3rd Trimester

Breast pain?

My right breast has been increasingly tender since I got home from work today.  Now it is almost unbearable!  I thought maybe my breasts were just getting ready to grow again in preparation for delivery/milk production, but this is totally one-sided.  Is it possible to have mastitis BEFORE giving birth and before producing any milk?

Zoryana Kaitlyn born 4/16/08. 8 lbs 14 oz and 21 inches long Aidan Sean born 5/23/11. 9 lbs 12 oz and 22 inches long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Breast pain?

• Ok this is going to come off kind of weird.  I grew up on a farm and we raised sheep.  We did have a couple of ewes who developed mastises before lambing.

If its possible in animals I'm willing to bet its possible in people too.

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • gremxulgremxul member
    It's possible.  I'd call your doc and ask to be seen today. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • odd but a good learning experience.  if it can happen in animals then it can definitely happen in humans.  i've heard it is sooooo painful! gl!
  • I would call and ask to be checked out. I've heard it is possible just not very common.
  • I had that, one boob hurt one day and then two days later the other one hurt. Sometimes (just like our wonderful teenage years) they don't want to grow at the same time/rate
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 252195_227135343980097_100000508999307_963905_6629425_n
  • NadiazNadiaz member

So I made an appt today, because sleeping was unBEARable last night.  It ended up being a clogged milk duct, but not infected.  I took a hot shower this morning and just let the water beat on it and then heated it with a heating pad most of today at work.  It started unclogging and it feels SO much better tonight.  Still hard and somewhat tender in some areas, but definite improvement. 

Thanks so much for post ladies!

Zoryana Kaitlyn born 4/16/08. 8 lbs 14 oz and 21 inches long Aidan Sean born 5/23/11. 9 lbs 12 oz and 22 inches long Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"