Multiples

Funny comment

.....is that one yours too? People are so ......
Wonderful daughter born 10/99. Diagnosed autistic/ epileptic. Non- verbal. /////Twins! Born 11/10 @ 29 weeks. 71/2 week NICU stay! Bring on the fun!

Re: Funny comment

• I have a friend with a baby daughter and when we go out people look at the double stroller next to me and the single next to her and ask if they are tripletsIndifferent

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Both wearing pink in pink and brown carseats. "... are they girls or boys?"
  • Loading the player...
  • DD is in a pink outfit with a cute little white bonnet on  and DS is in a blue shirt with a light blue tie on  and they have the little cozy cover over their car seat. one pink one blue. the lady says"are those twins?" i say "yes" she says" how old are they?" i say 3 mo.(they were only 3 mo at the time. now they are 9 mo.) she says" omg!! they are so adorable!! are they girls, boys...??" ugh. makes you wonder where these people come from and how they grew up
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagemomtwins19:
    DD is in a pink outfit with a cute little white bonnet on  and DS is in a blue shirt with a light blue tie on  and they have the little cozy cover over their car seat. one pink one blue. the lady says"are those twins?" i say "yes" she says" how old are they?" i say 3 mo.(they were only 3 mo at the time. now they are 9 mo.) she says" omg!! they are so adorable!! are they girls, boys...??" ugh. makes you wonder where these people come from and how they grew up

The best is when you tell them one of each and they ask, "Are they identical?"  SMH  I get asked if mine are identical all the time..uh one is brunette and the other is blonde.,,NO!

• image2006july15bride:

imagemomtwins19:
    DD is in a pink outfit with a cute little white bonnet on  and DS is in a blue shirt with a light blue tie on  and they have the little cozy cover over their car seat. one pink one blue. the lady says"are those twins?" i say "yes" she says" how old are they?" i say 3 mo.(they were only 3 mo at the time. now they are 9 mo.) she says" omg!! they are so adorable!! are they girls, boys...??" ugh. makes you wonder where these people come from and how they grew up

The best is when you tell them one of each and they ask, "Are they identical?"  SMH  I get asked if mine are identical all the time..uh one is brunette and the other is blonde.,,NO!

i was reading that there are some cases when b/g twins are identical. not sure how it works, but i was reading about it when i was preggerz. but LOL to the blonde and brunette thing. haha. some ppl

• imagemomtwins19:
    image2006july15bride:

imagemomtwins19:

i was reading that there are some cases when b/g twins are identical. not sure how it works, but i was reading about it when i was preggerz. but LOL to the blonde and brunette thing. haha. some ppl

It can happen when one egg splits and gets fertilized by 2 separate sperm but it is extremely rare and most poeple aren't even aware that can happen.

• pea-kaypea-kay member
    image2006july15bride:

I have a friend with a baby daughter and when we go out people look at the double stroller next to me and the single next to her and ask if they are tripletsIndifferent

that's not really weird. i went out with another triplet mom friend, and we got "are those SEXTUPLETS?" hee!

How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • image2006july15bride:
    imagemomtwins19:

It can happen when one egg splits and gets fertilized by 2 separate sperm but it is extremely rare and most poeple aren't even aware that can happen.

I hate correcting people, but b/g twins are not identical. Even if the egg spilt before it was fertilized (very rare) two different sperm would make them not identical. The only way identical twins can be identical is if a fertilized egg spilts and the baby has the EXACT same DNA (X and Y chromosomes too).

• imagetmbuchmann:
    image2006july15bride:
    imagemomtwins19:

I hate correcting people, but b/g twins are not identical. Even if the egg spilt before it was fertilized (very rare) two different sperm would make them not identical. The only way identical twins can be identical is if a fertilized egg spilts and the baby has the EXACT same DNA (X and Y chromosomes too).

Yes

• imagetmbuchmann:
    image2006july15bride:
    imagemomtwins19:

No, B/G twins can be monozygotic but it's a result of a missing chromosome for the girl.  The girl ends up with Turner Syndrome.  Extremely rare.

~Crystal~ SAHM to Sam (5), Hugh (3), Mary & Grace (22 months) : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"