July 2011 Moms

white floaty things in urine sample?

I feel like this has been posted before, or maybe I just googled it a while ago and saw some posts... I have consistently had white floating stuff- kinda mucus like- in my urine samples that I give my Dr. Ive noticed it since 10 weeks.  At first I thought I got some toilet paper in there, but I looked closer and its def not paper...

My Dr never mentioned anything ( I always forget to ask!), and I dont have any infection, so Im just perplexed. 

Does anyone else have this and have you asked your Dr?  If yes, what did he/she say?   

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: white floaty things in urine sample?

• I'm pretty sure its just normal discharge. I get it too. Do you use the sani-wipes before you pee??
  • oh- is that what those are for? hahahaah Good to know! I noticed them today but actually used it to wipe down the cup! I guess that was dumb...
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't know about this particular symptom...

But, I would reccomend you keep a notebook nearby you, in your purse, next to the bed, etc. and when you think of something you want to ask your Dr. write it down! Then you can take your notebook to your next Dr.s visit, and hopefully feel more relaxed next time you leave knowing you covered everything!

I would forget everything, so my Dr. gave me a little planner to write down all of my questions, now I always feel better leaving the office!

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • imagevlanza1124:
    oh- is that what those are for? hahahaah Good to know! I noticed them today but actually used it to wipe down the cup! I guess that was dumb...

LOL! They really should have instructions for clean catch urine samples!

https://www.rexhealth.com/workfiles/services/lab/cleancatchurinesample.pdf

• imageEpiphany27:
    I'm pretty sure its just normal discharge. I get it too. Do you use the sani-wipes before you pee?

Yup.  My doctor doesn't require a clean catch unless we suspect a UTI, so i don't have to use the wipes on a regular basis.  If they give them to you, they probably want a clean catch, though.  Ask the nurse who gives you the cup.

Saving money while raising more kids than you bargained for! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagevlanza1124:
    oh- is that what those are for? hahahaah Good to know! I noticed them today but actually used it to wipe down the cup! I guess that was dumb...

I didn't know the wipes for for that either!  I also am a cup-wiper!  Someone should have explained this to the girl who's pregnant for the first time. Oops!

• imageJillyBean711:

imagevlanza1124:

I didn't know the wipes for for that either!  I also am a cup-wiper!  Someone should have explained this to the girl who's pregnant for the first time. Oops!

LOL!!!  That made me feel better :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"