Trying to Get Pregnant

What scares you most about becoming a mom?

I know I'll be faced with a lot of challenges, sleep deprivation etc, but I think money scares me the most. Day care around here is about 2,000 a month and then of course there's lots of other expenses. I think it will be a challenge, but well worth it! Scary nonetheless though!

Married my best friend 5/2/2008
TTC our first miracle since November 2010
BFP 3/16/2011 Chemical Pregnancy 3/20/2011

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image

Re: What scares you most about becoming a mom?

• ShaylizShayliz member
    The only thing that really scares me is actually giving birth. I'm not too worried about anything after baby comes.
  • I want a LO so badly, but am really scared of post pardum depression.  I've never had a history of depression, but it scares me b/c it is not something that is preventable.  I guess I watch too many Lifetime movies. Embarrassed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC #1 since Sept 2010
    DX = Endo and right tube blocked
    IUI #1-3 - 50mg Clomid, 75iu Gonal, Ovidrel, Progesterone = BFN
    IVF #1 - ER = 9R, 9M, 8F; 5DT of 1 embryo (3 frosties) = BFP!!
    Beta #1 (17dpo) = 496, Beta #2 (20dpo) = 1318, Beta #3 (22dpo) = 2190
    EDD Oct 9, 2012
  • Loading the player...
  • Lack of sleep!!  I don't do well on no sleep so being sleep deprived for God knows how long is terrifying to me!  
    Me: 35 | Him: 35
    G born 10/25/12 | H born 3/25/14
    TTC#3 since 7/2015
    Early loss 12/2015 most likely due to low progesterone
    Began medicated cycles (Femara/Ovidrel/Endometrin) with TI 1/2016
    BFP 3/22, EDD 12/4/16 ~ It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageShayliz:
    The only thing that really scares me is actually giving birth. I'm not too worried about anything after baby comes.

this. and lack of sleep. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BFP #1 6-8-11 EDD 2-19-12. DD born 2-3-12 via induction due to pre-e.
    BFP #2 9-7-13 EDD 5-22-14. It's a GIRL! DD#2 is on her way.
  • narabugnarabug member

imagephebesx:
    Lack of sleep!!  I don't do well on no sleep so being sleep deprived for God knows how long is terrifying to me!  

This! I'm hard to be around if I'm just up past my bed time. People are going to hate me for a while...

• I'm scared of giving birth as well, but not about the pain or anything. I'm scared something is going to go wrong. I'm also scared of something happening to my baby. I just want a healthy child, and the things that can go wrong are endless. I try not to think about it too much...it freaks me out.

ETA: And then I think of all the stupid sh!t I did as a kid...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The teenage years.  I only hope I can raise them right.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • OP: we are cycle and O date twins!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

BFP #1 6-8-11 EDD 2-19-12. DD born 2-3-12 via induction due to pre-e.
    BFP #2 9-7-13 EDD 5-22-14. It's a GIRL! DD#2 is on her way.
  • I have to agree with the money thing just because that is the way I always am. I know we'll have enough, but I also know it will be a lot tighter and it isn't like we spend money extravagantly as it is. I can't wait until these student loans are out of the way!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

TTC#1 starting Feb 2011, BFP #1:5/31/11, CP: 6/6/11; BFP #2: 7/9/11, loss confirmed 8/3 with D&C on 8/12 finding complete molar pregnancy. Forced break until Feb 2012. My blog image
  • imageBella61811:
    OP: we are cycle and O date twins!

I hope we can be BFP twins in about a week Big Smile

• imagepeloquinJ:
    I have to agree with the money thing just because that is the way I always am. I know we'll have enough, but I also know it will be a lot tighter and it isn't like we spend money extravagantly as it is. I can't wait until these student loans are out of the way!

Student loans are the devil! haha I feel the same way!

• imagenarabug:

imagephebesx:
    Lack of sleep!!  I don't do well on no sleep so being sleep deprived for God knows how long is terrifying to me!  

This! I'm hard to be around if I'm just up past my bed time. People are going to hate me for a while...

Seriously!  MH calls me Mrs. Cranky Pants when I haven't gotten enough sleep.  haha! 

Me: 35 | Him: 35
    G born 10/25/12 | H born 3/25/14
    TTC#3 since 7/2015
    Early loss 12/2015 most likely due to low progesterone
    Began medicated cycles (Femara/Ovidrel/Endometrin) with TI 1/2016
    BFP 3/22, EDD 12/4/16 ~ It's a GIRL!

• narabugnarabug member
    imagephebesx:
    imagenarabug:

imagephebesx:

Seriously!  MH calls me Mrs. Cranky Pants when I haven't gotten enough sleep.  haha! 

