1st Trimester

Newly Pregnant - 9DPO

Hi, I am new to this community! I just found out I was pregnant at 6DPO after 1 month of TTC and about a year of preparing to TTC.
I am super excited, though a bit cautious and in disbelief because I tested so early and got a positive. I will be calling my OB to schedule blood work on Monday.

I wonder if such an early result might mean twins, since the hormone is doubled with twins.

Re: Newly Pregnant - 9DPO

• i tested 5 days before my missed period with both my kids, getting a positive result. they were single =]

• 5 days before is kind of normal.
    I tested a week before and got a strong positive.
    Either way, twins or not, I'd be happy! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Congrats! Were you charting? I got a positive at 8dpo which is as early as I've seen on here. 6dpo is crazy early, but not impossible if you implanted early... You should get a blood test to test your hcg #'s. Mine was high (32,000 at 6 weeks, previous #'s in sig), but I am 99% sure there is only one in there.

I think I've stumbled on your blog before. Do you do the selfie pics?

ETA: just came back to this thread and have to say that I was being polite in my first post. Had not read anything on her baby making blog, but have seen people (other bloggers) link to her selfie pics on her self portrait blog. The one post I saw had about a million pics of herself in a bikini and I made this face Hmm and closed the blog. I agree that getting a bfp at 6DPO is pretty much unheard of.  Never seen it on the bump or IRL. I think your ideas are extreme and that is being nice. I would hate to see what you do when/if you have other kids...

• Yes,  was charting about 4 months before we started TTCing. On the 1st month of TTC  ( May), I was supposed to ovulate on the 4th but it happened on the 5th ( no doubt about it, it's very clear per chart). We were also doing Shettle's, so we stopped having sex 3 days before ovulation. I was sure there was no way I was pregnant, with it being our first month, and us finishing TTC 3 days before actual O. But there it was. I know I implanted on day 5 ( again per chart). The line was very clear too, which is amazing on 6DPO. I'll be calling my doc on Monday.

And yes, I do do selfies, i can't believe you've been to my blog.
    Do you have a pregnancy blog yourself? I'd love to read it.
    Oh and please don't mention anythign about my pregnancy on my blog- it's way too early and I wont be announcing it for a month or so.
  • imageTAOMAB:

Hi, I am new to this community! I just found out I was pregnant at 6DPO after 1 month of TTC and about a year of preparing to TTC.
    I am super excited, though a bit cautious and in disbelief because I tested so early and got a positive. I will be calling my OB to schedule blood work on Monday.

I wonder if such an early result might mean twins, since the hormone is doubled with twins.

Not true. My beta with my twins was the same as my friends beta with her singleton. Many women on the Multiples board have had the same experience. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageLilystar82:
    imageTAOMAB:

Not true. My beta with my twins was the same as my friends beta with her singleton. Many women on the Multiples board have had the same experience. 

Yeah that's what I'm kind of finding out. That's good, I guess. Twin pregnancies are high risk and while I'd love twins, if it's not it's better.

• imagekdodge423:

Line darkness means nothing about HCG qunatity. It's a yes/no test.

Have you already quarantined yourself in the basement?

There's mold in the basement. She should probably just do 40 weeks of hospital bedrest in an isolation room. That's the only way to be sure. 

• imagecaffinated_tulip:
    imagekdodge423:

There's mold in the basement. She should probably just do 40 weeks of hospital bedrest in an isolation room. That's the only way to be sure. 

::DEAD::

• OP - seriously some of shiit in your blog has me seriously disturbed.

ETA: 

maternal stress and anxiety has explicit consequences on a developing fetus?s brain. I mean, we are talking all kinds of disorders from dyslexia, ADD, psychophrenia, to homosexuality ( though I?d be perfectly happy if my child was gay, as long as it?s not something that I did to him/her).

WTF is this shiit? OMG you are a fvcking idiot. 

• imageLegalPawn:
    imagekdodge423:

Edit: This lovely exerpt from your blog? "Growing a baby is such an intricate process, so many things can go wrong under the influence of seemingly harmless external factors. When the baby is very small, those mistakes in development will result in a miscarriage or a chemical pregnancy*. "

You are worthless scum. Seriously. Chemical pregnancies have NOTHING to do with anything the mother does or does not do. To even insinuate that it is something that they did makes you a fvcking bltch.

