Babies: 0 - 3 Months

What do you do when your lo is awake?

We're almost to 7 weeks. She's still napping quite a bit but is more awake during the day. 

I don't know whatto o with her. I mean, we sing, talk, she'll sit on her mat or in her swing, we got for walks. After day after day of these activities, I'm wondering if there is something else we could be doing. 

what do you do? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What do you do when your lo is awake?

• I sit him on my lap so he's off his head. Sometimes I just sit with him in my arms and watch tv
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Thankfully, his older brother keeps him entertained. He loves to watch him. But we do a lot of the same things. Play on the mat, go for walks. Don't worry, they do get more exciting!

Braydon 1.23.09
    Weston 3.24.11
    EDD 5.26.14
  • Loading the player...
  • lmg423lmg423 member

imagelabooshki:
    Thankfully, his older brother keeps him entertained. He loves to watch him. But we do a lot of the same things. Play on the mat, go for walks. Don't worry, they do get more exciting!

Ok :) good.  

• imagemagdalina.h:
    I sit him on my lap so he's off his head. Sometimes I just sit with him in my arms and watch tv
    This.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • We play very exciting games, such as:

- So Big

- Stick Out Your Tongue

- Smile Crazily to get your Baby to Smile

- Dance to the TV Commercials (especially the Weber one)

- Make Up Silly Songs about Nothing

That's about it.  :-) 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimage
  • jgoojgoo member

That's pretty much it!

Ditto about sitting her up as well. She loves to be upright- it's almost an acitivity in itself.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lmg423lmg423 member
    imagejgoo:

That's pretty much it!

Ditto about sitting her up as well. She loves to be upright- it's almost an acitivity in itself.

good :) i'm glad i'm not missing anything. 

• imageSushiNoMore:

We play very exciting games, such as:

- So Big

- Stick Out Your Tongue

- Smile Crazily to get your Baby to Smile

- Dance to the TV Commercials (especially the Weber one)

- Make Up Silly Songs about Nothing

That's about it.  :-) 

This! We do the "How big is that baby" "This big!" game approximately 10 times a day. He sticks his tongue out at me constantly. We dance to the soundtracks from Glee (especially the Warblers). I sing songs about changing his diaper. Good times.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • At that age, my kids were only allowed to be awake for about an hour, so I put them down after 40 minutes of awake time. All that time was taken up with eating and diapering.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • imagejuliane2004:
    At that age, my kids were only allowed to be awake for about an hour, so I put them down after 40 minutes of awake time. All that time was taken up with eating and diapering.

Um, are you for real? You only "allow" them to be up for 40 minutes? 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekonyx2:

imagejuliane2004:
    At that age, my kids were only allowed to be awake for about an hour, so I put them down after 40 minutes of awake time. All that time was taken up with eating and diapering.

Um, are you for real? You only "allow" them to be up for 40 minutes? 

you do realize that they are talking about a 7 wk old right? My DS was only awake for an hour before every nap otherwise he became overly tired which equaled a screaming baby. You do what works best for your child even if it doesn't work for others.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagejuliane2004:

How exciting!

We play games, sing, and dance around. She's often awake for more than 40 minutes at a time and she has STTN for a couple weeks now.

• imagejuliane2004:

And if they didn't fall asleep after an hour what happened?  Did you bore them to death with your how to guide to sleeping infants? Sleep That sure would make me fall asleep.

OP, we did most of the same things you are doing. Except the walks, Mother Nature has not been kind to us lately, if its not cold and raining, its hot and humid.  Also, sitting her upright isn't a bad idea either! 

• pauleyjpauleyj member
    With my 6-week-old, I lay her on the floor next to me while I do sit ups, push ups and other floor excercies. She kicks and wiggles and talk to her at the same time because she won't lay there very long if I'm not paying attention to her.   I've also been trying to get a good video of her smiling and "talking" to me.  So, whenever she's in a good mood and making lots of cooing noises I try to catch it on video. I've been having a hard time because when she sees the camera she just stops and looks at it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"