Multiples
Options

on hospital bedrest with preeclampsia

I was admitted on Thursday (34 weeks) to the hospital to stay on bedrest with preeclampsia. Yesterday my scheduled c-section was moved up a week from 38w to 37w, 19 days away. Today the doctor said they will play it day by day pretty sure I will be here until I have the twins. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: on hospital bedrest with preeclampsia

• Options
    pea-kaypea-kay member
    Same thing happened to me at 32 weeks. I lasted 9 more days. 19 isn't so bad, you can do it!
    How to tell my boys apart

The different types of twins and triplets

Jack, Sydney and Carynne, Annaleigh, JW, Eden...forever in our hearts.
    My blog * We made the national news!
  • Options
    I will be sending t&p's your way. Hopefully you have good internet access and can be entertained by your friends at the bump.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Same here at 31 weeks - I lasted 14 days!  You can do it mama!  Looking back, it wasn't that bad, and dare I say they were pretty relaxing:

1) The bed was semi-comfortable, but the best part was that I didn't have to sit up, I could ride to an upright position.

2) Unlimited amount of pillows, and you can control the temp of the room.  I liked 58 degrees, but the nurses weren't so fond of it.

3) 3 meals, plus snacks, and an unlimited amt of water delivered, literally at the push of a button

4)  You don't have to get up to turn off the lights, or even roll.over awkwardly in bed and try to reach the lamp.

5) Walk in showers, with a stool - who knew that sitting while showering would be so great?!

6) Clean sheets everyday?!  They don't even do that in hotels anymore!

7) Not only are you allowed to sleep whenever and however long you want to - you're actually encouraged to do so!

I'm sorta starting to miss my bedrest days.  Enjoy!

P.S. Some hospitals have a service where they will come in and give moms a neck/shoulder/hand massage and a mini facial.  My hospital called it 'Go Home Gorgeous.' DH got this for me last mother's day when I was on bed rest.  It was heaven - investigate this possibility and start dropping hints STAT!

bfp 5/17/09 - missed m/c 6/17/09 @ 9w - stopped growing 6w 1d, D&C 6/19/09
    BFP #2 10/13/2009 on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary
    Discovered TWINS during the 6w u/s - what a shocker!
    Delivered on 5/19/2010 at 34 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP syndrome
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    The Bump MoM Recipe Collection
  • Options
    imageAlishaMay:

Same here at 31 weeks - I lasted 14 days!  You can do it mama!  Looking back, it wasn't that bad, and dare I say they were pretty relaxing:

1) The bed was semi-comfortable, but the best part was that I didn't have to sit up, I could ride to an upright position.

2) Unlimited amount of pillows, and you can control the temp of the room.  I liked 58 degrees, but the nurses weren't so fond of it.

3) 3 meals, plus snacks, and an unlimited amt of water delivered, literally at the push of a button

4)  You don't have to get up to turn off the lights, or even roll.over awkwardly in bed and try to reach the lamp.

5) Walk in showers, with a stool - who knew that sitting while showering would be so great?!

6) Clean sheets everyday?!  They don't even do that in hotels anymore!

7) Not only are you allowed to sleep whenever and however long you want to - you're actually encouraged to do so!

I'm sorta starting to miss my bedrest days.  Enjoy!

P.S. Some hospitals have a service where they will come in and give moms a neck/shoulder/hand massage and a mini facial.  My hospital called it 'Go Home Gorgeous.' DH got this for me last mother's day when I was on bed rest.  It was heaven - investigate this possibility and start dropping hints STAT!

I couldn't have said it better myself! I had Pre-E with my first pregnancy (not even multiples!) and was in the hospital for 4 weeks.  We even had a minifridge in my room so I had a bottle of wine brought in and offered it to my guests.  It was like a little party sometimes.   

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    thanks everyone... loved all the remarks. i do have a fridge (love the wine idea for guest) and the hospital use to offer mani & pedicures, i am checking to see if the still do. I have the room at 60 or 58. I had hubby bring me my own pjs. internet connection seems to be working well and they have a dvd player so i had hubby bring chick flick. GO TEAM HOGAN!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

imageHoganPartyOf5:
    thanks everyone... loved all the remarks. i do have a fridge (love the wine idea for guest) and the hospital use to offer mani & pedicures, i am checking to see if the still do. I have the room at 60 or 58. I had hubby bring me my own pjs. internet connection seems to be working well and they have a dvd player so i had hubby bring chick flick. GO TEAM HOGAN!!!

Is it terrible of me to say that I'm sorta jealous?!  Here's to making the best of the circumstances Drinks

bfp 5/17/09 - missed m/c 6/17/09 @ 9w - stopped growing 6w 1d, D&C 6/19/09
    BFP #2 10/13/2009 on our 2nd Wedding Anniversary
    Discovered TWINS during the 6w u/s - what a shocker!
    Delivered on 5/19/2010 at 34 weeks due to pre-e and HELLP syndrome
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    The Bump MoM Recipe Collection
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"