November 2011 Moms

I cried in Target today

So I was at Target and saw they had the Father's Day cards out.  I decided to pick one out for my dad.  Then I saw the Grandpa cards.  Both of my grandpas have passed away, and I still miss them.  So of course I thought about that and started crying... in the card aisle... of Target... at 6:00 when it was totally full.  I am an idiot!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: I cried in Target today

• Aww hugs to you. I was very close to my grandpa and this baby will be the first great grandchild to not know him. It get's me every time I think of it. No matter where I am.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I'm sorry about your grandpas.

I started crying in Kohl's the other day, and I was just reading Llama Llama Red Pajama!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • HarperKHarperK member

Ohh, trust me, you're not the only one! I was at Target on my lunch break last week and started getting weepy when I saw Mother's Day cards that were "from the dog." My dog died of cancer the same day I had my first ultrasound, and I just know that DH would have gotten me one of those "from the dog" cards had our little pal still been alive...

It's been a couple years since I lost my grandparents, but I sometimes still get sniffly when I see grandparents cards too. I wish they could meet my little one!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • awe, what's better than a grandpa?? well on the bright side YOUR daddy's now a grandpa, so maybe pick a grandpa card up for him ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Aw, my grandpa died a few weeks ago and it was very rough. I had a hard time because my  grandparents practically raised me at times because their son, my dad passed away when I was young and my mom worked crazy hours. Good memories I just think of those. As far as crying in target I think were all there lol. I went shopping with my mother in law and to the daycare to pick up a cousin and I started crying when I saw all the kids and told my MIL I wont be able to stand it when my baby is this old lol... im such an idiot she probably thinks im crazy.
  • I'm sorry. It's our hormones making us a little bit more emotional though. I cried in Babies R Us when the cashier asked how I was doing. Ugh.
  • Awww I'm so sorry. I often think about both sets of my Granparents that passed and my Uncle (my Godfather). I find myself thinking about them more now that I'm pregnant because I know how happy they'd be for me. Hugs to you hun.
    December '14 May Siggy Challenge
    Favorite TV/Movie Mom - Tara Knowles from Sons of Anarchy
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"