Pregnant after a Loss

its hard to have faith sometimes about this pregnancy

I have been really anxious all week.  I have stopped gaining weight and I'm not showing at all.  During my last ultrasound at 10.5 weeks, the baby was doing great and I have no reason to believe that everything isn't ok but I can't shake this bad feeling (which in turn leads to more anxiety).  I'm coming to the point where I wanted to tell my family but now that I'm having these thoughts, I feel like I should hold off until my next appointment on June 16 to make sure that everything is ok.  

It makes me feel better to read about people losing their symptoms at the end of first tri, but what do you do until they come back?  How do you keep yourself from not freaking out?  When do symptoms come back again? 

imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: its hard to have faith sometimes about this pregnancy

• It's hard!  Looks like we are at the same point and I just keep giving myself small goals to work towards.  I had my NT scan this week where baby looked great and felt great that day and the next day but am already worried again.  My next appt. isn't for 6 more weeks so I'm telling myself I'll go 3 weeks and go in for a HB check to make myself feel better.  Just looking forward to only 3 weeks away gets me through it. 
  • At this point, gaining weight and showing don't have anything to do with how your baby is doing.  If it makes you feel better, I've only gained about 3 lbs so far, and I'm showing less this week than last week.  But, I have a doppler and I hear a strong HB everyday, so that gives me faith that everything's okay still.  I know it's hard, but you have no reason to suspect that anything's wrong! 

Maybe your dr. would let you come in quickly for a doppler check so you can feel comfortable sharing the news?

• Loading the player...
  • The window between when the 1st Tri symptoms fade away and movement is felt is hard.  A lot of ladies here have gotten dopplers to  help them through that stage.  I didn't, and you're right, it is a test of having faith in the process. 

In my experience, the symptoms haven't come back, but they've changed to 2nd Tri ones.  Pretty soon you may start to see your baby bump starting up (mine started around 15w).  Then, a little later on, the flutters & rolls of movement start up.  You may also start getting things like RLP and BH's if you haven't already. 

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• I didn't gain any weight until I was almost 17 weeks. Then it came on in groves.
    The Blog

Dinner.Hard life?

The brothers I Rule and OMG! with their faithful sidekickFootFoot.

imageimageimage

My life has a superb cast but I can't figure out the plot.
  • quezzoquezzo member

Your in that odd phase where you feel like a normal person at the end of first tri. I had a doppler to get me through this or I would have gone nuts because baby didn't start moving until 17 weeks. 

As for the weight, enjoy it. I had only gained five pounds at the point you are at and today I stepped on the scale and almost passed out when I realized I've gained 15. Oh, and unless you know I am pregnant you wouldn't be able to tell. I honestly don't think I started "showing" until this week.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • romiguromigu member
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I am trying to just feel zen about it. I talked to my husband about getting a Doppler and he looked at me like I was crazy so that's why I've hesitant to buy one. I might have to twist his arm because faith and patience are two virtues I do not possess.
    imageimage
  • My H gave me the crazy eyes when I mentioned a doppler as well.  Totally get that one, lol.

Seeing what others wrote about the weight increase reminded me...another 2nd Tri 'symptom' is an increase in appetite.  Probably will be a few weeks before you get to that stage, but it definitely seems to come with the territory.  My DH jokes that I eat a complete extra meal each day...and he's pretty much right. 

BFP#2 2.5.11 (EDD 10.15.11) DS born 9.28.11

BFP#4 8.27.13 (EDD 5.6.14) DD born 4.23.14

Lilypie - (2llN)

Lilypie - (2L9u)

My Recipe Blog
    ~All AL'ers welcome~

• romiguromigu member
    imageJunebug060609:

My H gave me the crazy eyes when I mentioned a doppler as well.  Totally get that one, lol.

Seeing what others wrote about the weight increase reminded me...another 2nd Tri 'symptom' is an increase in appetite.  Probably will be a few weeks before you get to that stage, but it definitely seems to come with the territory.  My DH jokes that I eat a complete extra meal each day...and he's pretty much right. 

Hmm. I did eat 2/3 of a large pizza last night. Now I dont feel so bad about it.
    imageimage
  • ((hugs)) I'm so sorry that you're feeling this way. I hope that you can keep your chin up
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"