Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Anyone's Sex Drive Still Hiding?

Ugh! I am soooo tired of never having a sex drive. Anyone else in the same boat. Before DS and even during pregnancy I had a very normal drive, maybe even better than normal and now it's practically non existent! I pretty much have 1 MAYBE 2 days/cycle that I have any desire at all to pay attention to my husband...(this will come in handy when DH and I start trying for #2 as I'm pretty confident that these few days are when I'm ovulating). DH tries so hard too, massages, compliments, the whole works and nothing gets me excited anymore. I usually end up enjoying sex when I make myself do it, but getting to that point is practically torture. It's like I have to give myself a pep talk and then continually remind myself to be in the moment and not let my mind wander to everything else that I need to or that I'd rather be doing.

I feel like a wretched prude? Anyone overcome this that could pass along some advice? Or maybe just relate so I can at least say that I'm not the only one!!Embarrassed

Re: Anyone's Sex Drive Still Hiding?

• I don't have much of one now but I didn't before either.  Luckily I do get into it once we get going and I have to admit that it is even better than before!

BUT before I get into it, it is the last thing I want to do and I just want to sleep!!!

Meeting her hero...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageBubbs1217:

I don't have much of one now but I didn't before either.  Luckily I do get into it once we get going and I have to admit that it is even better than before!

BUT before I get into it, it is the last thing I want to do and I just want to sleep!!!

This. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • You're not the only one! My drive came back to almost normal affter DD1, but boy once I got pg with DD2, it really hit the highway. DH is getting really frustrated by my lack of sex drive and wants me to quit BFing in an attempt to regain interest.

• Yep... gone.

I'd rather sleep, shower, do dishes, do laundry, run errands, read a book.  

Like you, I like it when I get there, but to get there is torture. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oh yeah...mine left the building when we had DS.  I even have to pep myself up for the week I ovulating if we are TTC.  Poor DH, I feel so bad for him, but I have no idea how to fix the problem.
    Pg#1- Benjamin born 2/22/10
    Pg#2 BFP 11/2010... chemical pregnancy late 11/2010
    Pg#3 BFP 02/2011...missed m/c 3/2011
    Pg#4 Adalynne born 5/12/12
    Pg#5 BFP 12/2012....chemical pregnancy 1/2012
    Pg#6 BFP 11/14/12....chemical pregnancy 11/2012
    Pg#7 BFP 2/3/14... loss after a heartbeat and D&C 3/2014
    Pg#8 BFP 9/1/15...waiting to see!

• imageCheriLooWho:

Yep... gone.

This exactly.

• imagemeghanfrazier08:
    Oh yeah...mine left the building when we had DS.  I even have to pep myself up for the week I ovulating if we are TTC.  Poor DH, I feel so bad for him, but I have no idea how to fix the problem.

This.. :/ 

• imageCheriLooWho:

Yep... gone.

And, this  :/ 

• imageCheriLooWho:

Yep... gone.

Like you, I like it when I get there, but to get there is torture

This exactly! Especially the bold parts

• g8trkimg8trkim member
    Um, yeah it's pretty awful. I have no advice. I'm in the same boat you are.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"