Trying to Get Pregnant

How to tell DH about BFP?

Any good ideas as to how to tell DH that he's going to be a dad?

I don't have a BFP this month yet (nor do I have my hopes up...) but I'm just curious about any creative ideas out there! 

Re: How to tell DH about BFP?

• My DH is a huge football fan.  I have a Chicago Bears onesie stashed away for that moment!
    My Blog
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

TTC #1 since February 2011
    Me: 29 (3/5/13- high NK cells)  DH: 28 (5/8/12- MFI low morph and motility)
    Cycle #21 (IUI#1), Cycle #22 (HSG 9/21/12) and Cycle #23 (IUI#2)=  image
    Cycle #24- December Snow Bunny IVF #1
    ER 12/6/12 (14R, 11M, 9F), ET 12/9/12 transferred 2 day 3 embies
    Bleeding and low betas=very cautious image C/P 5W3D
    Cycle #26 March Lucky Duck- FET #1
    scheduled 3/20/13- CANCELLED- lining issues
    Cycle #27 May Emerald- FET #1.2
    delayed- Starting Trental for 3 months + natural cycles Cycle #28-30=  image
    Cycle #31 August Shooting Star- FET #1.3 
    transferred 1 hatching blast 8/21/13= imageBetas 8/30 (108) and 9/3 (565)

U/S 9/19/13- HR is 128!  U/S #2 10/4/13- HR is 174!
    It's a BOY!

• Maybe a onesie that says "My dad rocks" or "If you think Im cute you should see my dad" etc....

Or if he loves a certain sports team, get a mini jersey!

• Loading the player...
  • I had wanted to get DH a b-day cake that said "Happy birthday Daddy"...but I didn't get a BFP.  Now I'm hoping for a father's day surprise OR I am going to take him back to the place we met (which is also where we got engaged) and give him the news there with a basket of goodies for the daddy to be :o)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I always had grand designs of doing something special but then I get too excited and end up blurting it out right away Crying
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD #1 passed away in January 2011 at 14 days old due to congenital heart disease
    DD#2 lost in January 2012 at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios caused by a placental abruption
  • I found out right before Halloween, so I bought a Halloween onesie, bought a pumpkin shaped trick or treat basket... put the onesie in the bottom and filled it with candy. Then I said I got the candy for him to take to work, but told him to look in the bottom... it was really cute!
  • I will probably run screaming from the bathroom with my pants around my ankles waving the stick in his face. 

Either that or we'll wait for the betas from the RE.  

I'm not very creative.  

Little Slick
    Born 6.26.10
    Forever a Family 11.26.12
  • I have a Fathers Day card tucked away.  Probably wont have a BFP around Fathers Day but whatever. 
  • imageMrs.Slick:

I will probably run screaming from the bathroom with my pants around my ankles waving the stick in his face. 

HA!! This.

I thought about doing something creative, but I couldn't wait! Plus he was home and knew I was POAS.

• I bought a onesie to give him. I actually already wrapped it, because I know that when I actually get a BFP, I won't be able to wait to wrap it before I tell him.
  • imageMrs.Slick:

I will probably run screaming from the bathroom with my pants around my ankles waving the stick in his face. 

I'm not very creative.  

It will probably be what Slick said!  However, if I can keep it together long enough, DH and I have a tradition of making little "scavenger hunts" for each other, with clues leading to different places and surprises and presents at the end of the hunt.  So *if* I could manage to not immediately blurt it out, I'd make a little scavenger hunt with a Giants onesie (or maybe tiny baby socks?) at the end...  

But yeah.  Keep dreaming.  Probably running out of the bathroom with my pants around my ankles  :) 

Severe MFI. Me: supposedly all clear but eggs showed vacuoles.

IVF #1 January 2012, ER Jan 14th: 34R, 27M, 23F. Day 3: 18 embies still strong. Day 5: zero "good," one "fair," the rest "poor." Transferred 3. None made it to blast or to freeze. Jan 28: BFN.

