notice each other :)
  • Since they were 2 wks old, they would "feel" for each other.  Many times I found them holding hands in crib or bassinet during naps (so adorable).  But officially at 4 mo (or right before), I noticed they became more curious with one another.  Now they get all excited to see each other, and sometimes even lean in for a hug of sorts.  lol
    -- Jackie
    "If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane" -- Jimmy Buffett Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I feel like it's only been the last few months that my guys have been really playing wit each other, chasing each other etc. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"