I don't have a cute nn, I'm just crazy. Lol.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Money and something happening to the baby(ies) again.
    GlitterPhoto GlitterPhoto
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
    BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
    BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
    BFP#3 9/28/13 ~ EDD 5/20/14 ~ Benjamin Clarence born 5/15/14
  • Good question Redsox! I'm scared about money as well, there's just never enough to go around, no matter how hard you try! I'm scared that I won't want to go back to work, but I will have to because of the first fear lol. I have lots of friends who fully intended on returning to work and then just didn't want to go back and have the option to stay at home. I won't have that option as I'm the bread winner of the family. I'm also scared of the sleep deprivation, I love sleep!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicTTC #1 since April '11.- BFP 7/3/11! - EDD 3/13/12 - Dean born 3/15/12! - Lovely Labor Buddies with PsychGirl33!! <3 </br> Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • kmm2150kmm2150 member

No sleep - I am an 8-9 hour girl or I am NOT fun.

Health issues/complications as others have said.

Drama from having all the grandparents so close - we all get along great, and I love my folks and his, but I know everybody has different parenting philosophies and will want to "help" -  I guess that is a silly thing to be scared about, but I worry about it sometimes.

imageimage
  • Like others have said, I think I'm mostly scared about actually giving birth. Mainly because it would be my 1st, so I don't know what to expect. "Are they going to give me my epidural in time? How long will labor be? Will I be able to give birth vaginally? Will they have to do an ER C-section?" ect, ect...

Something about the "unknown" always scares the crap out of me.

TTC#1 Oct 2010
    DS born May 2013
    TFAS Feb 2016
    EDD 07/29/2017
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • noryangnoryang member
    All of the above. I'm terrified. But I think the fear is a good thing. It tells me that I'm not fooling myself. It's not a fairy tale - this is going to be the hardest job that I will ever do. I think I'm much better prepared if I know that going in.
    Soon to be Big Sister Eowyn - DOB February 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
     BabyFruit Ticker

My family is a Foreign Service family. Families like mine are posted in every corner of the globe. We live our lives away from family, friends and the conviences and comforts of home. We often live and work in dangerous places among those that misunderstand our intentions and purposes. Sometimes members of our ranks sacrifice our lives to further diplomacy.  Please remember that we serve too. And I'm always open to questions.

• I'd also say lack of sleep and post partum depression. I'm going to have to go back to work and am wondering how I'll function with so little sleep!
  • Giving birth, day care and still having the energy to look and feel good as a woman and not just a mother.

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• I must be kind of abnormal, because I'm not really scared about anything. I know that issues can come up, but I'm just not that freaked out about it. I'm not afraid of childbirth...if billions of women could do it, I can do it. (And I'm all crunchy and plan on going totally natural, and probably doing home birth. Crazy. Smile) I think the one thing that gets me the closest to scared is the thought of having teens...especially the thought of them driving. I just hope I've taught them good values by that point and that they'll make good choices.
  • 1. giving birth

2. dealing with no sleep

3. dealing with family drama since my parents my ILs don't get along

4. finding time to maintain my professional care

5. Doing a good job teaching my child about life and learning  

the list goes on and on. I know it will all be worth, it though!  

4.24.12                                                                            5.7.14
                  imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby #2 Chart

BabyFetus Ticker

imageimageimageimage

• imagemelissa721:
    Giving birth, day care and still having the energy to look and feel good as a woman and not just a mother.

This too! I'm scared that I will completely lose my identity as a woman, I would like to be able to keep that part of me and add the mother part. Good call Melissa!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicTTC #1 since April '11.- BFP 7/3/11! - EDD 3/13/12 - Dean born 3/15/12! - Lovely Labor Buddies with PsychGirl33!! <3 </br> Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageRedsoxchick:
    I know I'll be faced with a lot of challenges, sleep deprecation etc, but I think money scares me the most. Day care around here is about 2,000 a month and then of course there's lots of other expenses. I think it will be a challenge, but well worth it! Scary nonetheless though!

You'll find a way to make it work. When it comes to money there are always things you can do to make ends meet. Not always ideal or comfortable, but doable. Before DH got his new job we were literally selling our posessions to make it work and both working full time. It was a rough few months, but we made it work and we're stronger now because of it.

• Definitely the sleep! It's nice to be able to admit this to other people. Sometimes I feel like I don't deserve to be a mom if I'm afraid of being sleep deprived Indifferent

• xnbridexnbride member

imageRedsoxchick:
    I know I'll be faced with a lot of challenges, sleep deprecation etc, but I think money scares me the most. Day care around here is about 2,000 a month and then of course there's lots of other expenses. I think it will be a challenge, but well worth it! Scary nonetheless though!