Lucky IVF #2: Transferred two beautiful day three embies on St. Patrick's Day. BFP on HPT 7dp3dt. Beta 1 (14dpER)=106; Beta 2 (16dpER)=140; Beta 3 (19dpER)=264! First u/s 4.17.

imageimageimageBabyFruit Ticker

Hope is the thing with feathers - that perches in the soul - and sings the tune without the words - and never stops - at all - (Emily Dickinson)

• I would like to buy a cute Fathers Day card to give him. I often give him cards, so I think it would be a nice surprise for him.
  • imageMrs.Slick:

I'm not very creative.  

Yes Hahaha... I absolutely see myself doing this!!!  HAHAHA

<3 Baby #1 BFP 6/10/2011-EDD 2/19/2012-DS Born 2/10/2012!
    :'(  CP BFP 1/6/2013-EDD 9/19/2013-CP 1/9/2013
    <3 Baby #2 BFP 1/3/2014-EDD 9/12/2014 -DD Born 9/10/2014!
    <3 Baby #3 BFP 7/8/2018-EDD 3/17/2019-Team Green!

• DH made me promise to tell him whenever I'm going to test so he'll be getting a pee stick in his face. Last time I had to ask him if he saw the faint line too. Very unceremonious.
  • I am really bad with seeing imaginary lines, so as much as I'd love to be creative, it's just not an option for me.  I always run out and ask if he sees a line, if he does see a line as well, I guess that's how I told him.  On the other hand, for family I have a bit better of a plan.

On the tri boards a few people mentioned getting your picture taken, or taking a current picture.  On the picture having it digitally written on with the old Mastercard Slogan "Camera $200, Digital Printing $10, Batteries $5, Knowing there's really 3 people in this picture: Priceless.

-adorUHbuL

• I've ordered these:

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/48231096

I'm going to stash them away for when I get my BFP. Embarrassed

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPicAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageadoruhbul:

On the tri boards a few people mentioned getting your picture taken, or taking a current picture.  On the picture having it digitally written on with the old Mastercard Slogan "Camera $200, Digital Printing $10, Batteries $5, Knowing there's really 3 people in this picture: Priceless.

That's the best idea! I'm totally going to use that! 

• My DH is actually really sweet and he always wants to sit and wait with me while we wait for the test to process so he can be there to either give me a big hug with a BFN or jump up and down and high five me with a BFP.  We're big high fivers ;)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 

BFP #1 6/28/11 ~ EDD 3/7/12 ~ m/c 7/15/11 at 6w2d
    BFP #2 8/29/11 ~ EDD 5/12/12. 4/25/12: Our take home baby is here!
     BFP #3 8/27/13 ~ EDD 5/11/14.  4/27/14:  Our second take home baby is here!

• manda42manda42 member

I already got a dog shirt for my puppy that says, "I'm going to be a big sister". It's in the bathroom inside of an empty tampon box (chances are DH won't find it there!). 

There are some great ideas from others here that I may "borrow" to tell other members of the family. 

Expecting #2 In June 2014
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • griff45griff45 member
    The 2 times I have gotten a BFP I have always just shown him the test. It is boring and not cute but it gets the point across. Smile
  • mchupiemchupie member
    Haha no cute ideas here, just don't tell him he doesn't need to get his sperm tested Embarrassed
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • I loved the post about the pants down!! That's hilarious! I would love to get DH a onesie of his fav. band but you can only order online if you're a club member. He is a club member, but I can't order one ahead of time w/o him knowing, so I don't know what I'm going to do. I know at one point he mentioned us getting a video camera when we have kids to record memories, so maybe I'll go out and buy one and tell him that way. We'll see when it happens. : )
  • imageBitsKD13:

I've ordered these:

https://www.etsy.com/transaction/48231096

I'm going to stash them away for when I get my BFP. Embarrassed

LOVE these!  SO cute! 

Severe MFI. Me: supposedly all clear but eggs showed vacuoles.

IVF #1 January 2012, ER Jan 14th: 34R, 27M, 23F. Day 3: 18 embies still strong. Day 5: zero "good," one "fair," the rest "poor." Transferred 3. None made it to blast or to freeze. Jan 28: BFN.

