Trying to Get Pregnant

GTKY: What is your dream job?

If you could have any job you wanted (without having to worry about money, go back to school, go against the competition, relocate, or climb the corporate ladder), what would it be?

Mine would be editor or writer for a women's fashion magazine I think.

GlitterPhoto GlitterPhoto
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
BFP#3 9/28/13 ~ EDD 5/20/14 ~ Benjamin Clarence born 5/15/14

Re: GTKY: What is your dream job?

• A television host! I would love to be on the view!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I already work in the field I know I'm happiest in - food service.  I went to school for television production for a year and hated it.  Towards the end of my first year, I visited a culinary school and decided to enroll.  Got my degree in baking and pastry arts and started work in a kitchen.  I worked for six years as a pastry chef, unemployed for two years, and I'm now a restaurant manager. 

I don't make much money, but I'm happy with what I do.  I can't imagine doing anything else.  Food service is what I know and can do well.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Wildlife rehabilitation.   I did this for awhile as college credit, and some volunteer work after college,  and it was by far the most fulfilling work I've done to date. 
  • It's probably because I just graduated on Saturday and will be starting my first "career" job in 2 weeks and I am still all optimistic that everything will be perfect....so I have to say speech language pathologist.  Although I do wish it was with a pediatric population instead of geriatric.  I really like geriatric, but my passion was working with kids.  Unfortunately, there are no jobs in my area.  

Or decorating wedding cakes, which I used to do in my teens for a small company.  It was so much fun! 

• Horse trainer or horse masseuse.

Or SAHM :)

• I'd love to bake and have a bakery.

Lately, I've been thinking being an RE would be a fascinating challenge.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Stay at home mom or a pasty chef.
  • I love my job as a teacher, but if I had to do it all over again/start new tomorrow I'd want to be a NICU nurse.
  • imagesomnybooks:

It's probably because I just graduated on Saturday and will be starting my first "career" job in 2 weeks and I am still all optimistic that everything will be perfect....so I have to say speech language pathologist.  Although I do wish it was with a pediatric population instead of geriatric.  I really like geriatric, but my passion was working with kids.  Unfortunately, there are no jobs in my area.  

Or decorating wedding cakes, which I used to do in my teens for a small company.  It was so much fun! 

That's what I really am, too! I work with elementary kids.

• I would LOVE to write an etiquette column or work for Emily Post. I would also love to own my own stationary store. 
                                                                                   4.24.12                                                                            5.7.14
                  imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby #2 Chart

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

imageimageimageimage

• I always wanted to be a photographer for National Geographic or something similar.  Guess I'll settle for taking pics of my dogs ;)

I am very happy with my career choice though... I've been selling real estate for 8 years and absolutely love it.  My degree is in interior and architectural design so at least I stayed in the industry.

Me: 35 | Him: 35
    G born 10/25/12 | H born 3/25/14
    TTC#3 since 7/2015
    Early loss 12/2015 most likely due to low progesterone
    Began medicated cycles (Femara/Ovidrel/Endometrin) with TI 1/2016
    BFP 3/22, EDD 12/4/16 ~ It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagemichaela080:
    imagesomnybooks:

It's probably because I just graduated on Saturday and will be starting my first "career" job in 2 weeks and I am still all optimistic that everything will be perfect....so I have to say speech language pathologist.  Although I do wish it was with a pediatric population instead of geriatric.  I really like geriatric, but my passion was working with kids.  Unfortunately, there are no jobs in my area.  

Ah, jealous!  Loved my Pre-K through 5 placement!  That was what I wanted to get.  Alas, it was not meant to be.  Maybe after my CFY.  And I loooove your siggy badge. 

• I'd like to design wedding and party invitations!
    History: Dx homozygous MTHRF gene mutation 11/2010 | Dx Mild Hypothyroidism 5/2011 
    Cycle #1 - BFP 1/15/11 ended in cp 1/20/11 | Cycle #6 - BFP 6/24/11 - m/c at 9 weeks 8/1/11 
    Cycle #1 after m/c - BFP 10/2/11 - EDD June 14, 2012 
    Betas at 15 dpo: 331; at 17 dpo: 934 
    Baby E born at 37 weeks on May 23, 2012!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagelovethoseleaves:
    Wildlife rehabilitation.   I did this for awhile as college credit, and some volunteer work after college,  and it was by far the most fulfilling work I've done to date. 

This is exactly what I would love to do too!! 

• imagesomnybooks:
    imagemichaela080:
    imagesomnybooks:

Ah, jealous!  Loved my Pre-K through 5 placement!  That was what I wanted to get.  Alas, it was not meant to be.  Maybe after my CFY.  And I loooove your siggy badge. 

Ah, the CFY, I almost forgot about that. That was 8 years ago for me. I got my badge on photo bucket. You can use it too if you want.

• I would be a hotel reviewer.... Imagine getting to travel the world for free and stay in the best places!!!
    From Nebraska to Germany, the adventures of the Zwillinge.

BabyFruit Ticker 

• I agree with pp who have said they may just be optimistic, but I think teaching is an excellent career choice for me.  I absolutely LOVE kids (and it's true that they can say the funniest things).  I can make the classroom and teaching structure my own, change things when they don't work, will have new people (students and parents) to work with every year, and get summers and holidays off.  What's not to love?

When I was younger I wanted to be a singer or a writer.  I'm glad I don't have the demands of those jobs, but I wouldn't mind some of the notoriety/accomplishment of those jobs, either...

• Ellis31Ellis31 member
    To have my own painting studio :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagenebrtwin:
    I would be a hotel reviewer.... Imagine getting to travel the world for free and stay in the best places!!!

