2nd Trimester
Options

Anyone still randomly throwing up?

I can go weeks and weeks, a month even, and then all the sudden, BAM! Sick again! I was sick consistently with my DD until 20w and then it disappeared completely. With this pregnancy, I was sick until 14w or so, but have continued to have random vomiting here and there at 23w.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Anyone still randomly throwing up?

• Options
    I've only had this happen to me once so far. I was consistantly sick until about 14/15w and then it disappeared. But I had one night (a couple weeks ago) where I just felt really off and sure enough I ran to the bathroom and threw up for about 20 minutes. It was awful!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Totally - I find for me it comes back if I've had a really bad night of sleeping or stress.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That would be me.  I have less general nausea than in my first trimester but I can go from 0 to 10 on the throwing-up scale in under a minute. Embarrassed
  • Options
    I haven't really thrown up, but I haven't stopped gagging. My nose is still very sensitive to odors and they make me gag often.
    pregnancy calendar BabyName Ticker
  • Options

My MS started getting better from weeks 19-24, but has recently started getting worse again. I was told from a nurse at the hostpital where I plan to give birth that some women see a return of their first trimester symptoms in the third trimester. I hope that yours does not get worse. :{

Oh, and I don't know why my siggy says I am 29 wks, am only 25. I tried checking my EDD on my bio, but it is correct.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    i hadn't gotten sick at all until i was 20 weeks, then all of a sudden, every morning, i was. i switched prenatal vitamins, which seemed to help a little, but it continued, i now wake myself up in the middle of the night to take them so i can for sure go back to sleep, and that seems alright...
  • Options
    yup just happened to me the other day. had to pull over on the side of the road on the way to work & couldn't keep anything down after that the entire day. but the next day, completely fine. it's weird. can't explain it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I've only thrown up 3 times. Once because my toothbrush got too far in the back of my mouth. The second because my SILs dog food stunk up the kitchen. The third was two days ago becuase of the dog food and my couch still smells new and it kills me.
  • Options
  • Options
    I get sick (either gagging/dry heaving or throwing up) at night when I brush my teeth before bed. Just at night! In the morning I'm fine.  My husband stands there next to me and rubs my back while going on with his nightly routine. hahaha
  • Options
    I throw up, on average, once a week which is a far better average than in my previous pregnancies so I'm actually happy about it.  For me, I've never had a full-term pregnancy where I didn't throw up the entire 9 months.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• Options

I also have the issue with brushing my teeth at night.  I can brush all morning long with no issues, but at night I often gag and have thrown up twice now and both times were in second tri, no vomiting in first tri.  Last night I didn't feel well anyhow, looked at my tooth brush and decided I'd skip brushing rather than risk puking.  Instead woke up at 4am and brushed then with no issues.  Weird!  Makes me scared to go to the dentist and I am due for a cleaning!  Don't want to puke on her!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    I was pretty sick until 15 weeks and then randomly puked at 18 weeks.  Very weird.  I have been safe for the past few weeks, but felt nauseous this past week.  Hopefully, I am done with that!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Just threw up yesterday morning, after going about three weeks without "morning" sickness.  My beautiful date-raisin-pecan-crunch cereal went right down the drain!  It happened after trying to brush my tongue, (Part of my tooth-brushing routine).  I gagged once and that was all it took!  Don't know if my problem is quite the same as yours though... mine was triggered by my unusually-senstive gag reflex.
  • Options
    Me! Every time I think it's gone and I can say I am done with m/s then I get it all day. I get a lot of migraines too and that triggers throwing up as well.
  • Options

imageSugarQueen101:
    I haven't really thrown up, but I haven't stopped gagging. My nose is still very sensitive to odors and they make me gag often.

This!!!!!!!! I get nausea off and on still and I throw up when I brush my teeth or if I eat something my little guy doesnt like.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imagelikitten007:
    Totally - I find for me it comes back if I've had a really bad night of sleeping or stress.

This is what the case seems to be for me. From 5-10 weeks I couldn't brush my teeth or take a shower in the morning without throwing up, and it finally went away, but whenever I have a night where I don't get much sleep or I'm really stressed about something it comes back when I go to brush my teeth in the morning. It's always a surprise, and kind of irritating!

Waiting for #3!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageAutumnPaige22:
    Just threw up yesterday morning, after going about three weeks without "morning" sickness.  My beautiful date-raisin-pecan-crunch cereal went right down the drain!  It happened after trying to brush my tongue, (Part of my tooth-brushing routine).  I gagged once and that was all it took!  Don't know if my problem is quite the same as yours though... mine was triggered by my unusually-senstive gag reflex.

YES! This is usually what sets me off. if I gag for some reason - coughing, a smell, tooth brushing...I will vomit for sure. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker TTC since Dec '04 Severe MFI-diagnosed 12/06 3 failed Fresh IVFs FET #1 - BFP!! 2 blasts tx on day 6. Beta #1 8dp6dt = 56, Beta #2 = 600, Beta #3 = 5600 My Blog Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Me, every morning and at least every other night.  Sometimes I'll miss a few nights and then make it up with a horrible day.  Ugh!
  • Options
    I average about once a week.
  • Options
    atackatack member
    Just got sick yesterday morning.  25 weeks today!  Fun!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"