2nd Trimester

Has anyone else experienced an increase to oil in their skin and hair?

My hair is so oily I have to wash it every single day douse it with baby powder. Is this a normal pregnancy symptom or just a random thing I'm experiencing? My skins thankfully not breaking out but it feels like an oil slick and I am normally somewhere between dry/sensitive and combination. ugh!

Re: Has anyone else experienced an increase to oil in their skin and hair?

• Oh yeah.  My skin and scalp and hair are super oily.  I got some dry shampoo to use on the days when I just can't manage to wash my hair which works pretty well.  This is a normal pregnancy symptom.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • yes!  Suddenly this week my skin started to become super oily.  Like, in a gross way. At first I thought it was because it suddenly got very hot and humid where I live, but I also thought it could be pregnancy related.  I think I am starting to break out because of it which is a huge bummer. I already use an acne face wash but I guess its not enough now. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm pretty greasy myself and I'm breaking out especially around my hairline. Crying
  • linzicalinzica member
    my hair is actually less greasy than usual but my skin is pretty gross. My chest and back keep breaking out. That hasn't happened to me since I was 13.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Yep!!

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

• Same here.  Face is extremely oily and gross.  I have to blot it multiple times throughout the day.  I've started breaking out also.  Hair is oily too.  I started to notice this around 22w and I'm now 26w.
    BFP 1/8/10, MC 1/15/10 | BFP 3/20/10, MC 6/24/10 | BFP 12/13/10...EDD 8/22/11...DD born 6/7/11 @ 29 weeks 1 day Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Same here. My face always feels oily and it drives me crazy and the same with my hair. I'm also breaking out on my back and chest. What the heck? I'm not liking it. I want my clear skin back!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yep, oily and breaking out everywhere. I started using biore's steam activated cleanser and dandruff shampoo and that's helped a lot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"