January 2011 Moms

wow the board is dead

i had no idea it was this dead since we all moved over to the FB group!

Re: wow the board is dead

• Yup :(  Sucks for those of us with no FB.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wha wha WhA? There's a FB group? I guess it's because I was a Feb 2011 mom, but DS was born early so by the time I made it here, it was already dead. What's the link to the FB group?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I just started bumping after the baby was born so I am now hanging out on the 3-6 board because it is so much more active than this one.  Is the FB group still open?  Would love to be a part if it is.....
  • No sorry it's not still open!! We are a private and closed off group!!
  • we are keeping it to just the girls we were pregnant with. we talk about our vaginas. we dont want strangers to know intimate details about our gentlemen greeters.

but it looks like the majority of the jan mommas are on fb anyway.

• imagekrista613:

we are keeping it to just the girls we were pregnant with. we talk about our vaginas. we dont want strangers to know intimate details about our gentlemen greeters.

OK - thanks for letting me know.  I am on FB and I am a Jan mom, but I can understand if you are already and established group and don't want to open it up. I will hang out on the 3-6 month board - it is pretty active.

• imagekrista613:

we are keeping it to just the girls we were pregnant with. we talk about our vaginas. we dont want strangers to know intimate details about our gentlemen greeters.

bummer! ds was supposed to be a Jan baby! Waaah!! I want to talk about vaginas

Jackson W. Holler born 12/9/10 at 7:52 a.m. He is my little miracle baby!! pPROM'ed at 23w1d and delivered at 34w Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • How do I find the FB group?
  • So, you're just here to gloat that the FB group is awesome and the board sucks and we're totes not allowed to join?  awesome.  thanks.

I am very curious how things played out for some of our moms... the diabetic homesteader mom from VT, for one, and whether njbrit had a boy or girl (and what they ended up naming it!) and lots of others.  But that doesn't really fit in with the na na na na boo boo of it all, unfortunately for my un-sated curiosity. lol.

• imageheathernacole:
    No sorry it's not still open!! We are a private and closed off group!!
    Wow...

I'm at a loss as to how to respond to this. And I was with those gals since this time last year.

I personally don't have FB.  

• imageheathernacole:
    No sorry it's not still open!! We are a private and closed off group!!

Are you serious right now?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I obviously can't speak for anyone else, but I don't think anyone was trying to gloat.

The thing about the facebook group is that we recently had a huge problem with lurkers. There were 50 or so women who joined the group but never posted, and those of us who have gotten close didn't want anyone who didn't want to share their lives with us to be able to read all of the personal things we were posting.

That's why the group is closed. So that we can maintain the 'tone' of the group. We aren't keeping people out to be 'exclusive' and we certainly don't think we are better than anyone who just posts on TB.

I'm sorry there are some of you who never joined, but in our defense, there were many, many posts about joining the group, and anyone who didn't join either wasn't active enough over here to have seen the posts or chose not to join for their own reasons.   

imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Pregnancy Ticker 

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageBrittRMere:
    The thing about the facebook group is that we recently had a huge problem with lurkers. There were 50 or so women who joined the group but never posted, and those of us who have gotten close didn't want anyone who didn't want to share their lives with us to be able to read all of the personal things we were posting.
    Yeah, this is why I personally didn't join.  My name IRL is pretty unique, and the Bump in general plays host to a lot of crazies... there've been people in the past who have called places of work and sh*t to tell employers that posters were wasting time on The Bump all day.  Seriously.  I had no idea how 'exclusive' membership in the FB group was, so I opted for security and didn't join.  Which is my choice, obviously, and not what I take issue with, even though I 'wish', puppies and rainbows styles, that some people would come over here and give updates.

The thing I'm not a fan of is that, every couple of weeks somebody comes over and comments in the same breath about how totally dead the board is and also how awesome FB is but no, nobody else can join.  Even if it isn't said with the intent to be obnoxious, it most certainly comes off that way, especially when that's the entire content of the post.

Though, I'll totally take a dead board over three pages of posts about motherf*ckin flu shots. lol.

