Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Ear Infections

So my LO just got over a double ear infection, we gave him his last dose of medicine last week Thursday, today when I picked him up from daycare they asked me if I took him back in after he was done with his medicine to make sure the medicine healed the ear infection. I've never heard of this before, so my question is, after your LO had an ear infection did you take them back in once they were off the medicine to make sure it healed? TIA!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Ear Infections

• Yes, he was seen 2 weeks after diagnosis!
  • Yes, we saw the pedi 5 days after DD's last antibiotic dose (so like 2 weeks)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I guess we should have, but nope.  Pedi didn't ask to see her again and I didn't think to make another appointment. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, we go back in to make sure it's healed. She's currently on her 3rd ear infection in the last 2 months. They switched her meds this time, so I'm hoping it's gone for good.
  • Yes, I think it is pretty standard for pediatricians to ask you to come back after 2 weeks.
  • Yup! Usually a quick appointment just to check the ears.  We go back about 3 three weeks later.  
  • No, we have never been back, nor were we ever asked to come back and check. We've seen multiple doctors at our pediatrician's office for ear infections, and not once has anyone suggested that we come back after finishing the antibiotics to check.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"