Babies: 9 - 12 Months

No pet vaccinations for poor people!

05-16-2011 at 1:01 PMimageMasonismyl...Not RankedJoined on 01-26-2011540 Posts11,858 PointsMasonismylove is online. Last active: 05-16-2011, 12:00 PMBronzeRe: Having babies close togetherimage Heather R:image Masonismylove:You have no idea how much it is to board my dog. Don't worry about  my finances. All of our bills and our mortgage is paid every month and we don't get any help from the govt.Yes, I do.  It's between 20 and 70 dollars a day, depending on the kennel / shelter / vet.If you can't afford pet care and vaccines, then you can't afford travel.  Period.Consumer ed = fail. This is FUNNY!!!!!! I don't vaccinate her because there is no need to unless she is around other dogs and she is not.So I guess I need to be like these other dead beats out there and go get foodstamps, medicade for DS and collect a welfare check, huh?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: No pet vaccinations for poor people!

• and seriously, how many people do you know that have gone on welfare just to maintain their pet in the luxury they had become accustomed to?  
  • Loading the player...
  • i have 2 indoor cats (who sometimes tries to sneak outside) but both are vaccinated.  It worries me if her dog isn't vaccinated but stays outside the majority of time.  Just realise there are other animals that have rabies...that is the first thing that jumps to mind including other dangerous diseases.

Just my 2 cents, it's not my pet. 

Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• Normally I love bump drama but this one is getting old and boooooooring.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • bancbevbancbev member

imageyourfaceyourface:
    ffs, let it go!

seriously.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageKristen050:
    Normally I love bump drama but this one is getting old and boooooooring.

I dont know.  Usually it's about the welfare queens in their caddy with their nails done and their hair done.  This is a new twist, going on welfare to vaccinate your pets  

• imagebancbev:

imageyourfaceyourface:
    ffs, let it go!

seriously.

She just posted this 15 minutes ago.  So the statute of limitations on this is still on  

• imageAvidVertigo:

i have 2 indoor cats (who sometimes tries to sneak outside) but both are vaccinated.  It worries me if her dog isn't vaccinated but stays outside the majority of time.  Just realise there are other animals that have rabies...that is the first thing that jumps to mind including other dangerous diseases.

No. Jade is inside and does not come into contact with other animals. This was part of my decision not to leave her outside during the day.

• Yankee must have a really really boring life!!!! I bet her husband is boring!!!!!!!!!!
  • imageMasonismylove:
    imageAvidVertigo:

i have 2 indoor cats (who sometimes tries to sneak outside) but both are vaccinated.  It worries me if her dog isn't vaccinated but stays outside the majority of time.  Just realise there are other animals that have rabies...that is the first thing that jumps to mind including other dangerous diseases.

No. Jade is inside and does not come into contact with other animals. This was part of my decision not to leave her outside during the day.

I would think the same thing, but we have stray cats, squirrels, birds that fly around, racoons, deer, etc.  and I live smack dab in the middle of a very populated metro area.  My vet told me that fleas tend to jump from under your porch or grass on to your pet as well.  Sorry, I just thought I needed to share the info with you.  Like I said, it is your dog and you have to make the best decision for it.

Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• imageAvidVertigo:
    imageMasonismylove:
    imageAvidVertigo:

I would think the same thing, but we have stray cats, squirrels, birds that fly around, racoons, deer, etc.  and I live smack dab in the middle of a very populated metro area.  My vet told me that fleas tend to jump from under your porch or grass on to your pet as well.  Sorry, I just thought I needed to share the info with you.  Like I said, it is your dog and you have to make the best decision for it.

Thank you for the advice and the way it was delivered.

• imageMasonismylove:
    imageAvidVertigo:
    imageMasonismylove:
    imageAvidVertigo:

No problem. 

Married 2007
    DS - 5/2010
    DD - 6-2013
    TTC #3 - Cycle #9

• FTR, I thought she said she did do the rabies?  It's illegal in most parts of the country not to.

• imageyourfaceyourface:
    ffs, let it go!

This please! I can't take 2 weeks in a row.

• imagebancbev:

imageyourfaceyourface:
    ffs, let it go!

seriously.

Please. Enough already.
  • imagejlthompson19:

FTR, I thought she said she did do the rabies?  It's illegal in most parts of the country not to.

No I do rabies because it is illegal not to. She gets flea and heatworm preventatives and a flea bath every month. 

• I went on welfare once so I could feed my parakeet. I'm not a dead beat, though. I prefer bum.
  • Even though this is old, as a vet tech I swear I hate it when people don't get their pet vaccinated and then complain when their pet gets sick and how much it costs to get them better. There are some vaccines that based on your situation may not be necessary but get the basics at least! Your pet doesn't have to be around other pets to get sick. You can carry the viruses to them on your shoes!

Ok, I am done now. 

Oh wait...USE HEARTWORM PREVENTION! ok, for real. I'm done!Zip it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • *** Ah crap, I meant to throw something relevant to the post in there.

If you can't afford to take total care of a pet, don't get one. Period. Get a plant.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Even us smurfs vaccinate our pets and we are poor. We live in mushrooms, people!
  • imageAvidVertigo:
    imageMasonismylove:
    imageAvidVertigo:
    imageMasonismylove:
    imageAvidVertigo:

No problem. 

Just wanted to add that we do vaccinate but were super lazy about giving our dog heart worm meds figuring that it's very unlikely that dogs up north get it.....well he got it.  It ended up costing us over $500 and our dog was sick for quite a while due to the treatments they have to give them.  Looking back I really wish we had just given him those little heart worm chewy things (now we do).  It's one fairly inexpensive way to protect your pet from something even if they aren't in contact with other animals.  Heartworm is spread by mosquitos.

