Cloth Diapering

Bumgenius 4.0... What rise snap setting?

I'm trying to figure out what rise I should put Jordan on. 

We only get leaks at night, but it seems like they're getting a little tight around the legs, but if I change the waist snaps, he'll pee out the top.

We're on the medium rise setting and he's 19.5-20 pounds and 29 inches tall.

So what rise snap setting is your LO on and how tall and how much do they weigh?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bumgenius 4.0... What rise snap setting?

• We use them for daycare and he is on the middle rise setting as well - he is about 19lbs and I have no idea how long he is.  There might not be enough absorbancy for him overnight which could be resulting in the leaks - I was triple stuffing them and they still couldnt hold him all night - we had to switch to fitteds/wool for overnight.
  • My DS has been on the large setting for about two months (they were having leaking issues at daycare, mostly associated to improper application, but I digress.) He was 18 lbs and 30 inches at 9 months and shortly after that was when we left the rise unsnapped.

Just try playing around with it, and see if it works. I've heard of babies going to the large setting, then once they start walking going back to medium since they thin out.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • middle setting, 23lbs

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • DD is 29 inches and close to 22 pounds and I have her on the middle rise setting. It fits her fine, but I do like her diapers to fasten around her hips (if I fasten them higher they tend to sag on her.)

We also use aplix diapers, I have a hard time getting a good fit with snaps. With her BG Elementals, I've found that sometimes I need to fasten the top ahd bottom snaps off center -- I'll fit the bottom one to her legs, then will go in a snap on one (or both) sides to get a tighter fit in the waist.

imageimage

• imageQuizzle:

With her BG Elementals, I've found that sometimes I need to fasten the top ahd bottom snaps off center -- I'll fit the bottom one to her legs, then will go in a snap on one (or both) sides to get a tighter fit in the waist.

That's actually a great idea. I don't know why I didn't think about that. 

Thanks ladies for all your answers.  

• kdellokdello member
    Middle rise, 19lbs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"