June 2011 Moms

keep feeling like I have to poop...

but then I go to the bathroom and can't go. It's only when I'm sitting. And I get a little crampy too.

Anyone else been experiencing this?

Am I constipated? Am I having contractions? I don't know what the hell is going on!  It's been like this for the last two days about.

~Chelsea~
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
image"">imageimage

Re: keep feeling like I have to poop...

• lynn97lynn97 member
    Sounds like classic constipation to me :-( I know it isn't fun. Hope you can feel better soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagelynn97:
    Sounds like classic constipation to me :-( I know it isn't fun. Hope you can feel better soon!

Agreed. 

June 2011 Mamas October Siggy Challenge - Then & Now Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I would say it sounds like constipation.

But I've heard that sometimes contractions can cause a need to poo feeling too.

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • cvl105cvl105 member
    Thanks! I don't think I've ever been constipated before, so I wasn't sure...it just hurts sometimes...but if I changed positions in my seat, it gets better. So strange.
    ~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • From my understanding, when you are constipated you feel like you have to poop but there is also some level of stomach or frontal discomfort in addition to feeling like you have to poop. The butt contractions have the feeling that you have to poop, but none of the other discomforts in your stomach and front intestines. And shifting positions won't help much.

• Both of my SIL's with newborns said they had diarrhea for a day and then felt like they had to poop when there was nothing else.  It turned out to be the beginning of labor for both of them.  My MIL said she had the same feeling right before she went into labor with my husband.  Maybe that could be it?
  • lynn97lynn97 member
    imagecvl105:
    Thanks! I don't think I've ever been constipated before, so I wasn't sure...it just hurts sometimes...but if I changed positions in my seat, it gets better. So strange.
    I'm envious that you haven't had constipation issues through pregnancy - lucky girl!
  • I have been having the same issue the past few days! But luckily, last night during one of my bathroom trips, I got relief...finally!!
  • ditto constipation.

BM's used to be fast for me. Now I find myself sitting there with sharp horrible stomach pains every time.

always makes me think "it gets worse than this?" Indifferent

• cvl105cvl105 member

imageAmbeerose:
    I have been having the same issue the past few days! But luckily, last night during one of my bathroom trips, I got relief...finally!!

I'm sorry you're having the same issue. It's awful isn't it. I've had a little bit of success last night and this morning. But it's literally like one little piece that I can get to come out and that's it. At this point I'm looking forward to that diarrhea stage everyone keeps talking about!

~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • Ok...not sure what happened to my post above and just looking at the bump this morning!!

What I ment to say was:  I'm having the same issue!!  But I'm pretty sure mine isn't constipation.  Yesterday I had 3 "regular sized" BMs and yet I still kept feeling like I had to go but nothing came out (wow, this is gross!!).  I've already went once this morning, and that's before I had any coffee!  Not sure what it means, but I'm thinking for me at least, its something other than constipation....maybe baby is sitting on my colon or rectum??? 

• cvl105cvl105 member
    imagePretzel80:

Ok...not sure what happened to my post above and just looking at the bump this morning!!

What I ment to say was:  I'm having the same issue!!  But I'm pretty sure mine isn't constipation.  Yesterday I had 3 "regular sized" BMs and yet I still kept feeling like I had to go but nothing came out (wow, this is gross!!).  I've already went once this morning, and that's before I had any coffee!  Not sure what it means, but I'm thinking for me at least, its something other than constipation....maybe baby is sitting on my colon or rectum??? 

I really think this is part of my problem too!

~Chelsea~
    image"">imageimage
  • imagecvl105:

imageAmbeerose:
    I have been having the same issue the past few days! But luckily, last night during one of my bathroom trips, I got relief...finally!!

I'm sorry you're having the same issue. It's awful isn't it. I've had a little bit of success last night and this morning. But it's literally like one little piece that I can get to come out and that's it. At this point I'm looking forward to that diarrhea stage everyone keeps talking about!

That is exactly what was happening to me!!! UGH! I did have diarrhea type poop a week or so ago and then the constipation. Who knows what's going on, just know the baby is causing poop issues!!! lol 

• I had been having the same feeling...and wasn't constipated at all during my pregnancy before that.

Then last nigh I awoke and had bad diarrhea Tongue Tied

I really think it's baby's head on the colon and then it's all backed up and has to come out eventually.

• imagecvl105:

but then I go to the bathroom and can't go. It's only when I'm sitting. And I get a little crampy too.

Anyone else been experiencing this?

Am I constipated? Am I having contractions? I don't know what the hell is going on!  It's been like this for the last two days about.

You are having the same exact problem as I am having.  I haven't had constipation this whole pregnancy... if anything, I've had the opposite problem!! Now itt's horrible.  I'm trying to up my water intake and hoping it helps.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"