• Aww so sad Doremi!!! We give our dog them too.. The vet said we should if we plan to go camping or whatever... We never take him with us anyways (no safe way of driving him all the way up there), but we decided to find a way this year so glad we already have them to give them to him etc... I would not want that to happen to my puppy. Poor you and poor puppy. I was very sad when my dogs foot got hurt.. Even though it cost me 100 bucks in pain pills and antibiotics.. ::strolls off mumbling got damn stupid dog ugh don't even know how that shiit happened. Vet prob did it cause he was fine before.. stupid asss lying mufvckers::
  • imagedoremi29:
    imageAvidVertigo:
    imageMasonismylove:
    imageAvidVertigo:
    imageMasonismylove:
    imageAvidVertigo:

No problem. 

Just wanted to add that we do vaccinate but were super lazy about giving our dog heart worm meds figuring that it's very unlikely that dogs up north get it.....well he got it.  It ended up costing us over $500 and our dog was sick for quite a while due to the treatments they have to give them.  Looking back I really wish we had just given him those little heart worm chewy things (now we do).  It's one fairly inexpensive way to protect your pet from something even if they aren't in contact with other animals.  Heartworm is spread by mosquitos.

Since we live in the country, I am very careful of making sure she gets her heartworm.

• imageCANDID SMURF:
    Even us smurfs vaccinate our pets and we are poor. We live in mushrooms, people!

Hi Yankee. Did you get banned?

• imageMasonismylove:

imageCANDID SMURF:
    Even us smurfs vaccinate our pets and we are poor. We live in mushrooms, people!

Hi Yankee. Did you get banned?

don't quit your day job 

• imagejcthomas1281:

*** Ah crap, I meant to throw something relevant to the post in there.

If you can't afford to take total care of a pet, don't get one. Period. Get a plant.

That's just like saying "If you can't afford to have a kid and you get pregnant have an abortion." Just sayin.

• imagelaura_belle:

imageDrinknDerive:
    I went on welfare once so I could feed my parakeet. I'm not a dead beat, though. I prefer bum.

At 9 years old, my dog is very set in her ways.  She needs to maintain her life of luxury.  I don't judge you.

you should see Queens' collection of blahniks and jimmy choos  

• lol.  How did I miss that reply?

Everyone in here saying "FFS" is missing the real point of Yankee's post, which is that MML has now stated that people on low-income food assistance and Medicaid are deadbeats.

Her terrible grasp of basic household economics is secondary but confirms her poor logic once again: 1) I have to go on welfare to provide for my petI or 2) I can afford to travel but not afford to provide for my pet.

• imageHeather R:

lol.  How did I miss that reply?

Everyone in here saying "FFS" is missing the real point of Yankee's post, which is that MML has now stated that people on low-income food assistance and Medicaid are deadbeats.

it's b/c no one gives a shiit anymore.

• imageMasonismylove:

That's just like saying "If you can't afford to have a kid and you get pregnant have an abortion." Just sayin.

Well, that would kind of be a legit reason people get abortions.

But (naturally), this is a flawed statement, because you and your defenders have already established that dogs aren't human, so you can't really go and compare a dog to a human fetus now.

• imageyourfaceyourface:
    it's b/c no one gives a shiit anymore.

I see.  Well, I do understand how one could become immune to her stupid statements, but I think calling low income people in need of assistance "deadbeats" should call attention to the fact that she is really an awful person, in case anyone doubted it after the racial dig at Yankee.

• imageHeather R:

Her terrible grasp of basic household economics is secondary but confirms her poor logic once again: 1) I have to go on welfare to provide for my petI or 2) I can afford to travel but not afford to provide for my pet.

You are really heartless. Do you really, seriously think I wanted to travel to finalize my dead mother's estate??????!!!!! I had no choice but to "travel" to do this. LEAVE IT ALONE.

• Um, you people realize that heartworms come from mosquitos, right?  Even dogs in NYC need a monthly preventative.
  • imageMasonismylove:
    imageHeather R:

You are really heartless. Do you really, seriously think I wanted to travel to finalize my dead mother's estate??????!!!!! I had no choice but to "travel" to do this. LEAVE IT ALONE.

oh shut up, you fvcking whiner.  Anytime anyone calls you on your stupid shiit you bring up your mother's death.  You did the same thing in your other thread.

Let's talk about how you think anyone on welfare is a deadbeat.  I noticed how you keep dancing around that  

• imagejlthompson19:
    Um, you people realize that heartworms come from mosquitos, right?  Even dogs in NYC need a monthly preventative.

Yes maam LOL

• imageMasonismylove:

imagejlthompson19:
    Um, you people realize that heartworms come from mosquitos, right?  Even dogs in NYC need a monthly preventative.

Yes maam LOL

You were just SCREAMING in your reply to Heather and now you're LOling?  You really crack me up, MML 

• imageMasonismylove:

I know the purpose of your travel. I didn't present it as vacation or a joyride.  It has been pointed out that estate planning is not a spur of the moment thing, and so the trip could have been planned / budgeted appropriately, MML. 

• imageyankeebaby2:
    imageMasonismylove:
    imageHeather R:

oh shut up, you fvcking whiner.  Anytime anyone calls you on your stupid shiit you bring up your mother's death.  You did the same thing in your other thread.

Let's talk about how you think anyone on welfare is a deadbeat.  I noticed how you keep dancing around that  

You must really stupid. The only reason I had to go out of town was for this very reason. Idiot. Otherwise Jade having to be outside wouldn't have come up, thus this issue would have been over a long time ago.

And yes, the people on welfare who sit on their butts, have a dozen kids and do not work are deadbeats.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"