2nd Trimester

weekends suck (rant)

All that any of my friends (including my BF) want to do on Friday or Saturday nights is go out to a bar or something of the like and get drunk. I've tried being a trooper and tagging along trying to still be social but I hate being the ONLY sober person, it gets really annoying really fast. BF doesn't understand why I can't just hang out and be social or why I get annoyed when he has to go out AGAIN... I'm tired of entertaining myself on weekends because all of my friends are too immature to have a good time without having too many drinks. This has really been an eye-opener as to who is a real friend. UGH. Just had to get that out. Thanks for listening.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: weekends suck (rant)

• I'm sorry. I lost a lot of friends during my 1st pregnancy - it was like they thought it was contagious. But I gained a lot of mommy friends so it has evened out. Hang in there!

I need some mommy friends! I'm the first in my group of friends to have a baby so they're all excited for me but no one can relate.  

• Loading the player...
  • I tried to be tough tonight, but here I am at home at 11. I find being busy with friends during the day helps. We went out for crabs at lunch, then went to baseball game for the afternoon, then grilled, then sat around a fire pit at our house. So even though I couldn't spend much time at the bar with them, I did get some quality friend time during the day. They were all hammered and I was sober, but it didn't bother me at all.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • You know, I don't think it's so much dealing with drunk friends that bothers me as it is my BF. I just think he is so insensitive that he cannot even fathom how much it might suck putting me in that position. The mutual friends that we have are more his friends, my friends from that group all have boyfriends and don't hang out at the bar. So I have NOTHING to talk to these people about if I'm sober... the kind of people that ask you the same thing each time they see you. This one kid asks me EVERY single time he sees me when I'm due. Ok dude, it's been 5 months, if you really cared you would have remembered by now. 
  • My BF does the same thing. Except he only invites me out like twice a month now. Our mutual friends are all his friends also, and the ones I really relate to he hardly invites me to see. I always end up around a bunch of people smoking cigarettes and drinking. I really wish he would just take me to do something that would be fun for me...and not just him. So I totally get it girl! And I'm sick of entertaining myself all weekend also!
  • Ella&CElla&C member

imagearmywife66:
    I'm sorry. I lost a lot of friends during my 1st pregnancy - it was like they thought it was contagious. But I gained a lot of mommy friends so it has evened out. Hang in there!

This. Even my friends who were 10-ish years older than me(I was 31 when I got pregnant with DD) and have teenagers and college-age kids ditched me when I announced I was pregnant. Turns out, they were just "going out" friends, not real ones. It will get better for you...you will meet other parents with whom you will have things in common with.

• Epeter1Epeter1 member
    Yea im kinda in the same boat. Most of my friends go out to the bar or the club friday and saturday nights....if there's a band or something i may tag along, but i feel so awkward being the only sober one in the group.
    My husband's in the army- and currently in another state. He found a bar he likes within the first few weeks of being there and constantly goes out. When i went to visit i went with him because i didnt wanna sit in the room alone when i was there to spent time with him (plus to see who he was hanging out with).  I've let him have a it a few times cuz of it...but mostly i've decided to just let it go. He's only got a few more months before the baby gets here...and although he wont be here for when the babys born, he needs to be able to have some fun before i really make him buckle down and help me ( in state or not)

I wouldnt drop friends because of it but it doesnt mean im gonna go out with them and just sit there either. So i find myself sitting at home alone a lot.....its kinda sad actually but im not too worried about it
    Army Wife1 BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Ugh, I know what you mean. I live in Vegas, so it's difficult enough to find real friends, let alone ones that are interested in something other than partying. Hang in there! We should both get mommy friends.

Plusalsoaswell, I love the u/s pic in your siggy. Our LO is in that pose for almost every u/s we have, so I thought that was interesting that your LO is that way too. :D 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"