Oh, that's a good one. Or a spa reviewer (well, I have a blog for that, but I have to pay for the spa treatments and only go to places I can afford!).

• I'd be a professional ballet dancer!  I was always a little and a little clumsy, but I love imagining it when I'm at the ballet :)
    Baking Blog | TTC Blog | Pinterest
    TTC #1 since October 2010 | Began Testing in January 2012
    DH SA - low motility with 0% morph; varicocele (repaired); low T (on Clomid)
    IVF w/ICSI (long Lupron w/ Repronex and Follistim) in September 2012

imageimage
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Career student.  I never get tired of learning....I just go broke from it :(
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Work in sports management or be a sports agent. That is what I had always intended on going into, but then I realized how limited that field is and if I wanted to have a family that most likely wouldn't be the most managable career.
     TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • mines is to be a RN and of course a mom 
    Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • I'd run a horse rescue. I'd take in any horse, but I'd 'specialize' in Arabians. I would rescue, retrain and find good homes for them. My arab filly is a rescue. She's the sweet, talented, beautiful and is registered with a good pedigree. Her dumba$s owner won her in a poker game and left her out in a muddy pasture to starve. Some people don't deserve animals. My Arab gelding was close to being sent to an auction that is notorious for selling horses to 'meat buyers'. He's the best damn horse I've ever owned!
  • Mine would be as the head of an education department at a major zoo, aquarium, sea life park, etc.
    2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
    IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
    7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
    8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
    Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
    11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
    <a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view
  • Can Can Dancer!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Children/YA author

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• If I could get paid for traveling, but not have to do anything more than travel, that would be wonderful (if only, right?)  Smile

Otherwise I think I'd say professional student.  I really do love being in school.  I would love to go back for my doctorate.  And there are a million other things I'd love to go to school for.  I could just do all of them, one at a time!

In the real world, I really think that the field I am in is a good fit for me.  I love the kids I work with.  And I love the idea of having the summer off.

Lots of love to my BFPB, Squishy622 <3

photo 544b4365-b9ee-4805-ba08-f19896d25dae_zpsd8a0debb.jpgphoto ed61c23b-2bf9-4622-b870-072ac0970775_zpsa90b2a73.jpg

• Own my own little shop where I would sell handmade jewelry and other crafts that I love to make, including stationary, invites, wall decor, etc.  I'd also love to have a place in the shop to do jewelry making parties for kids birthdays or girls night outs, etc.

Alternatvely, I think I'd be happy being a SAHM.  3 years ago, I would never have said that!

Ahhhh a girl can dream, as I get ready to sleep and wake up to go to work tomorrow at a job I am not happy with...

• I'd be a country singer :-D and then if I could change my voice I'd be Dolly Parton (alas, I'm more like Sara Evans who is still good).
  • imageAnoraStar:
    I'd run a horse rescue. I'd take in any horse, but I'd 'specialize' in Arabians. I would rescue, retrain and find good homes for them. My arab filly is a rescue. She's the sweet, talented, beautiful and is registered with a good pedigree. Her dumba$s owner won her in a poker game and left her out in a muddy pasture to starve. Some people don't deserve animals. My Arab gelding was close to being sent to an auction that is notorious for selling horses to 'meat buyers'. He's the best damn horse I've ever owned!

Love this.  My arab mare died a few years ago and I miss her so much- we lucked into her.  The owner's barn burnt down and he gave her to us...  But you're right about horse abuse.  I actually rescued an abused horse from my farrier!  I was so mad that we switched to someone 2 counties over.  If you ever create your rescue I want to visit!

• imageKdgTeacher:
    I love my job as a teacher, but if I had to do it all over again/start new tomorrow I'd want to be a NICU nurse.

This is me. I have my teaching degree with a K-3 license and an Early Childhood Special Education License. However it is extremely hard to get a teaching job here in Wisconsin. I worked as a 3/4th grade special education teacher for 2 years and took a year off to stay home with my daughter it was my dream to experience it, so I did. Now I am looking for a job. I applied to 35 job postings today alone. If I am lucky I will get an interview, if I am really lucky a job. 

I do not have my hopes up. So on to plan B and that is a 2 year degree in Nursing that will really take me 2 and a half years. I have already been accepted as pre core nursing, and I have fall classes lined up. So if I don't get a job Nursing Student I will be.

• I'd have my own ranch and breed horses for a living.  Cool
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Jennifer's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • A travel writer or travel show host Big Smile Just not for Globe Trekker Pilot Guides. Have you guys seen those?? They always end up having to eat something weird/gross Indifferent
    ~Adrienne~ 

Elias Jonathon, born Feb 2012
    Baby Girl due Mar 2015
  • Mattress nap tester. 

I don't know if it's a real job but I'd love to nap for a living.  

Other than that, I would love to own a child care center with a kick a$$ curriculum geared towards discovery learning and learning in nature.  

Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • My dream job....which I will accomplish someday....is to be a Marine Biologist and do underwater Photography Big Smile
  • imagepolitelypink:
    Stay at home mom or a pastry chef.

This exactly!

Little Squish #1, 3.25.12

Little Squish #2 Due 10.9.15
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagelovethoseleaves:
    Wildlife rehabilitation.   I did this for awhile as college credit, and some volunteer work after college,  and it was by far the most fulfilling work I've done to date. 

This would be me as well.  I would love to do something like this!  I think it would be sooo rewarding.

• I always wanted to work with marine life but after planning my wedding I decided being an events planner or wedding planner would really suit me! But I do like what I do now too, so I guess I'm all over the place!!
    Married July 17, 2009
    Parker Ellwood born May 11, 2012
    Baby #2 Due March 9, 2015

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"