August 2011 Moms

Neat "How many months (vs weeks) pg am I?" calculator (LIP)

I got in a bit of an argument with my best friend over when "6 months pg" begins (she was saying 24 weeks, I thought it was more into 26-27 weeks), so I sought out and found this calculator online.  Thought maybe it might interest some of you too Smile

https://members.cox.net/david.kutzler/CalculateEGA.htm

TGIF!!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Neat "How many months (vs weeks) pg am I?" calculator (LIP)

• Thanks for sharing! My grandma swears I'm still 4 months. Cute!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thanks Stef.  It was bothering me that my ticker already shows 7.  Yeah, I'm in my seventh month, but at 27 weeks 6 days only really 6.3 months along.  Makes perfect sense IMO.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have wondered this myself! I always just think 4 weeks in a month so I've been saying I am now 7 months, but according to the calculator I am 6.44

GOOD TO KNOW!

• I see why people say that pregnancy is 9 months now. lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Round 1, C 18 months =) Round 2! TTC #2, Cycle 1 image Oversharer extraordinaire:Blog
  • imagelizliechti:

I have wondered this myself! I always just think 4 weeks in a month so I've been saying I am now 7 months, but according to the calculator I am 6.44

GOOD TO KNOW!

Yeah, 4 weeks = 1 month also lends itself to the 10 months of pregnancy myth too.  If you think about your LMP to EDD though, it's 9 months, 1 week (example - mine is 11/18 to 8/25 - 9 months, 7 days).  So the math ends up that each "month" of pregnancy is actually 4.32 weeks.  Over those 6 months, the 0.324... weeks (which is about 2.3 days) push it out a couple more weeks.  2.3 days x 6 months = nearly 14 days.  That's a whole half a month unaccounted for in the 4 weeks = 1 month math, in just the first two trimesters.

Yes, I'm a total math nerd  Geeked

• haha This whole thing still confuses me ;)

I'm just going off of weeks it's easier to keep track of.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • this is actually a bummer I thought I was 7mos but I'm 6.6 Stick out tongue
  • LJR 84LJR 84 member

imagepeainthepod11:
    this is actually a bummer I thought I was 7mos but I'm 6.6 Stick out tongue

I'm 6.6 too. Smile I never even try to calculte how many months I am...I go by weeks.

• Thanks for posting. I was hoping for one of these to come around again. I forgot to save the link from last time.
  • imageLindsRockies:
    imageStefandTodd:
    imagelizliechti:

I have wondered this myself! I always just think 4 weeks in a month so I've been saying I am now 7 months, but according to the calculator I am 6.44

GOOD TO KNOW!

Yeah, 4 weeks = 1 month also lends itself to the 10 months of pregnancy myth too.  If you think about your LMP to EDD though, it's 9 months, 1 week (example - mine is 11/18 to 8/25 - 9 months, 7 days).  So the math ends up that each "month" of pregnancy is actually 4.32 weeks.  Over those 6 months, the 0.324... weeks (which is about 2.3 days) push it out a couple more weeks.  2.3 days x 6 months = nearly 14 days.  That's a whole half a month unaccounted for in the 4 weeks = 1 month math, in just the first two trimesters.

Yes, I'm a total math nerd  Geeked

Isn't it 4 weeks =/= a month?  There are usually about 4.5/5 weeks in a month.

Yes.  4 weeks =/= 1 month.  Per my total nerd math above, there are 4.324 weeks in a month.  Or 4 weeks, 2.3 days on average.
  • a male midwife, that's kinda cool, never heard of one before. 
    imageimage
  • Still so confused on this. I am due on 8/23, so wouldn' t my 9 month start on 7/23?  that way you are in your 9th month?  Am i just looking at this all wrong?

You need love and laughter to get a happily ever after! Pregnancy Ticker Visit The Nest! FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family pregnancy tickers
  • imagewattsamy:

Still so confused on this. I am due on 8/23, so wouldn' t my 9 month start on 7/23?  that way you are in your 9th month?  Am i just looking at this all wrong?

You're only pregnant for 9 months (+ 7 days).  Not for 10 months.  You don't "start your 9th month" on 7/23...you're 9 months pregnant when you're due, and maaaaybe/arguably the week before - b/c you've been pregnant for 9 months at that point.

The confusion is people thinking that they're pregnant for 10 months when they're not.  You're due 8/23, so your LMP was what?  11/16?  11/16 to 8/23 is 9 months 7 days, not 10 months.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"