I am glad I'm not the only one who was floored by some of the things she wrote in her blog.  Ick!

Yes  to kdodge. Not cool, TAOMAB, not cool.

• imagerocknrollfriend:
    imageLegalPawn:
    imagekdodge423:

Edit: This lovely exerpt from your blog? "Growing a baby is such an intricate process, so many things can go wrong under the influence of seemingly harmless external factors. When the baby is very small, those mistakes in development will result in a miscarriage or a chemical pregnancy*. "

You are worthless scum. Seriously. Chemical pregnancies have NOTHING to do with anything the mother does or does not do. To even insinuate that it is something that they did makes you a fvcking bltch.

I am glad I'm not the only one who was floored by some of the things she wrote in her blog.  Ick!

OMG you guys, I just realized... we might be exposing her to... negative feelings!!! Whatever will she do??

• imagerocknrollfriend:
    imagerocknrollfriend:
    imageLegalPawn:
    imagekdodge423:

OMG you guys, I just realized... we might be exposing her to... negative feelings!!! Whatever will she do??

We're probably turning her fetus gay. 

• imageCinnamonBun:

OP - seriously some of shiit in your blog has me seriously disturbed.

ETA: 

maternal stress and anxiety has explicit consequences on a developing fetus?s brain. I mean, we are talking all kinds of disorders from dyslexia, ADD, psychophrenia, to homosexuality ( though I?d be perfectly happy if my child was gay, as long as it?s not something that I did to him/her).

WTF is this shiit? OMG you are a fvcking idiot. 

Indifferent 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageTAOMAB:
    imageLilystar82:
    imageTAOMAB:

Yeah that's what I'm kind of finding out. That's good, I guess. Twin pregnancies are high risk and while I'd love twins, if it's not it's better.

Ummm, WRONG AGAIN. Not all twin pregnancies are high risk. Do some research next time before you start babbling mindlessly. Please & thank you.

TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
  • imagecaffinated_tulip:
    imagerocknrollfriend:
    imagerocknrollfriend:
    imageLegalPawn:
    imagekdodge423:

We're probably turning her fetus gay. 

:::dead:::

• I'm still waiting to see this chart that shows that you can get a BFP at 6DPO. The egg doesn't implant until 7-10 DPO.
    Mrs. 5/03*DD 2/07*DS1 5/09*DS2 7/12
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagesourapplemartini:
    I'm still waiting to see this chart that shows that you can get a BFP at 6DPO. The egg doesn't implant until 7-10 DPO.

Me too. Do share, OP.

TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
  • That blog is some crazy, looney, shiz.  Poor kid. 

Also, I did some gardening today..now my baby is gay. I wish I'd have found her blog sooner.

Big A 06-07-08 Little A 11-11-11
  • imageJMack1117:

That blog is some crazy, looney, shiz.  Poor kid. 

Also, I did some gardening today..now my baby is gay. I wish I'd have found her blog sooner.

You just killed me...I'm dead...this is my ghost.

• :::headdesk:::

:::headdesk:::

:::headdesk:::

HOW ARE IDIOTS CONTINUING TO PROCREATE, get pg on the first shot, and continue to populate the world with their spawn, while some of the most intelligent, SANE people I know on the IF and TTTC boards cannot.  WHY?

July 20th, 2012: Never forget the day the fb douchebags tried so hard, but ultimately failed. Viva la October 2011! Yeah, I called you douchebags.

BFP 1/18/11, EDD 10/1/11. Born at 37w5d on 9/15/11. AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

***BFP Chart***

"There will come a time when you believe everything is finished. That will be the beginning.

• imageLovingBaz:
    imageJMack1117:

My apologies!  On the bright side, my flowers are sure pretty!

Big A 06-07-08 Little A 11-11-11
  • iteachkiteachk member

I'm sorry, but you are a moron.  I approach pregnancy like a normal person, and my kid is both exceptionally smart and exceptionally healthy.  So ha ha ha ha ha. 

