2nd Trimester

Itchy nips... This cant just be me!

May be a TMI, but OMG. I'm 22 weeks and my nipples are SO itchy all the time! What can I do to make it stop? 

Is anybody else experiencing this?

Vote on my Baby Names here!
VOTE on my Name List
Surprise! Baby #2!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Itchy nips... This cant just be me!

• acaveracaver member
    OMG!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU.  I have been having the worst time with this.  I haven't noticed any posts about it.  Its JUST my nipples, not my brests.  Its horrible, not to mention the fact that they are always huge and hard as a rock.
  • SAME! My husband began hysterical laughing at me as I undressed last night because he noticed me staring at my nipples in the mirror as I scratched vigorously.

Lotion helped a bit! 

• Loading the player...
  • Lansinoh lanolin cream in the purple tube.  you can buy it at BRU, Target, etc. HTH.
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Itchy nipples were one of my first symptoms... I got them before my BFP and they actually tipped me off to POAS.  They come and go, but have gotten better with time.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers BabyName Ticker
  • I am so happy I`m not alone here! I feel so awkward walking in a store and it`s taking all I have not to scratch, lol.

DH has been laughing at me too, I`m always looking at them and he thinks its hilarious.

Vote on my Baby Names here!
    VOTE on my Name List
    Surprise! Baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Me too!  I'm  not quite in the 2nd tri but I've had this for almost my entire pregnancy.  Glad to hear it's not going away anytime soon Stick out tongue
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Ella&CElla&C member
    Yes, and thick moisturizer helps. Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • yes! and they are not only itchy, they are really sensitive! so scratching is miserable! lotion has helped a little...
  •  Mine are itchy as h3ll and sadly, I don't even care about scratching them anymore- I just go for it. I caught myself scratching my ever itchy nips in Target today.  Oops...   I'll have to get some of that super thick itch cream pp mentioned.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ughhh right there with ya. They are dry and flaky too (and I am moisturizing often with good cream). I have used lasinoh before but found it can be hard to spread at times=really aggravating with sensitive nips. Happy to hear I'm not the only one, but sorry you ladies are having to deal with it too :(
    DD #1 4 years old (09/22/09)
    DD #2 2 years old (08/17/11)
    DD #3 born 08/29/13

• i've been having the same problem since the very beginning of my pregnancy. along with my itching i've got scabby dry patches too. like the little holes where my milk ducts are all have rough skin on them..ick.... i've been using olive oil then a cloth to wipe away the dead skin and then more olive oil, i love it. i've also used olive oil for stretch marks my whole life and love it! i will soon be trying out this lanolin everyone raves about too.
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • My nipples are itchy, dry and peeling. They feel like they are on fire when I workout! Not fun :o) I have been putting lotion on them twice a day and it helps somewhat.
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Mine have been itchy and DRY. Like peeling, dry. Ick! Vaseline has helped a ton! And it's super cheap :)
  • imagejonnygurl76:
    Lansinoh lanolin cream in the purple tube.  you can buy it at BRU, Target, etc. HTH.

I will have to try this cream! 

Follow Me on Pinterest Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You're not alone! Mine started getting really itchy about 2 weeks ago. They aren't dry though like others said. I did notice that about a week after they started itching really badly I started leaking a little colostrum every now and then. I guess the fun is starting again!
  • Right there with you!
    After 2 years of TTC, our daughter was born on Oct 31, 2011!
    7lbs 13oz  20 inches long
    image"Lilypie">

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"