Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

Anyone just "listening to their body?"

When DH and I got pregnant the first time it was totally because I just had a super sex drive 3 days in a row and so we had sex all 3 days. I had been tracking how long my cycle was so afterwards I looked in my journal and realized we had just had sex on days 12, 13, and 14, but definitely wasn't trying to make sure that it happened. I'm really hoping that it will go that way again this time. I still get an extra sex drive about 1/2 way through my cycle and I'm just going to use that. I just can't see myself temping and taking O tests every month. That's just way too much work for me Wink We're just going to go with the flow over here. Anyone else?

Re: Anyone just "listening to their body?"

• Options
    Nope. Screw that...my body is too subtle. I want to KNOW when I ovulate, not just guess based on symptoms. Temping and charting is actually super easy...it hasn't been inconvenient at all. It's awesome being a little more in control. I want a baby bad enough that it doesn't feel like too much work...I'll do whatever I have to. And OPKs aren't that hard to deal with...I figure if I can POAS to find out if I'm KU, I can POAS to find out if I'm ovulating.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In all honesty, I did try that. My body is a liar. A dirty liar.
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Nope. No way. I want to feel in control of the TCC process as much as I can. And I know my body won't just do the same thing every month. Good luck with that tho!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicTTC #1 since April '11.- BFP 7/3/11! - EDD 3/13/12 - Dean born 3/15/12! - Lovely Labor Buddies with PsychGirl33!! <3 </br> Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

It worked for me with DS1 however this time, it has not been so easy. My heart goes out to the ladies who have been TTC for months & months. For me, it has been a very humbling experience thus far. With that said, I agree with pp that I like to take my temp & use OPK's etc. so I at least have some idea what is going on with my body and to know if we have a chance. GL to you!

• Options

imagedoozer1345:

Ditto this  >.<

my currently-reading shelf:
    Jennifer's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    candr09candr09 member

Thats basically what we did when we got preg with DD. We just stopped using bc let nature take its course and it didn't take us long. I went off b/c in oct 2009 used condoms until jan 2010, BFP March 2010.

That being said it depends how quick you're hoping to get pregnant. If your not in a rush, I say just do your thing and see what happens.. if you don't get KU in 6 months or so, then maybe start charting etc.

and i thought i loved you then <3<a href="http://daisypath.com/">Daisypath Anniversary tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Missed Miscarriage discovered at 9w6d
    D&E 10.27.2011
    I'll love you forever Baby Speck Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, I couldn't do that!! I don't know my own body. When I think I'm fertile - I'm not!
    Married Sept. 2009 TTC #1 since Sept. 2010 BFP May 18, 2011 - Due date January 26, 2012 Baby Number One! BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker image image
  • Options

Yep! That is exactly what I am doing. That is what I did to get KU with DD1 & DS2...happened for us cycle #1 with both LO's...will we be so blessed this go around? Maybe not. But I would rather go with the flow of the process then chart, temp and what not.

However, I am so glad to see how well charting works for other ladies! Smile It's just NMS. It would stress me out beyond belief.

• Options

I could do it if I already had a child... I really want my first, so I'm all for watching my body like a hawk and doing anything and everything to help the process!

To each their own though, good luck!

IVF #1 w/ ICSI 9/2012 (10M 6F), ET 9/24 (1 good pre-blast), BETA 10/4= BFN,
    IVF #2 Microflare w/ ICSI 12/2012 (19M 7F), ET 12/16 (2 Good blasts),
    BETA 12/26= BFP (356), BETA 12/28 (840) 2nd Ultrasound shows TWINS!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you're still TTC in a year, I'd be shocked if you were still just "listening to your body".  I hope that you are one of the lucky ones who gets pregnant without really trying.  Congrats on it being so easy the first time, and GL to you for more of the same good fortune this time around.
    TTC #1 2+ Years with Unexplained IF
    1st & Only BFP: 1st IVF w/ ICSI, 3dt of 2 7-cell, grade 2 embryos on 8/25/12
    Beta #1 9/5: 87.2 BFP! - Beta #2 9/7: 248 - 1st US @ 6w3d Two Heartbeats! - MoDi Girls!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

imagedoozer1345:

Couldn't have said it better (so I'm not gonna try!) 

Baking Blog | TTC Blog | Pinterest
    TTC #1 since October 2010 | Began Testing in January 2012
    DH SA - low motility with 0% morph; varicocele (repaired); low T (on Clomid)
    IVF w/ICSI (long Lupron w/ Repronex and Follistim) in September 2012

imageimage
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    No, I tried that and it didn't work. Charting takes the guess work out of it, doesn't leave it to chance. 
  • Options
    This is me! Easy time with the first two so I am hoping it will be the same for my final and third child. We have sex EOD from end of period to beginning of next period. Sometimes, I lie down for a few minutes afterwards but thats about it. If this doesnt work after about six months then I will think about charting. But, for now just gonna go with the flow. I think for other women the charting is a really good thing and very helpful, but its just not for me at this time.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagedoozer1345:

This.  My body plays tricks on me.  

• Options
    I've just going with my body.  Don't really want to temp or check CM.   Hopefully we will get pregnant by just going with the flow:)  Of course here we are on cycle 6...boo.  But this could be our month!
  • Options

If I just listened to my body, I'd never have a kid! I'd never know that I don't ovulate (even though I have "af", which it really isnt), nor would I have known about the septum or endometriosis!

There is a reason there are medical professionals! =)

That would drive me crazy because how do you even know you are ovulating at all??

• Options
    I started out this way, because that's what worked to get pregnant with DD.  Now I'm 6 months in and wish I had started charting 6 months ago.  So if it works, you'll be glad you didn't chart.  And if it doesn't, you'll have wasted a lot of time in which you could have been figuring out what's going on and why you're not getting pregnant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"