• Yeah, I stopped reading here when it became clear that I had to join the FB group (not an option for me, sorry) to keep up with everyone. I said it was lame then, and I think it's even more lame now. Not everyone wants to be on a first-name basis with randoms from the Bump. Plus I have my own mom friends on my FB friends list.

I'm mostly on 3-6 now & the Cloth Diapering board these days.

Pregnancy Ticker

• imagebroccolitree:

imageBrittRMere:
    The thing I'm not a fan of is that, every couple of weeks somebody comes over and comments in the same breath about how totally dead the board is and also how awesome FB is but no, nobody else can join.  Even if it isn't said with the intent to be obnoxious, it most certainly comes off that way, especially when that's the entire content of the post.

I totally get that. I'm sorry that it is happening. =(

I'll try and pop over here more often. Not that I'm personally going to liven up the board, but I think it would be nice for some of us to still interact and catch up here.

Pregnancy Ticker 

• imageBrittRMere:
    imagebroccolitree:

imageBrittRMere:

I totally get that. I'm sorry that it is happening. =(

I'll try and pop over here more often. Not that I'm personally going to liven up the board, but I think it would be nice for some of us to still interact and catch up here.

I still lurk at work, but can start posting again to help too!  I can't get FB at work and I KNOW that's a good thing.

• I didn't join the FB because I am already on facebook too much.  I also kind of thought that group would be a flash in the pan and people would be back.  Guess not, and I wish y'all the best, but I do think it's kind of a shame you did a bump mass exodus.  And to gloat about the group being private...lame.  As others mentioned, some people can't/don't facebook.  Anyway, hope everyone's babies are doing great. 

• I didn't even get FB until recently... it just wasn't a big deal to me. And to the PP who came off so rudely... yeah, stay on FB, please.

The board IS dead, and I really wish it wasn't. I really liked a good amount of the mommas and it sucks to lose that. I primarily visit 3-6, and lurk on the names and nursery gear boards. Meh. It'd be nice to have some mommas come back... at least for HDBD so we can see all of the babes getting bigger. ;)

• I heard about what's going on here.  I had to come and see for myself.  Wow.  Some of you people are really self-centered biitches. 

I guess I was right to decide VERY early on that I didn't want to play on the month boards.  Even my ute must have known something was up.  I managed to push my kid out in December.  

Well, to the people that are "not wanted" by the January Facebook gestapo... hang out on 3-6.  It's not so "closed off". 

Basically, if you're not willing to give these chicks your real life name/info then you can't play with them.  Screw that.  That's a complete power trip. Don't let them bother you.

Even my site isn't that stuck up.  

• imageEmjayTheHunted:

I heard about what's going on here.  I had to come and see for myself.  Wow.  Some of you people are really self-centered biitches. 

I guess I was right to decide VERY early on that I didn't want to play on the month boards.  Even my ute must have known something was up.  I managed to push my kid out in December.  

Well, to the people that are "not wanted" by the January Facebook gestapo... hang out on 3-6.  It's not so "closed off". 

Basically, if you're not willing to give these chicks your real life name/info then you can't play with them.  Screw that.  That's a complete power trip. Don't let them bother you.

It has nothing to do with being stuck up. We created the group because many of us had gotten very close and we wanted to stay in touch after the babies were born, share pics, etc. Anyone on the board was allowed to join. We have since closed it, because things have gotten pretty personal and we don't want to share everything with people we don't know. And what would you know about us? You never participated in this board at all. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageEmjayTheHunted:

I heard about what's going on here.  I had to come and see for myself.  Wow.  Some of you people are really self-centered biitches. 

Oh, well hi there, Emjay.

It's so awesome of you to come to the January 2011 board to biitch about us and pimp your site. 

I'm giggling about the 'gestapo' comment. Aren't you cute and clever.

I think I can speak for all of the Jan 2011 momma (at the least ones in the FB group) when I say that we are just so, so heartbroken that you thought we were too lame to hang out with you.

Really, we cry ourselves to sleep about it every night. 

