May 2011 Moms
Options

another May baby born in April

Zooey Lynn was born April 27th at 4:50pm...weighing 6lbs 15oz...measuring 19in long.  All natural birth with no stitches I am thrilled to say lol.

I had been having contractions since my ob appt on April 18th...mostly at night.  The morning of April 26th I woke up with contractions and they were not going away.  So I went to L&D with all my bags just in case.

To make a long story short I wasn't in "heavy" labor but due to my GD and high BP, being 100% effaced and my doctor knowing how uncomfortable I was she didn't want to send me home.  But due to the many other moms who were in active labor at that same time, they didn't want to break my water or start induction...so hubby and I stayed the night and they gave me some sleeping pills.  The next day they started me slowly on the drip and I became 3cm dilated.  The doc eventually broke my water and that's when the fun started.  MAJOR contractions....went from 3cm to 10cm in 20 mins...no time for an epi even if I wanted one (which for the first time I was seriously considering!!).  Zooey was born less than an hr after my water being broken....very fast delivery...the doc almost didn't make it back in time.

We are doing well.....the dreaded umbilical cord even fell off last night!!  Yay!!  I am just looking forward to my milk drying up!!  I am leaking like crazy and hard and sore.  I read online about green cabbage leaves??  Anyone else know about this or any other "quick fix"?

I have added pics of Zooey so I hope I did it right and they are here.  We are in love and awe of her Big Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: another May baby born in April

• Options
    Congrats! Can't wait to see pics! Love the name too! I have a little Zoey Dealynn and she is a fireball!
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    looks like you have to go to my profile to see her pics....not sure how else to do it
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    She's so cute! Congratulations on your fast delivery, I hope I get that lucky
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    She is absolutely adorable!!! She looks just like her 3D sonogram!
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    She is a cutie!  Congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagepurplemimi:

I read online about green cabbage leaves??  Anyone else know about this or any other "quick fix"?

Congrats!

And yes green cabbage leaves can assist with drying your milk supply. You are supposed to keep them very cold. Cut out the 'vein' of the leaf, then place into your bra. As soon as the become wilted, cut another piece and repeat. You need to do this around.the.clock Which means having a head of cabbage on ice in a cooler at your bedside and waking up to switch them out during the night.

Antihistamines (Benadryl) can also dry your supply, but it makes some people really tired, so you have to weigh the pros/cons on that one.

Started Dating 12/7/01
    Married 6/6/09
    DS 5/11/11
    DD 9/13/13

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Thanks so much everyone :)  And thank you Cassondra for the tips!!  Much appreciated :)  And yes Zooey does look like her sonogram pic....wild isn't it?
  • Options
    Congratulations and she really looks like on the 3d picture.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest!image
  • Options

Congrats on your little one!  It's so surreal once they are here. 

My little guy didn't want to latch on to me anymore after supplementing a few times with a bottle so I made the hard decision to stop breastfeeding. Oh once I got engorged it was worse than being in labor. The pain was so horrible so I read all over the internet and heard about the cabbage leaves. I think it helped a little but not enough for me. I also read about taking a decongestant so I took some Sudafed every 4 hours and I believe that did the trick. I was feeling better within an hour.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"