Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Clicky poll - does your DH do enough for LO?

Re: Clicky poll - does your DH do enough for LO?

• At first it was really rough, but he has stepped up and really gone above and beyond.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I ask because I made a joke to DH about him not meeting his diaper-changing quota and he got suuuuuuuuuper pissed.  But it's true - I change 95% of all the diapers! (And do about 95% of everything else too.) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I believe I am living the phrase "married single parent".  H thinks he's done so much if he feed/changes Mj ONCE during the day..

Granted he does alot of other things around the house so I shouldn't complain but I'd like a break from baby duty even if it's only to wash dishes.

• He plays with her and spends time with her but I'm the one who changes her diapers and feeds her, unless I ask him too or he sees that I'm extremely tired. I can't really complain though because there are a lot of single moms who are forced to do everything themselves 24/7
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He's gotten a lot better.  Bless his heart, he dressed her for daycare this morning and it was just all wrong. Her outfit looked awful, I just couldn't take her in what she was wearing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH stays at home during the summer, so I am the one who feels like I am not holding up my end of the bargain since I went back to work.
  • DH is the exception to the rule. He does anything that I ask him to help with and even more on his own without me asking. If I need help, he helps. If he sees something that needs to be done, he does it. He's really awesome with the girls. I have days where the girls do nothing but scream and when Daddy comes in the room, they both get quiet.

I think his attitude about taking care of the babies equally comes from us both having been single parents for so long. We're both used to doing everything so it's a nice combination now that we have babies together.

• imageValentineGirl:
    DH stays at home during the summer, so I am the one who feels like I am not holding up my end of the bargain since I went back to work.

This. We're both teachers, but he got out two weeks before me, so he's staying at home. He's an amazing dad! He still doesn't get how challenging BF and pumping can be, but he's really great with C. Now if only he would help with the housework more...

Photobucket Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am so lucky to have my husband. He changed diapers as soon as the NICU allowed us to and has continued at home.  If only one baby is up at night and I'm sleeping he feeds/changes them.   (Obviously I do the same for him)

I love that I can leave the boys with him to do grocery shopping and know that they will be taken care of just like I was still home. 

• vflipovflipo member
    On the rare occasion that we're both home, he almost always wants her.
    I married a ginger.
    m/c 12/25/09 (5w5d) mm/c D&C 4/9/10 (11w1d) Take home baby 2/22/11
    My boobies belong to cour10e
  • Dh does absolutely everything that I ask of him, and he does it usually pretty well.  He doesn't always do things exactly the way I want them done, but he is the parent too so he gets to make his own decisions on how he cares for DS when he is there with him.  However, it would be really nice if he would volunteer to do things, either with LO or just in general with our home or etc.  I think this may just be a male thing in some relationships though.  I'd love it if he offered more, or thought more about what he could do to make my life easier and just did them, like I do for him.  But, he isn't a mind reader, and again, whenever I ask he does what I need so I should be thankful for that.
  • teshy1teshy1 member
    DH works a lot of hours, and given that, I think he does his fair share of the parenting.  He sometimes has to "shoo" me out of the house for an hour to do something for myself (I hate leaving DD just because I'm so attached), but I remind myself he needs bonding time with DD, too.  He doesn't complain about changing diapers, and he usually shares the nighttime routine for DD.  He's even gone out with DD for some dad/daughter time a few times. 
  • imageJenniferk08:

I believe I am living the phrase "married single parent".  H thinks he's done so much if he feed/changes Mj ONCE during the day..

Granted he does alot of other things around the house so I shouldn't complain but I'd like a break from baby duty even if it's only to wash dishes.

hahahaha, I like this!  I'm going to have to start using this term!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was nervous, since my husband tends to be on the lazy side sometimes, but he is a freaking dream as a father! Since day one, even before when I was pregnant, he has been so helpful. Sometimes I read posts on here about dads that don't really get involved and I don't understand it. Sometimes he even fights me to change Archie's diaper just because he loves spending that time with him. He's so awesome and I know how lucky I am.
  • I had a CS so DH had to be super helpful from the beginning.  I think it helps that I don't tell him HOW to do anything, just that something needs to be done.  For example, I'll tell him to get her ready for bed and he knows that she needs a doubler in her diaper, a bottle and jammies.  We recently stopped swaddling her, and the first night he put her down in just a body suit - long sleeved but no legs!  She was FREEZING in the am when I went to get her (though she did sleep well).  So now I have to specify that she needs jammies with feet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"