3rd Trimester

Debating on heading in.....

to L&D. I had a dr's appointment today that went pretty well. I'm just about 3cm (I was 1.5cm last monday), have been having pretty steady contractions for about 2 weeks now and found out I was 80% effaced and that the baby has also moved down quite a bit since last week also.

While all of this means absolutely nothing in the long run really, she decided to strip my membranes again. She did last week too but nothing happened. Sad

Ever since my appointment I have been having pretty painful contractions and I've been using a contraction counter on my iPod for a while now and they are about 4.5 minutes apart lasting about 50 seconds on average (thank god for this app! lol)

I have definitely been "cleaning out" for the past few hours. I don't even know how theres anything even left in me, tmi-sorry.

I also lost some more mucus plug and everytime I go to the bathroom theres a little bit of pink on the toilet paper.

I want to go in, but I don't want to get sent home. We do only live like 15 minutes tops from the hospital but I just don't want to waste anyones time.

Also when you guys time your contractions are you timing the pain or the tightness? I have been basing all of my contractions off the pain but sometimes I don't get the worst pains, I just can totally feel it in my breathing and with how hard my stomach is. 

Should I attempt to go in or should I just stay home? At this point I'm open to anything.

Re: Debating on heading in.....

• I don't have any advice, I just want to wish you good luck!!!
  • darmcadarmca member
    I've had two false calls and feel pretty stupid, so I said next time I'm waiting until I am screaming in pain to call. As far as how to time, I am equally stumped- I am having a hard time determining when my stomach is 'hard'. I have an approx. 9lb baby in there who is curled around in a giant circle. I can feel his legs, butt, spine,etc, so my whole belly seems perma-hard just with baby in there. Hopefully this is it for you- good luck . . .
  • Loading the player...
  • Do you have a number you're supposed to call to check in before heading to L&D?  If you have a number I would definitely call.  If not, give it another hour maybe and head in- especially if the keep going and/or intensify.

Good luck!

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • babykuzbabykuz member
    I would go if you want to.  From what you are describing it sounds like you are probably in labor.  If you are not in tremendous pain, you might want to labor at home a bit longer...probably a bit more comfortable than a hospital.  If you live close by, what's the harm?  If they send you home, they send you home...I am sure they see it all the time.  GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagealliejoe:

Do you have a number you're supposed to call to check in before heading to L&D?  If you have a number I would definitely call.  If not, give it another hour maybe and head in- especially if the keep going and/or intensify.

Good luck!

Unfortunately no, I asked my dr today and she said to just show up and they will call her if I am staying or not. 

Thanks!

• imageheysupnatalie:
    imagealliejoe:

Do you have a number you're supposed to call to check in before heading to L&D?  If you have a number I would definitely call.  If not, give it another hour maybe and head in- especially if the keep going and/or intensify.

Good luck!

Unfortunately no, I asked my dr today and she said to just show up and they will call her if I am staying or not. 

Thanks!

How long have you been having them? If's been at least an hour go in. They will monitor you for another hr or so (maybe longer) to see if you progress any. GL! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageheysupnatalie:
    imagealliejoe:

Good luck!

Thanks!

ugh- that sucks!  I hope they get stronger in the next little bit- then you won't have to question whether or not to go in :)

imageLilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • imageangelproberts:
    imageheysupnatalie:
    imagealliejoe:

Good luck!

Thanks!

How long have you been having them? If's been at least an hour go in. They will monitor you for another hr or so (maybe longer) to see if you progress any. GL! 

I've been having them since 3 this afternoon, but really got serious around 10 tonight. I am laying in bed now we are gonna rest for a bit and then if it's still going strong we're gonna head in. 

• Are you still home or did you go in??
  • Personally, I would labor at home for longer, especially if you live so close to the hospital.

• imagekattyleigh:

Personally, I would labor at home for longer, especially if you live so close to the hospital.

This. I would even shower and get all pretty so I look good in pictures before heading to the hospital. 

• I would go in! Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBetsyDavis:
    imagekattyleigh:

Personally, I would labor at home for longer, especially if you live so close to the hospital.

This. I would even shower and get all pretty so I look good in pictures before heading to the hospital. 

Ditto. There's no reason to go in, be hooked up to monitors and wires and get the clock starting. I would labor at home. If your water breaks or the contractions start to get painful or closer together, then go. You're close enough that laboring at home isn't a big deal - it will also be way more comfortable to labor at home, trust me! Eat a sandwich and walk around your house with your cell phone in hand to get things going, take a shower, pack your bag, call some friends and let them know it's likely going to be today or tomorrow. Why rush it? It will likely be many hours from now before your child is born yet. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • imageBetsyDavis:
    imagekattyleigh:

Haha, I did end up showering and stuff and my FI showered and shaved (that made me laugh because I've been trying to get him to for a few days and he wouldn't. Start talking baby and he will!) We ended up staying home. I had some super painful ones around 2am that actually woke me up from my nap and were 2 minutes apart but then they just stopped. Darn false labor! Sad

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"