1st Trimester
Options

Pregnancy foods you swear by?

Anybody have any foods that you think helped your baby and your mood, side effects throughout?  I am hoping to ward off M/S all together!  Fat Chance right?
imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Pregnancy foods you swear by?

• Options

I dont think you can prevent MS altogether, but it helps to keep a full tummy at all times. My nausea would spike really bad if I let myself even start to get hungry.

For me, I ate tons of Lipton Cup O Soup and simple carbs...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I tried the crackers by the bed thing and it's never worked for me! I agree that you feel better when full. I've also found that Seabands and ginger works too! So drink lots of gingerale and Motherhood Maternity (I'm sure other preg stores do too) sell these candies that have ginger in them and they seem to work well too. I've heard that watermelon works well too. Haven't tried that yet cause they're not quite in season yet. I've realized that I've gone a little overboard with the calories, but i'd rather cut back in a couple weeks when I don't have to worry about the nausea!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I might be crazy, but a glass of cold skim (lactose-free) milk first thing in the morning has kept away my m/s.  I love it.  Ginger ale did close to nothing for me, but cold milk is a miracle cure.  Weird, but true.
    Married 5-24-2008;
    BFP 4-19-11. Ezri Ana born on due date, Dec 30 2011!
    My Ovulation Chart 
    BFP 10-05-2014; MMC 11-15-2014.
    BFP 02-17-2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    A friend of mine has not had one lick of m/s yet and she is pregnant with twins. She is about 25wks. She swears by her acupuncturist.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers daisypath PitaPata Dog tickers PitaPata Dog tickers Unexplained infertility HSG-clear, DH SA-Great 3 cycles Clomid TI with OB/GYN Switched to RE Jan2011 Feb2011 100mg Clomid + trigger + #1 IUI=BFN Mar. 12,2011 100mg Clomid + Estradiol + #2 IUI BFP 3/20/11, Beta #1 12dpiui 174, Beta #2 17dpiui 1660, Beta #3 21dpiui 6687 image
  • Options
    mols99mols99 member
    I haven't had any morning sickness yet, but I got really nauseous during 6-9 weeks.  I ate small meals because if I waited too long to eat I would get extremely nauseous.  Rainbow sherbet helped me a lot and grilled cheese seemed to be the only thing that sounded good to eat.  The nausea is slowly going away, but it still creeps up on me randomly.
  • Options
    I have been a big fan of carbonation so far: ginger ale, sparkling water, etc
  • Options
    Anything citrus or mint seems to help ease the nausea. Lemon or limes in my water, fresh oranges, and then peppermint candies and gum. Ginger makes me want to gag...
    TTC #1 since 6/08, MFI dx'd 3/09 Varicocelectomy 6/09, Hydrocelectomy 10/09 IVF with ICSI in Jan/Feb 2010 ER 2/7, ET 2/12 - transferred 2 blasts 5 snowbabies Beta #1 = 22 #2 = 19. Chemical Pregnancy :( FET May 2010 ET 5/30 - transferred 3 embies = BFN Fall/10 Went Gluten free + New RE and Clinic IUI #1 + Clomid 50 mg (1 follie) on 1/18 IUI #2 + Clomid 100 mg (1 follie) on 2/15 IUI# 3 + Femara 7.5 mg (1 follie) on 3/14 = BFP!!!! Beta #1 = 172 (15dpiui) Beta #2 =683!!! Ultrasound at 7 wks: 1 perfect beating heart. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lays Potato Chips and Sprite!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I swear that decaf Lipton (sugar sweetened) icea tea makes me feel better. Sounds weird, but I've been going through a ton lately!
  • Options
    Mints! The ones I like are called scotch mints! That and lots if carbs.

Married 07/17/2010
    Diagnosed with PCOS 10/20/2010 
    TTC since Oct 2010 
    BFP #1 March 31st 2011 Due December 10 2011 
    Missed m/c discovered June 2nd 2011 at 12w4d
    D&C scheduled June 7th 2011 at 13w2d
    Found out our baby boy had Triploidy XXY through embryopathology
    BFP #2 September 28th 2011 Due June 8th 2012
    Missed m/c discovered November 20th 2011 at 11w2d
    D&C November 29th 2011 at 12w4d
    Found out our baby girl had Monosomy X through embryopathology
    BFP #3 April 24th 2012 Due January 5th 2013
    Betas falling on 04/26/12 Chemical Pregnancy
    RPL testing done, multi nodular goiters on thyroid discovered.

BFP #4 November 22nd 2012, Due August 5th 2013
    Betas: 17 @ 9dpo, 62 @ 11dpo, 124 @ 12dpo, 321 @ 14dpo 720 @ 16dpo 13,805 @ 23 dpo 
    First ultrasound at 6w3d, hb 122 bpm. 
    Second ultrasound at 7w3d hb 143 bpm 
    Third ultrasound at 10w1d hb 167-170 bpm 
    Forth ultrasound 12w1d hb 167 bpm 
    Graduated rpl program, moving on to regular ob! 
    It's a boy! 

Little man was born August 1st 2013, 7lbs 8oz and 20.5 inches long

• Options

I swear by Granny Smith apples!! I read it one here a couple of weeks ago and they have helped immensely w/my m/s! I eat one w/the skin whenever I'm feeling really sick and I feel 10x better right away. Also other snacks that seem to help: lemon w/water, watermelon and nice cold Sprite. HTH!

And since m/s hasn't hit you yet, I would highly suggest you eat whatever it is you're craving right now and really enjoy it! =) I can't wait until I can eat a meal and not get sick. 

• Options
    I had MS awfully the first two gos. I loved cinnamon candies for some reason they helped subside the sickness. Now carbonation and mint candies are what was working. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagebetheveh:
    Anything citrus or mint seems to help ease the nausea. Lemon or limes in my water, fresh oranges, and then peppermint candies and gum. Ginger makes me want to gag...

Lemon in my water too and also I eat toast with peanut butter every single morning when I wake up and for some reason that makes me okay for awhile. Popsicles seem to help too as long as the taste of them isnt too strong.

BabyName Ticker Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I didn't have like full-on horrible morning sickness, just that constant naseous feeling that wouldn't go away. I ate tortilla chips, just plain ones. They seemed to help especially bc when I got to the super hungry part then everything smelled like it was gonna make me throw up and I would get a couple of chips to take that edge off so I could handle whatever else. I didn't try it at the time, but since then I have been drinking a crap ton of milk. 2%. The couple of times I felt sorta naseous towards the end and I drank milk then it seemed to settle my stomach a little. Wish I would have tried it sooner when it was much worse.
  • Options
    W-A-T-E-R!!!! LOTS of it!!!
  • Options
    Avacados, just plain, they had hardly any taste and kept my stomach full for a long time!!! IF i was feeling a little better I would put a little mild salsa on it but seriously I lived off of them for the first 3 months!! and French fries, now my DD LOVES avacado!! coincidence? :)
  • Options
    Pretty much anything carb related helps me bypass M/S. I try to select healthy complex carbs (whole grains) over simple carbs and mix in protein as much as I can... sometimes I do better than others. Haha.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"