No

• Ok, guys! Just to set the record straight and stop getting you upset, so that YOUR baby wouldn't be gay :) lol

I am in NO WAY suggesting that miscarriages or chemical pregnancies are a mother's fault ( except for those who exposed themselves to substances known to cause miscarriages and birth defects). I am simply stating that for my peace of mind I would like to avoid any kinds of situations that mind in any way influence the development of my baby. I realize there is a 25% chance of miscarriage and there's nothing that can done about that- mistakes in DNA just happen- it's no one's fault. So please, please, please, take this as a "this is how I chose to approach it", rather than feeling that you might not be doing enough. This is simply our choice, everyone does what works for them.

Also, for those who don't know, gardening= toxoplasmosis if not wearing gloves.
    Maternal stress is linked to learning disorders, as well as sexual orientation.

You know, I would think that this, being a community of pregnant women and mothers, would show some respect to other mothers and women by using polite language and giving people the benefit of a doubt. IF this is how you're behaving towards other women, then I don't know what kind mothers you are.

I've had a few women simply tell me that they disagree with me, at which point I'd correct them explaining that they misunderstood what i was trying to say. That's how normal people behave.

Since when do we ridicule other people's healthy choices? ...oh wait, since always, because that makes us feel inadequate.

And for that "nice" person who inquired whether this causes me negative feelings- no it doesn't- all it does is bring traffic to my blog, so thank you.

Oh and one final thing: my chart- I don't have one online, however without being snide or nasty to you, it was very clear based on it when i ovulated and when the implantation happened. It is the fertilized egg that produce Hcg from what i read, so it's very possible to test at 6DPO and get a positive, I'd read some posts with women finding out at 5DPO.
  • imageJMack1117:
    imageLovingBaz:
    imageJMack1117:

It's cool, H resuscitated me. 

Wow, well Molls is always in the "advanced" category for milestones and I pretty much broke every pregnancy "rule" in the book...other then the whole drinking, smoking and heroin use part..those I avoided. I also had a lot of stress and fainting issues.   Maybe it's a trick, that or Molly is just an advanced lesbian.

I wonder if OP plans on skipping all testing, u/s and blood work...I mean they can be stressful and she may have to ::gasp:: leave the house.

• Maternal stress does not cause homosexuality. Homosexuality is not a mental illness you ignorant bimbo.
  • imagecaffinated_tulip:
    Maternal stress does not cause homosexuality. Homosexuality is not a mental illness you ignorant bimbo.

For reals. If stress in pregnancy caused homosexuality pretty much everyone would be gay.

• imageTAOMAB:

Oh and one final thing: my chart- I don't have one online, however without being snide or nasty to you, it was very clear based on it when i ovulated and when the implantation happened. It is the fertilized egg that produce Hcg from what i read, so it's very possible to test at 6DPO and get a positive, I'd read some posts with women finding out at 5DPO.

Yes, the egg produces HCG but it doesn't get released into your system for 3 days. So, by your logic, your egg implanted at 3DPO, which is NOT POSSIBLE. Not to mention that your temps won't show when the egg fertilized and implanted.

This is just one instance of your complete misinformation. 

• imagecaffinated_tulip:
    Maternal stress does not cause homosexuality. Homosexuality is not a mental illness you ignorant bimbo.

Of course it's not an illness. And it being caused by maternal anxiety doesn't make it an illness.
    Gender and sex develop separately in a fetus, if at a very specific time during brain development, there's too much cortisol that makes it through the placenta, that can cause gender not to "link up" with the sex.
    Oh, jeez, why am I even trying to educate you? Go read up on it yourself, {insert whatever name you'd like me to call you, since I won't stoop to that")
  • I read your first blog post, and it cracked me up. No chance you're being ironic, I guess? I love the bit about how you're going to avoid "other people" as a potential danger, so really all you have to do is stop hanging out with your friends and "having fun." Pure awesome. And, not gonna lie -- it was no shock to me that most of your friends live out of state. Perhaps in a state of your consciousness?

