Babies: 0 - 3 Months

C-Section Mamas.

Im 8 weeks pp.. but I still have alot of pain and discomfort from my surgery.. not to mention the horrible flap. I the soft hospital binder for 3ish weeks afterwards... but I was just wondering if it was too late to try and wear something like the belly bandit to help get my tummy back into shape? Im not skinny, and I never have been, but I hate the fact that Im back to my prepregnancy weight and still look 5 months pregnant. And the jiggle of it is the worst. =(

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Re: C-Section Mamas.

• I was never given anything by the hospital.  But a few weeks ago I started wearing a piece of stretchy shapewear, and I think it is helping.  I have gotten smaller, despite doing nothing to go this way.
  • It can only help. From what I understand, and feel free to tear me a new one if I'm wrong, but a lot of what binders do is provide movement resistance, which helps gently tone those muscles, which will in turn reduce the flab etc. etc.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm using an ace bandage wrapped snugly. Cheaper than a bandit. Same principle. 
  • I love the wrap my hospital gave me but stopped wearing it during the day at 3 weeks because it started to hurt when I sat down. I wear it to bed now. It does help IMO. But don't be so hard on yourself, you just had surgery. I plan on wearing spanks when I go back to work. =) Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Not sure about the binder/belly band but sorry to hear you are still in pain... I am still uncomfortable from my c-section and this week am dealing with an infection in my incision. Weird so much later but it's super painful and tender... feels like I will never be back to normal. I am so ready to feel like my old self again and not be popping ibuprofen everyday!! Hope your pain lets up soon.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I bought a post-partum support belt at Motherhood. My OB told me to wear it minimally so I wouldn't hurt the muscles that were healing beneath it. I wear it when I go out and it's helped a lot. I had tried an ace bandage and it just didn't cut it. The belt gave me nearly instant relief from the sagging :p
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"