Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Quick Question For You Ladies

Quinn's eye has been kind of goopy for a few days. At first I thought it was just her tear ducts starting in. Now sometimes it seals shut almost and I have to wipe it quite a bit. Her eyes aren't red at all so I don't think it's pink eye. Do you ladies think it's just overactive tear ducts or could it be a cold? (I will also be asking my pedi I just wanted an opinion here too) TIA!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Quick Question For You Ladies

• clogged tear duct.  Both of my daughter's suffered from them.  Pediatricians deal with them in different ways...so I would call and make sure that is what it is and ask them what they do for it.

Mine has me massage out and use warm compresses in the corner of her eye.

It can get really gross and it did make her eye almost seal shut more than once.  As long as it isn't red or very swollen (sometimes it can swell a little) then i wouldn't worry, but I would still call about it.

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • BLM10BLM10 member
    DS has been like this for almost 2 wks now, just the right eye. Ped sas it's a clogged tear duct and that's why it's draining out into the lashes rather than down the side of the nose internally. We wipe with warm washcoths and do small circular rubs from the inner corner of he eye to the side of the nostril to open it up.
  • Loading the player...
  • My little guy was like that for a few weeks. My Dr said it was a blocked tear duct. He told me to massage the top of his nose by the eye several times a day. I did it while breastfeeding. I also cleaned his eye with a warm wash cloth. My Dr also said it's not that uncommon and not to worry. It should clear up with in the first few months.
  • Thanks ladies!! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"