• imagesourapplemartini:

imageTAOMAB:

Yes, the egg produces HCG but it doesn't get released into your system for 3 days. So, by your logic, your egg implanted at 3DPO, which is NOT POSSIBLE. Not to mention that your temps won't show when the egg fertilized and implanted.

That is not true. There can be a dip at ovulation and then high temps ( always had it, charted for 4 months) and also can be cramping and a dip at implantation ( had a massive dip). It's true that fertilization cannot be seen, but the implantation can in half the women.
  • imageLovingBaz:
    imageJMack1117:
    imageLovingBaz:
    imageJMack1117:

It's cool, H resuscitated me. 

Wow, well Molls is always in the "advanced" category for milestones and I pretty much broke every pregnancy "rule" in the book...other then the whole drinking, smoking and heroin use part..those I avoided. I also had a lot of stress and fainting issues.   Maybe it's a trick, that or Molly is just an advanced lesbian.

I wonder if OP plans on skipping all testing, u/s and blood work...I mean they can be stressful and she may have to ::gasp:: leave the house.

Plus, she'll have to interact with OTHER PEOPLE (the horror!). I suppose an unassisted homebirth is in her future!

• imageTAOMAB:
    imagecaffinated_tulip:

Of course it's not an illness. And it being caused by maternal anxiety doesn't make it an illness.
    Gender and sex develop separately in a fetus, if at a very specific time during brain development, there's too much cortisol that makes it through the placenta, that can cause gender not to "link up" with the sex.
    Oh, jeez, why am I even trying to educate you? Go read up on it yourself, {insert whatever name you'd like me to call you, since I won't stoop to that")

Good try, but wrong. 

Gender is socially constructed, not biological. The rules for "gender" differ from culture to culture, with no respect to biology.

Maternal anxiety does not cause homosexuality. If it did I'm pretty sure that there would be more homosexuals than straight people in society and we'd be experiencing a population decline rather than an increase. 

You should check your sources, just because it's on the internet doesn't make it real sweet heart. 

And you can call me what ever you like.

• imageTAOMAB:
    imagesourapplemartini:

imageTAOMAB:

That is not true. There can be a dip at ovulation and then high temps ( always had it, charted for 4 months) and also can be cramping and a dip at implantation ( had a massive dip). It's true that fertilization cannot be seen, but the implantation can in half the women.

Oy vey.

I've charted longer than you've been "preparing" to be pregnant. I know how it works.

I ALSO know that the likelihood of a dip indicating implantation is very small. Just ask the ladies over on TTGP how many have had an "implantation dip" that turned out to be a normal fluctuation.

Again, IT'S NOT POSSIBLE TO IMPLANT AT 3DPO.

But, why am I trying to educate you? Enjoy the next 10 months you're going to spend in your bubble. What are you going to do once the baby is HERE? Stay inside until they go to school?

• Here, from Americanpregnancy.org:

Implantation bleeding can be one of the earliest pregnancy symptoms. About 6-12 days after conception, the embryo implants itself into the uterine wall. Some women will experience spotting as well as some cramping.

Other Explanations: Actual menstruation, altered menstruation, changes in birth control pill, infection, or abrasion from intercourse.Link

• imagecaffinated_tulip:

Good try, but wrong. 

Gender is socially constructed, not biological. The rules for "gender" differ from culture to culture, with no respect to biology.

Maternal anxiety does not cause homosexuality. If it did I'm pretty sure that there would be more homosexuals than straight people in society and we'd be experiencing a population decline rather than an increase. 

You should check your sources, just because it's on the internet doesn't make it real sweet heart. 

And you can call me what ever you like.

Look, I am only going off of what I've read over the years, and NOT on the internet, thank you very much.

Gender is socially constructed? Are you crazy? Maybe you misunderstanding the terms.  Sex is the genitalia, gender is the mental understanding of its own sex. I am not talking about gender RULES. I am talking about how our BRAIN perceives gender. Boys aren't boys because society expects them to be boys. They are wired differently, they behave differently, their brain is VERY different from girls. That's what gender is.
    So when you take an external stressor, be it stress hormones, or environmental toxins, and apply it AT THE RIGHT MOMENT and CONTINIOUSLY ( that's why we're all not gay- obviously pregnancy is stressful), you might get a disassociation happening.
    Is what I am saying really so hard to believe? Does it make sense at all that it could happen? So if it could, doesn't it make sense to reduce those stressors to a minimum during pregnancy as long as there's a way to do it?

