Babies: 9 - 12 Months

No pet vaccinations for poor people!

13»

Re: No pet vaccinations for poor people!

• imagelaura_belle:

imagerubredvelvet:
    I'm not really sure what all this is about, since I barely read the thread. But we don't vaccinate our pets, they get rabies and that's it. My parents do more of a let nature run it's course with animals. I remember one time my cat got into a fight with something and the muscles of his foot were exposed. He never went to the vet but my folks wrapped it up and it did heal on it's own. (I guess what I think this means is the vets prices don't reflect what they do - very similar to the inflated costs of human healthcare...)

Wow.  I am speechless.  That never happens. 

I am fairly certain you just describe animal neglect.

because... We take a more natural approach? I'm not sure why you think that. I mean poor Mabel is fine now, shes an outdoor cat and I'm sure just got into it with other cornfield critters... It's natural for animals to want o be outside - what's not natural... Things like declawing cats!! Talk about cruel!
  • imageMrsLacy:
    imagejlthompson19:
    imageMrsLacy:
    imagelaura_belle:

Yup.  Nothing like telling us working moms that total strangers are raising our children.  I guess it helps her justify her decisions.  I have to step away from this now because nothing makes me more angry than bulls!t like that.

I honestly meant no offense. 

But I said "help" raise my baby. Unless you personally know your DCP, in the beginning strangers are caring for them.  Qualified and trained, but strangers nonetheless.  

And no way in hell do I judge those for having to put their children in DC, a mommas got to do what a mommas got to do.

My apologies. 

I work because I want to.  I don't want to be a SAHM.  Currently my sister watches DD but I WANT to put her daycare.  She'll get so much more socialization and early education than I could ever provide for her. 

In reality all of us will be having strangers help raise our kids once they go to Kindergarten.  And unless private schooling is involved, we also don't get to "vet" the school like we do for daycares.

Ugh, I suck at writing today.  I'm not very eloquent with words if you haven't figured that out yet. 

Can I change that last part to "I don't judge anyone for their decision to put their kids in DC"?   It's a personal parenting decision.  I'm not comfortable with it at this young age, but more power to those who are.

Sorry.  ::blushes in embarrassment::

All is good, just a touchy subject.  Much like animal welfare-wow two of my hot buttons in one post!

• Loading the player...
  • imagejlthompson19:

imagerubredvelvet:
    I'm not really sure what all this is about, since I barely read the thread. But we don't vaccinate our pets, they get rabies and that's it. My parents do more of a let nature run it's course with animals. I remember one time my cat got into a fight with something and the muscles of his foot were exposed. He never went to the vet but my folks wrapped it up and it did heal on it's own. (I guess what I think this means is the vets prices don't reflect what they do - very similar to the inflated costs of human healthcare...)

You need a new vet.  And your parents suck.

hmm, well I'm sorry you feel that way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"