This made me LOL because I am pretty sure becoming a mom does not = pooping in your sleep...but the baby..yeah they will do that ALOT!!

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• Ellis31Ellis31 member
    Having enough money for sure...very scary.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • #1 Postpartum - I've heard some horror stories and it's a very big fear.

#2 Lack of sleep and the effect it will have on my relationships - husband, family, friends, work... I'm not so cheery when I'm tired!

IVF #1 w/ ICSI 9/2012 (10M 6F), ET 9/24 (1 good pre-blast), BETA 10/4= BFN,
    IVF #2 Microflare w/ ICSI 12/2012 (19M 7F), ET 12/16 (2 Good blasts),
    BETA 12/26= BFP (356), BETA 12/28 (840) 2nd Ultrasound shows TWINS!!

• imageSheenaNash1:

imagemelissa721:
    Giving birth, day care and still having the energy to look and feel good as a woman and not just a mother.

This too! I'm scared that I will completely lose my identity as a woman, I would like to be able to keep that part of me and add the mother part. Good call Melissa!

This is SO how I feel.

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• what scares me the most is after the little one is born something happening to me or DH. 

• imagercollier_17:

imageRedsoxchick:

You'll find a way to make it work. When it comes to money there are always things you can do to make ends meet. Not always ideal or comfortable, but doable. Before DH got his new job we were literally selling our posessions to make it work and both working full time. It was a rough few months, but we made it work and we're stronger now because of it.

Thanks, this makes me feel better. My mom always tells me, "if you wait until you can easily afford kids, you'll never have kids" lol 

• Having a girl scares me shitless.  I know too many statistics and personally know too many survivors for my own peace of mind.  :S

On a less morbid note, I am scared about losing personal me/quiet-time.  I'm an introvert and sometimes I worry about how I will adjust to having a kid demanding my attention 24/7.

my currently-reading shelf:
    Jennifer's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • imagexnbride:

imageRedsoxchick:

This made me LOL because I am pretty sure becoming a mom does not = pooping in your sleep...but the baby..yeah they will do that ALOT!!

hahaha apparently I have sleep deprivation right now! whoooops

• I hope to dear God I can be blessed with a child. But I am a bit scared about the financial needs and not being able to support him/her. I know we'll make ends meet, but when I was growing up, my family didn't have substantial means and I felt it as a child. I hated knowing we didn't have money. I'm now frugal bc of it, but I was very sensitive to those issues as a child to the point where I wouldn't eat bc it cost money. Well, I vowed I would do well so I could support my family without any financial problems. But here we are in a day in age where gas prices are going above $4, salary is going down, inflation, food prices going up, and I just hope we can make it. But I'm not worried too much bc I know we will do whatever it takes.
    Married Sept. 2009 TTC #1 since Sept. 2010 BFP May 18, 2011 - Due date January 26, 2012 Baby Number One! BabyFetus Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker image image
  • imagexnbride:

imageRedsoxchick:

That would be sleep defecation.  And it happens.  Not to the mom, but to the baby.  And if you're lucky, the baby's sleep defecation doesn't end up all over the mom, bed, walls and floor.  Yes, it happens.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm worried about PPD.  I've dealt with serious depression and issues in the past so I'm afraid of it coming back after having a baby.  I made sure to talk to my doctor before TTC about being able to continue my meds before/during/after conceiving.  Luckily, I'm good.

And the sleep deprivation!  Oh my, how I love my sleep.  I also love staying up really late.  

And lastly, yes, the teenage years.  If our kid(s) are anything like me and my husband were as teenagers, we're in for one hell-ish ride.

• imagePrimReaper:

The teenage years.  I only hope I can raise them right.

THISSSS!!! ::Please don't be the teenager I was!::

• xnbridexnbride member
    imagePrimReaper:
    imagexnbride:

imageRedsoxchick:

That would be sleep defecation.  And it happens.  Not to the mom, but to the baby.  And if you're lucky, the baby's sleep defecation doesn't end up all over the mom, bed, walls and floor.  Yes, it happens.

LOL-- you are so right! It is much more fun to read it the wrong way though. 

9 angels in heaven-3 in my arms and 1 in the NICU                                                                                                                                    
    Mono/di twin girls: Josephine born to heaven and Evangeline born Earthside at 25w

• Money!  Even though we are good with our finances and have a good nest egg.  It freaks me out that it won't be enough! 
    Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"