Trying to Get Pregnant

Heath-care Insurance Maternity Coverage

My DH and I have recently decided to start trying to have another baby soon. He is self employed and I am a stay at home mom so we have to pay out of pocket for our health insurance. Our current health insurance plan does not have maternity coverage. Does any one have any tips or suggestions on how to go about getting maternity health insurance coverage?  TIA 

Re: Heath-care Insurance Maternity Coverage

• Why did you post this twice?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Did you really post this again? You got a few answers to your previous post.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Loading the player...
  • It depends on where you live but pretty much everyone is trying to get out of maternity coverage.  That being said, even with a company that doesn't have maternity coverage they will take care of you if you have an emergency C section or whatnot so if you can be prepared to pay about $5,000 out of pocket for medical expenses I wouldn't bother changing.  You could be setting yourself up for a steep increase in monthly premiums.  Really you'll just have to shop around.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In my experience it is cheaper getting quotes online. Some of the top insurance companies offer discounts when ordering online, because it is less work for them. But to be safe you could compare rates online, pick the best offer and try a local agency to see if they can match it or do better: www.quotes-center.com/health-insurance-with-maternity-coverage
  • Excuse me who made you the post police. If if bug u so much that I posted it twice why did you feel the need to post a responses twice?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"