The study that I am referring to, exposed pregnant rats to stressors, measured the amount of cortisol released, and then found out that 60% ( i think that was the number) of those rats' pups exhibited homosecual behavior. And I know you're going to go crazy over the rats are not people thing, but we all work the same, hormones work the same, we develop the same way, and one can only study animals not humans, so that's all we have to go off of. And I'd rather be careful than not.

And I don't call people names, it doesn't make me feel better putting other people down, so I'll pass.

P.S. Doesn't it feel better to discuss things normally without ridicule?
  • imagesourapplemartini:
    imageTAOMAB:
    imagesourapplemartini:

imageTAOMAB:

Oy vey.

I've charted longer than you've been "preparing" to be pregnant. I know how it works.

I ALSO know that the likelihood of a dip indicating implantation is very small. Just ask the ladies over on TTGP how many have had an "implantation dip" that turned out to be a normal fluctuation.

Again, IT'S NOT POSSIBLE TO IMPLANT AT 3DPO.

But, why am I trying to educate you? Enjoy the next 10 months you're going to spend in your bubble. What are you going to do once the baby is HERE? Stay inside until they go to school?

I agree that the implantation dip doesn't always happen. And you are right: I'm new at TTCing, so I might be missing something in terms of implantation ( i did have cramps too that very morning for the first time). However, I know for a fact WHEN it ovulated ( it's like clockwork for me. this was the first time it was delayed by one day) and I also know that I tested on 6DPO. So I'm not sure what that means or when it implanted. But I got a positive at 6DPO, that's for sure. Before that, the rest of the chart is ALL below my cover line.
  • imageTAOMAB:

Gender is socially constructed? Are you crazy? Maybe you misunderstanding the terms.  Sex is the genitalia, gender is the mental understanding of its own sex. I am not talking about gender RULES.

hey crazy pants, you're NOT RIGHT

do you think the World Health Organization is wrong?

"Sex" refers to the biological and physiological characteristics that define men and women.

"Gender" refers to the socially constructed roles, behaviours, activities, and attributes that a given society considers appropriate for men and women.

source - https://www.who.int/gender/whatisgender/en/

AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• imagekdodge423:

No leaving the house for 9 months.

So you are having zero prenatal care then? Fantastic. Let us know how that works out.

Not to mention the fact that having zero human contact for 9 months is going to turn you into an even bigger loon than you already are.

Of course, I am having prenatal care. I am simply talking about any extras, like going boating, going out with friends, going to dinners, being around large groups of people etc.
    What's a big deal? It's only 9 month. I'll still be talking to my friends over the phone, and probably after the first 2 trimesters meet up with them once in a while, since the biggest danger will have passed.
  • imagesourapplemartini:

Here, from Americanpregnancy.org:

Implantation bleeding can be one of the earliest pregnancy symptoms. About 6-12 days after conception, the embryo implants itself into the uterine wall. Some women will experience spotting as well as some cramping.

Other Explanations: Actual menstruation, altered menstruation, changes in birth control pill, infection, or abrasion from intercourse.Link

Quoting one internet source doesn't prove anything. I've read a million books and they all have different information. I guess I'll know when I go for my first u/s
  • imageMrsT2008:

imageTAOMAB:

Gender is socially constructed? Are you crazy? Maybe you misunderstanding the terms.  Sex is the genitalia, gender is the mental understanding of its own sex. I am not talking about gender RULES.

hey crazy pants, you're NOT RIGHT

do you think the World Health Organization is wrong?

"Sex" refers to the biological and physiological characteristics that define men and women.

"Gender" refers to the socially constructed roles, behaviours, activities, and attributes that a given society considers appropriate for men and women.

source - https://www.who.int/gender/whatisgender/en/

Ok, then what do you call how your perceive yourself? How your brain is wired? Fine, if you want to call it sex too, it's ok. But the point is the brain get wired a certain way for a boy and a different way for a girl. And that's the process I am talking about.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"