Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Recaro ProSport or Britax Frontier?

Does anyone have experience with the Recaro? I have a Frontier in my car for my older son. We've had it for about two years and like it ok. The seat part has gotten frayed some but otherwise it's been fine for us. I prefer the straps in the Marathon over the straps in the Frontier. So anyway, I'm ordering a second seat for my car and I'll move my Frontier into my husband's car. I'm thinking about going with the Recaro instead of another Frontier. Does anyone want to talk me into it? Pros? Cons? Thanks!

Re: Recaro ProSport or Britax Frontier?

• Options

My personal preference is the Recaro. I really love our ProSport and so do my kids. But they both have their place depending on your child. About average sized kids who are not off the charts in height will be great in a Recaro. However, the Frontier85 (different than your current Frontier) is probably a better option for kids who are REALLY tall for their age because it has slightly higher harness slots.

My DD is almost 6 years old, about 47" and is still only on the 2nd highest harness slot of the ProSport, so she's got lots of room to grow and could probably stay in the harness for another 2 years. She's slightly above average for height and way below average for weight. The ProSport also makes a fantastic booster. 

• Options
    What made you choose the Recaro over the Frontier? Do you find the Recaro is too heavily padded? My son is perfectly average so I'm thinking either will be fine. My husband wants him to go straight into a booster booster but I'm not moving him out of a five point for a while. I figure I'll move my anger son up to the two boosters probably around age three which would mean we'd move my olde son into a high back Clek at age six. Thanks for your review!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have the Recaro and have no issues with it, infact i like it! Hope this helps :o)
  • Options
    My friend who studies car accidents for a living puts both his kids in Recaro.
    Life is either a daring adventure or it is nothing at all. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I have a Recaro seat (for DD) and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.  Seriously.  I would buy it over Britax any day.  I have the Signo.  When I bough it, it was $160 on sale.  It's soft, padded, and holds up well over time. 
  • Options

imageJulieandBen:
    What made you choose the Recaro over the Frontier? Do you find the Recaro is too heavily padded? My son is perfectly average so I'm thinking either will be fine. My husband wants him to go straight into a booster booster but I'm not moving him out of a five point for a while. I figure I'll move my anger son up to the two boosters probably around age three which would mean we'd move my olde son into a high back Clek at age six. Thanks for your review!

sorry, didnt check back until now!

The Frontier85 can be tricky to install in some vehicles, and I just didnt love how it worked in my particular car. The Frontier85 was also not quite as good a fit for my kiddo both as a harnessed seat or as a booster. The side impact wings on the Recaro make for much easier sleeping and I just like the look of it more.  

I'm not sure how old your kids are but most kids arent TRULY ready for a booster until around age 5-6. Once you're into needing just a dedicated booster, the Recaro ProBooster is also awesome and cheaper than the Clek ;)

• Options
    Thanks guys. Emily, I don't think my son is ready for a booster either. I figure I will pass the five point harness booster to my anger son and move my older son to a Clek when the time comes. I'm in no hurry. Our Frontier is a beast to install compared to our Marathons. I checked both the Frontier 85 and the Recaro out at my baby boutique this morning. I'm going to take Jack back this afternoon to try them both out. Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"