Pregnancy Ticker 

• imageBrittRMere:
    imageEmjayTheHunted:

It's so awesome of you to come to the January 2011 board to biitch about us and pimp your site. 

I think I can speak for all of the Jan 2011 momma (at the least ones in the FB group) when I say that we are just so, so heartbroken that you thought we were too lame to hang out with you.

I love you . 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageelizjane26:
    imageBrittRMere:
    imageEmjayTheHunted:

I love you . 

ditto elizjane26. lol 

• imagebranlynn:
    imageelizjane26:
    imageBrittRMere:
    imageEmjayTheHunted:

I love you . 

ditto elizjane26. lol 

Aw, shucks, ladies. You're making me blush.

*big LAME group hug!* 

Pregnancy Ticker 

• imageBrittRMere:
    imageEmjayTheHunted:

I cry myself to sleep about it. Why don't random internet biatches like me?! 

• imageBrittRMere:

*big LAME group hug!* 

Don't go giving BrittRMere too much credit.  She had a login on my site and I had to delete her because she thought she would be clever and make a login with a different name, and no one would know.

I don't give one fat rat's ass about being in January 2011's board, or their Facebook.  That's right Britt.  You were too lame for me to hang out with on here, but even after you snuck onto my website, I had to kick you off of there.

Also, I didn't pimp out my site.  That would insinuate I was trying to appeal to you guys.  HELL NEVER!  Haha... seriously. 

imageelizjane26:

It has nothing to do with being stuck up. We created the group because many of us had gotten very close and we wanted to stay in touch after the babies were born, share pics, etc. Anyone on the board was allowed to join. We have since closed it, because things have gotten pretty personal and we don't want to share everything with people we don't know. And what would you know about us? You never participated in this board at all. 

I never participated because it was so boring and lame, I didn't bother. I think your elitist attitude about your little FB site is amusing though. 

Enjoy it.  I can't imagine how dull it must be.  By the way... are you guys all talking about me now??  lol.  I bet you are.  

• You guys were right - emjay's kid is cute.  So it's true that two negatives make a positive.... 

imagebranlynn:
    imageBrittRMere:
    imageEmjayTheHunted:

• imageMakingBabyWasFun:

You guys were right - emjay's kid is cute.  So it's true that two negatives make a positive.... 

Flawed math aside, thanks.  I think she's cute too. 

So, who was talking about my kid?   Am I now the topic of discussion on your FB group thing?  :-P 

• imageEmjayTheHunted:
    imageBrittRMere:

*big LAME group hug!* 

Don't go giving BrittRMere too much credit.  She had a login on my site and I had to delete her because she thought she would be clever and make a login with a different name, and no one would know.

I don't give one fat rat's ass about being in January 2011's board, or their Facebook.  That's right Britt.  You were too lame for me to hang out with on here, but even after you snuck onto my website, I had to kick you off of there.

Also, I didn't pimp out my site.  That would insinuate I was trying to appeal to you guys.  HELL NEVER!  Haha... seriously. 

imageelizjane26:

I never participated because it was so boring and lame, I didn't bother. I think your elitist attitude about your little FB site is amusing though. 

Enjoy it.  I can't imagine how dull it must be.  By the way... are you guys all talking about me now??  lol.  I bet you are.  

You really need some new material Emjay. I lurked on BGP for a bit, for shame!

If you think it embarrasses me or makes me feel stupid every time you bring that up you're about 15 shades of wrong.

Pregnancy Ticker 

• imageBrittRMere:

If you think it embarrasses me or makes me feel stupid every time you bring that up you're about 15 shades of wrong.

I would work on new material if I gave a damn.   I just think you're a hypocrite and I think that should be handled in full disclosure. 

Truth remains.  This was, and is now even more so, a super sad month board.   I wish I had known Avery would be early.  I would have never even peeked over here.  Bleh. 

• imageEmjayTheHunted:
    imageMakingBabyWasFun:

You guys were right - emjay's kid is cute.  So it's true that two negatives make a positive.... 

