Cloth Diapering

Please recommend a diaper for a newborn

My 1st son wore BG 3.0's from about 1 1/2 months until potty trained. He was a big boy though. I have 6 Kissaluv 0's and 2 covers. We used these with my oldest in addition to disposables. We'd like to eliminate the disposables completely this time around, but it is our last baby and don't want to spend a ton on newborn diapers. We are assuming that this baby will also grow like a weed and can then wear L's BG 3.0's. What do you recommend?

Thank you! Big Smile

Re: Please recommend a diaper for a newborn

• I'd go with prefolds if you're looking for something inexpensive.

Green Mountain Diapers make a good one.  With the 6 fitteds you already have, I'd get 24 prefolds and 3-4 more covers.

photo 7ce353dd-36ff-42be-84c5-8548c1d4fa1cjpg
    BFP #1 11/28/09 ~ EDD 8/6/10 ~ DS Born 8/9/10
    BFP #2 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/8/14 ~ Natural MC 9/18/13 at 6 weeks, 6 days
    BFP#3 3/28/14 ~ EDD 12/7/14 ~ DD Born 11/21/14
    BFP#4 6/15/17 ~ EDD 2/20/18
  • Loading the player...
  • I love Bummis. I used these from day 4 and didn't have any leaks. I had 5 NB (4-9lbs). My daughter is still wearing the NB size and is now close to 12lbs. Also they are really inexpensive.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • If you liked fitteds, there are a couple rental programs for Kissaluv's & covers. I thought about it but decided since we're planning on a second child, it made more sense to buy a stash.

Here's one that I looked at: https://www.modernclothdiapers.com/catalog/newborn-diaper-rentals-21-1.html

Lilypie - (8zJg)Lilypie - (Eu83)
  • How big were your other babies when born?  I would do yellow edge prefolds from GMD if they were over 8 lbs. 
    image Ethan 12.31.07 Lillian 4.1.11
  • I have 30 unbleached Indian prefolds, 2 snappis and 6 thirsties duo diaper wraps covers (size 1) for DD and it's working great!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • NannaNanna member
    We've liked prefolds, KL0s and the GMD workhorse fitteds with covers for our newborn.
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"