Pregnant after a Loss

Remembering Vitamins

How do you remember to take your prenatal vitamins?  I began taking it with my breakfast, but my nausea was so terrible that I was afraid I would just throw it back up.  I'll remember the vitamins while I'm teaching or something else where I can't swallow a horse pill.  Tell me all of the tricks!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
"'My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,' says the Lord. 'And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.'" Isaiah 55:8-9
BFP #1 7/4/2010--Natural M/C 8/4/2010
BFP #2 4/25/2011 Please stick, baby!! EDD 1/1/2012
Forever Buddy to carrieandtim BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Remembering Vitamins

• I keep mine in the bathroom, so when I go brush my teeth before bed I see them and remember to take them.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I take mine before bed, so I keep them right on my nightstand. When I set my alarm, I pop one.
    Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I take mine every night immediately before bed.  It's become a routine for me.  I have done this with vitamins for years and it's the only way I can consistently remember to take them and don't puke them up.
    BFP#1 4/17/10...EDD 1/6/11...M/C 5/28/10 BFP#2 11/19/10...EDD 8/4/11 Squeaker born 7/30.
  • I also take mine before bed, so it is part of my before bed routine. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageheistheloveofmylife:
    I keep mine in the bathroom, so when I go brush my teeth before bed I see them and remember to take them.

This.  I leave them on the counter next to the toothpaste. 

• I have one of those M-F pill boxes that I leave in the kitchen and take my vitamins with dinner
    6/14/10 BFP; 6/30/10 Dx ectopic
    11/16/10 BFP #2; DD born 7/26/11
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Ditto with all the ladies who take them before bed when they brush their teeth. ( I also keep a small container of them in my purse just in case I remember the next day at work that I forgot to take it the previous day, so I can swallow it ASAP).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagekathymarie:
    I take mine before bed, so I keep them right on my nightstand. When I set my alarm, I pop one.

ditto this!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • imagekathymarie:
    I take mine before bed, so I keep them right on my nightstand. When I set my alarm, I pop one.

This. I kept forgetting to take them in the morning because my routine gets so rushed (I love my snooze button) But I bring a bottle of water upstairs with me every night and the PNVs are right next to the bed.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I keep mine next to my bedstand. I get nauseated when I take it in the morning. Sad
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
    BFP #1 - 04/09/10 -- m/c - 07/02/10 @ 20weeks and 3 days. D&C 07/02/2010 - EDD 11/16/10
    BFP #2 12/17/10 please stick turtle. EDD 8/29/11 - Emergency C-Section 7-2-11. Andrew's journey
    Congratulations to my TTCAL buddy Carolee on her BFP! Stick, baby!
    Congratulations to elbandas09, cherylanddoug, tctibbe(MsPegees) and alliejoe for their take home babies!
  • I take mine in the morning. I have an alarm set on my phone that goes off every day to remind me because I would forget otherwise.
  • Honestly, I bought a pill container lol

Yes, I am geriatric haha

But hey, it works!

* PAL/PgAL Bumpie & NBC-Twi Nestie * imageBloggity Blog BFP #1 in 2001 ? natural m/c @ 9w4d ? TTC our first since 2009 ? BFP #2 on 8/25/2010 ? natural M/C @ 7w6d on 9/25/2010 Clomid cycle #1 @ 50mg = BFP #3 on 1/1/11 ~ EDD 9/14/2011!!! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagebryanandkatrina:

Honestly, I bought a pill container lol

Yes, I am geriatric haha

But hey, it works!

I've had one for about 3 years now!  lol

But I agree, it works.

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers image image image
  • They are in the kitchen next to the B-6, which I always remember because I'm so nauseous :)
  • imageheistheloveofmylife:
    I keep mine in the bathroom, so when I go brush my teeth before bed I see them and remember to take them.

This exactly.

9.20.10 Natural M/C
  • imagekathymarie:

This for me too. 

m/c 7/17/10
    Dx: MFI- 3% morph
    IUIs: Gonal-F + Ovidrel + b2b IUI= BFNs
    IVF with ICSI= BFP! EDD 11/25/11
    3/18- Beta #1 452! 3/20- Beta #2 1,026!! 3/27- First u/s- TWINS!
    Our twin boys arrived at 36w5d due to IUGR and a growth discordance

FET: Medicated FET moved up to 5/23 due to ovulation
    Transferred a 6BB hatched blastocyst- genetically normal female embryo
    BFP! 5/28- 5dp6dt      
    6/1 Beta #1- 223! 6/3 Beta #2- 567!

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
  • I have a M-F pill box that lives on the breakfast bar in our kitchen.  I take mine in the morning along with my Nexium (for GERD), and baby aspirin.  Then in the evening I take my Metformin.  I have found that have the PNV with my Nexium works for me because I never forget the Nexium.  If I do, I am very unhappy for hours. 

I think the trick is just to find a way to make it easy on yourself, and then set some sort of reminder until it becomes habit.  Maybe try setting an alarm on your cell phone?  GL!

TTC #1 since 8/09
    BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
    BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
    BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    ~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
    ~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"