So, who was talking about my kid?   Am I now the topic of discussion on your FB group thing?  :-P 

Umm where is the flawed math?  Anyway it was ME I said that I thought your kid was actually cute... It's unfortunate that her mom has nothing better to do than worry about everyone but herself!  Even before our FB went exclusive, it would have never been open to you... however, I still think some of the "lurkers" were probably aliases you made up so you could be part of the cool kids club... darn your luck.

•  

Ok...so I think that the original poster came off badly. I seriously doubt that the fb group would be opposed to any Jan mommas from here that wanted to join, so long as they actually wanted to participate! The issue really was people lurking because we have chosen to do things like elfster exchanges and there really is a lot of personal info on there. So ya, if you don't want personal *** being shared, don't join! lol

I do agree completely with the others, I remember it was announced like crazy for months beforehand. We wanted to stay in touch. We did have a very active board with good dynamics and since many of us weren't posting much on the tri boards because ...well, as so nicely displayed above, people with comments like Emjay's (as usual) "let's jump straight to being a complete snarky biotch", aren't the high school drama we were looking for. So for many of us, starting a board on fb made sense.  

I loved this January board! And I don't think emjay even has a right to comment, since she never participated on here, so to come here and flame at this point, is lind of lame. But as we all know, that's just what she does.

If any of you Jan mommas (or mommas who went early or late!), that went through all of the preg stuff with us on here, wanted to join, I'm sure you'd be welcome!

imagebranlynn:
    imageBrittRMere:
    imageEmjayTheHunted:

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageEmjayTheHunted:
    imageBrittRMere:

I would work on new material if I gave a damn.   I just think you're a hypocrite and I think that should be handled in full disclosure. 

Truth remains.  This was, and is now even more so, a super sad month board.   I wish I had known Avery would be early.  I would have never even peeked over here.  Bleh. 

**Sigh** I mean, are we arguing about this?  And really, everyone here knows what a great group the Jan 11 Mamas are, both boards.  And no one cares to hear your unwanted opinion (emjay).  It really gets more and more pathetic every time you say it. 

• Not quite.  I was just thinking back to that link to your facebook page that was posted ages ago showing you and the husband that I mistook for a heifer.  I suppose if I looked like a wild pig I'd presume myself hunted as well!

imageEmjayTheHunted:
    imageMakingBabyWasFun:

• imageEmjayTheHunted:
    imageBrittRMere:

I'm positive I've never denied that BGP stuff.

Also, it's hilarious that you're calling me a hypocrite.  

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Don't cry BranLynn, my dear.  If you ever need a friend like that, just pop yourself a squat and *** one out.

imagebranlynn:
    imageBrittRMere:
    imageEmjayTheHunted:

• imagewishingforpositive21:

Umm where is the flawed math?  Anyway it was ME I said that I thought your kid was actually cute... It's unfortunate that her mom has nothing better to do than worry about everyone but herself!  Even before our FB went exclusive, it would have never been open to you... however, I still think some of the "lurkers" were probably aliases you made up so you could be part of the cool kids club... darn your luck.

Well, I guess it depends on how negative the 2 negatives are.  I can assure you I've never lurked on anything you guys have.  Ever.  

imageMakingBabyWasFun:

Not quite.  I was just thinking back to that link to your facebook page that was posted ages ago showing you and the husband that I mistook for a heifer.  I suppose if I looked like a wild pig I'd presume myself hunted as well!

Hmm.  I wouldn't know who you mean.  

#1, I'm not married.  I prefer to live in sin with my sugar baby.  So, I'm not sure who you saw a pic of. 

#2.   I'd be happy to post a pic or two of said sugar baby. 

• imageEmjayTheHunted:

Am I now the topic of discussion on your FB group thing?  :-P 

No just the laughing stock :)

• imagewishingforpositive21:

imageEmjayTheHunted:

I think I might start wearing all black clothing and cutting myself.  

• imageEmjayTheHunted:
    imagewishingforpositive21:

imageEmjayTheHunted:

I think I might start wearing all black clothing and cutting myself.  

Don't excite us.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"