3rd Trimester
Options

Pets going crazy?

Does anyone else have dogs (or other pets) that are just acting weird? In my case, one of my dogs is just being difficult! She is refusing to drink out of her new water bowl, flat out refuses to come when I call her, and keeps barking at things at night. The last one is my favorite, since I am sleeping SO well these days! >(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Pets going crazy?

• Options
    i have a cat that has gotten more of wanting to be in my lap.  another one that is sleeping up by me in bed.  he has never done that before and we've had him over 5 years. 
  • Options

I have 2 boxers and it's pretty much in their nature to act crazy and run-a-muck.

Lately my girl's new thing is to get completely under my effing bed and CRY and CRY for no reason! She's been doing this for the past 10 days now, no one can figure out wtf the point is.  

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My cat who has been mad at me for months because we got him a kitten to play with has suddenly gotten over it and spends all day sleeping on/against my belly. The kitten we got (who he loves by the way so I am not sure why hes been mad at me) is the same way. I was taking a nap the other day and laying on my side and woke up to the both of them curled up right next to my stomach. They also (gently) headbutt it a lot, they know there is something in there : )
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    my dog has been acting weird also.  he is by far the best behaved dog i have ever encountered.  he listens so good and follows me around everywhere, BUT in the last week i'd say he has down right refused to listen to me.  like this morning i took him outside in the yard to go to the bathroom and he is normally so good that he does he business and comes right back to me without a leash, but today he looked me straight in the eye and started walking down the road.  when i called him he just stopped and looked at me and kept on going, my big preggo butt had to chase him down the road!  It totally surprised me!  He is also dumping his food bowl over and walking away from the spilled food all over the floor!  I just dont understand!  its as if he is throwing tantrums!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image
    Andrew Brandon                    Bentley Joshua
  • Options

Our smallest dogs (a male Standardbred Chihuahua and a female Min Pin-Chi mix) have always been a bit clingy, but the closer I get to my due date, the worse it gets. I'm not allowed to go ANYWHERE in the house without the two of them being right on my heels. I sit down, and they're attached at either hip or in my lap. We go to bed, they immediately get in between my husband and I so they can cuddle my belly. If I'm out of their sight for longer than 2 seconds, they start to pitch a royal fit until I return...then I get harassed until I sit on the couch so they can give me a once-over. My husband thinks it's hilarious because they do a better job of keeping me on my prescribed bed rest than he can. LOL I don't know what they're going to do when I finally go into labor, but they're definitely not going to be happy!

My horse has the sweetest behavior toward me, though. She's always been exceedingly gentle (she's the one I use to give the not-so confident kids and adults lessons), but now she "protects" me from the other horses by chasing them off, and nickers and nuzzles my belly. The baby goes NUTS when she hears her, and it pleases that horse to no end. Smile

All of the critters try to "protect" me from my poor hubby by strong-arming him out of the way, especially now that we're at the end. It's sad and funny when we have to sneak away to get some private time!

• Options

My dogs have been barking excessively throughout the whole night for the past week. I am kinda praying that it means labor is coming soon (so that I can avoid my induction), but I have not heard any evidence supporting this theory.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

my cat  started having diarhea, despite no change of diet. We took him to the vet and after about $700 worth of tests, they decided it may just be a food thing or anxiety. He's on a special diet, but no changes. it comes and goes, he's not in any pain. nothing wrong with him. And yet, every few weeks, goes through a bout. Very weird.

He has also become needy. he used to be super independent but now will start crying if he can't tell where we are and sits next to us on the couch. He also started sleeping closer to me (first time in years. he usually only sleeps next to DH) and he threw up twice in the baby's room....

I think he is acting out and feeling a bit anxious because he knows change is coming.

• Options
    I have three dogs and two cats. All except one is acting weird. I can't pee alone. I can't walk to the kitchen to get a glass of water alone. I can't even shift my weight on the couch without one of them coming over to see what I am doing. It's getting ridiculous.

• Options
    hsalhsal member
    That's exactly what's going on here. We have two pups. One of them lays on my side and kisses my belly all day and the other won't let me out of her sight.  I go to the bathroom, she sticks her nose in the door, I sit on the couch, she curls up too; I walk to the bedroom, there she is.  She's only been like this for the past week or so... I'm hoping she knows something I dont. :)
  • Options
    I have a pug who will be 3yrs old in August. And he is being very difficult. He doesn't want to go potty outside anywhere but the middle of the yard or my flower bed and he keeps eating anything/nothing off the carpet. He also barks when the windows are open he barks at people who pass by...which I expect but he use to stop when you told him everything was ok and he so doesn't anymore. The last two weeks he has driven me completely bonkers! Hope that you are able to start sleeping ok again soon!
    Ren Phillips Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    imageMarsupial1022:

My horse has the sweetest behavior toward me, though. She's always been exceedingly gentle (she's the one I use to give the not-so confident kids and adults lessons), but now she "protects" me from the other horses by chasing them off, and nickers and nuzzles my belly. The baby goes NUTS when she hears her, and it pleases that horse to no end. Smile

Our horse was being a sweetie with me too.  Which was very weird because generally he and I did not get along.  The old man passed about a month ago though of a brain bleed. =[

Much to DH's dismay I do believe our little girl is pretty much genetically programmed to love horses and ride.  

BabyFruit Ticker image image
         Big M 7/11/11
          Little M 6/16/2013
                    Angel baby 5/17/2014          
  • Options
    I have a cat acting out.  He follows me around all day meowing and wants my constant attention.  He cries when I walk out the door, but if I try to hold him he gets mad and will hiss.  I heard animals can sense a change and I believe that is what is happening right now.  
  • Options
    My 3 year old Shih tzu has been attached at the hip.  I am now home until the baby arrives.  He will not go outside with my husband if I'm nearby.  He plants his feet and will not go until I go with him.  My husband has also tried taking him out in the morning before he leaves for work while i'm in bed.  He takes him out of our bed and the dog runs to the other side to jump back up.  He follows me to every room and while sitting on the couch he has to be touching me.  I am hoping he gets better when the little one arrives, but he seems to be getting worse the closer it gets.
  • Options
    imageohdrama09:
    imageMarsupial1022:

Our horse was being a sweetie with me too.  Which was very weird because generally he and I did not get along.  The old man passed about a month ago though of a brain bleed. =[

Much to DH's dismay I do believe our little girl is pretty much genetically programmed to love horses and ride.  

I'm so sorry to hear that. Sad

My husband has pretty much given up on the off-chance that she won't be as horse crazy as I am. It runs too deeply in my family LOL

• Options
    I have an 8 year old very young at heart pomeranian.  He has been super clingy since I stopped working but can't figure out if he knows I have a baby in my belly.  He is very fascinated with the nursery and likes to walk in and sniff around.  I am more nervous to see what he will be like after baby is born, since he has always been like the surrogate child and even sleeps in bed with hubby and I.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"