Lucky IVF #2: Transferred two beautiful day three embies on St. Patrick's Day. BFP on HPT 7dp3dt. Beta 1 (14dpER)=106; Beta 2 (16dpER)=140; Beta 3 (19dpER)=264! First u/s 4.17.

imageimageimageBabyFruit Ticker

Hope is the thing with feathers - that perches in the soul - and sings the tune without the words - and never stops - at all - (Emily Dickinson)

• No suggestions - mh is right there with me every time I POAS, sooooo there will be no element of surprise!! 
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• noryangnoryang member
    imagemanda42:

I already got a dog shirt for my puppy that says, "I'm going to be a big sister". It's in the bathroom inside of an empty tampon box (chances are DH won't find it there!). 

There are some great ideas from others here that I may "borrow" to tell other members of the family. 

Soon to be Big Sister Eowyn - DOB February 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
     BabyFruit Ticker

My family is a Foreign Service family. Families like mine are posted in every corner of the globe. We live our lives away from family, friends and the conviences and comforts of home. We often live and work in dangerous places among those that misunderstand our intentions and purposes. Sometimes members of our ranks sacrifice our lives to further diplomacy.  Please remember that we serve too. And I'm always open to questions.

• noryangnoryang member
    imagenoryang:
    imagemanda42:

Dang it! I hate when this thing posts before you have even typed a word.

Just want to say that the tampon box idea is beyond brilliant.

To tell my DH - I bought a maternity shirt for myself that says "Future Steelers Fan" with an arrow pointing to the tummy. My DH should LOVE this as I am NOT a Steelers fan but a NY Giants fan. I am also planning on telling DH's family by taking a family wearing this shirt and sending them the picture. Should be a big hit.

Soon to be Big Sister Eowyn - DOB February 2012
     BabyFruit Ticker

My family is a Foreign Service family. Families like mine are posted in every corner of the globe. We live our lives away from family, friends and the conviences and comforts of home. We often live and work in dangerous places among those that misunderstand our intentions and purposes. Sometimes members of our ranks sacrifice our lives to further diplomacy.  Please remember that we serve too. And I'm always open to questions.

• I only have communication through texts right now :-/ I don't think texting it would be very romantic.  I'll have to just beg him to call me....  Or surprise him at Ft Dix!  That would be fun!
  • when we got our BFP I tested on a thursday and kept it a secret until the sunday since we were both working crazy schedules and I wanted it to be a big moment for him too. I did the typical "baby meal" baby carrots, baby corn, babyback ribs and baby potatoes. I had it all presented so pretty and he was like "why are we eating like this. what's going on?" I asked him to use his imagination but he still didn't get it so I brought out a present and before he opened it he was like "your pregnant!" the present was a pair of booties and a the pregnancy test. Then he told me to not get excited since "these things are wrong all the time" so I said " I've taken 5!" we hugged and laughed. it was awesome.

• it depends on the day if he goes to work and I found out while he is at work.. I am just simply going to wait till he gets home.... and I nkow this sounds corny, but go up to him and place his hand on my tummy and tell him that we are expecting...
    if its while we are both home I will probably just scream with excitement ni the bathroom until he comes running in lol..
  • every month since we started becoming "active" with eachother, when AF arrives i have told him that he's "not a dad".. in the beginning it was meant to be a good thing Stick out tongue.  when i get BFP i am going to change it to he "is a dad". 

F15 December Siggy Challenge: Holiday Decoration Fails

Natalie Ann is on her way!
     BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ideas I've contemplated:

1. Handing him new "mi familia" stickers to put on my car because the old ones are faded and cracked, but adding a baby one.

2. Not telling him and letting him just figure it out

3. Telling him in Chinese so he has to translate it

4. Saying, "I'm pregnant."

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • imagebrookelynpaisley:

Ideas I've contemplated:

1. Handing him new "mi familia" stickers to put on my car because the old ones are faded and cracked, but adding a baby one.

Bwahahaha! Yes

photo d09ff0b8-8137-4e1c-ae47-58c3ef11d6b5_zpsdf895214.jpg
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imagekeyourtnee:
    imagebrookelynpaisley:

Ideas I've contemplated:

Bwahahaha! Yes

Oh, I forgot. I might just high five his junk.

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • imagebrookelynpaisley:
    imagekeyourtnee:
    imagebrookelynpaisley:

Ideas I've contemplated:

Bwahahaha! Yes

Oh, I forgot. I might just high five his junk.

Gotta give his sperm some recognition!

photo d09ff0b8-8137-4e1c-ae47-58c3ef11d6b5_zpsdf895214.jpg
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"