Babies: 3 - 6 Months

If you use a mesh feeder for baby, how do you clean yours?

I bought these mesh feeders.  Not sure if I am cleaning them correctly. I empty out the food and scrub  the heck out of them with hot soapy watwer, but after drying, i could still smell old banana on them. It seems so difficult to clean.  Any tips?

Or is there a better brand that is easier to clean? I bought the munchin brand mesh feeders.

Thanks!

Munchkin Fresh Food Feeder

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: If you use a mesh feeder for baby, how do you clean yours?

• Mesh feeders are a PITA, I only use them for frozen ice and juices. I threw out ones I used with banana cause I could never get them clean.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • SO far I have only used ours for frozen bmilk cubes and, over the last few days, cooked carrot. I turn it inside out and hand wash it with dish soap and rinse it out with really hot water. I do remember my friend telling me that they're a b**** to clean. I have the Sassy ones - the mesh is white so I imagine that it would be easier to see if any food is still stuck on.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have not bought these because they kind of gross me out, but they look like they could be thrown in the washing machine with all the other laundry?
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageexpecting-n-tx:
    Mesh feeders are a PITA, I only use them for frozen ice and juices. I threw out ones I used with banana cause I could never get them clean.

So are you using them with your LO now? I gave my DS a frozen teether last night and he LOVED it. I was thinking of doing the frozen juice. 

• the package says u can put in the dishwasher.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Turn it inside out and put it in your dishwasher (if you have one).  Other than that I hand wash and never had any problems and my LO loves it!  Especially with apple slices!  I also have the Munchkin brand and I love them.
  • at the store i saw mesh refills.  i dont remember what brand they were though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"