3rd Trimester

I know this is a lil TMI but...

Ok so im sorry this is a little TMI but anyways; I go for my 37 week check up this week to see if im dilated and all that and im about 99% sure i have a yeast infection :( and its driving me insane. They told me i could use the monistat but it would take 7 days anyways and i only have a few more days til my appointment so i guess im gonna have to wait, which its going to be very embarressing to me lol But i wouldnt think its safe to insert a cream up there when im just a few weeks away from my due date which is MAY 27TH but i might end up getting induced a week early so i guess ill wait and see this week. Has anyone else had this problem so close to their due date?

Re: I know this is a lil TMI but...

• AZ123AZ123 member
    If you have a yeast infection, you should treat it. otherwise, your internal this week is going to hurt like hell. Also, the infection can get progressively worse and might not be good for baby.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You should have had a test done called the GBS. Its where they stick a cotton swab in the vagina and rectum and test for "bad bacteria"... if it comes back positive they will give you some meds to take now and they will give you antibiotics during labor so that you dont pass anything along to your baby. Have you had that done yet??

• Loading the player...
  • imagesharaysherrod:

You should have had a test done called the GBS. Its where they stick a cotton swab in the vagina and rectum and test for "bad bacteria"... if it comes back positive they will give you some meds to take now and they will give you antibiotics during labor so that you dont pass anything along to your baby. Have you had that done yet??

GBS is different than yeast. Antibiotics would make a yeast infection worse.

I would ask your MD what he/she wants you to do but my guess is treat it now.

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • So you want your baby to come through a yeasty birth canal?  Really?  Just use the Monistat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageak1234:
    So you want your baby to come through a yeasty birth canal?  Really?  Just use the Monistat.

Lame

OP, I get not wanting to use meds, but use the cream. It will help, and you will not be so miserable. Also, Make sure your OB will not order diflucan. It is a one time pill that clears it up. My OB did order it for me in the third tri once, and it helped a TON!

• Whatever.  She doesn't want to treat an infection in her vagina...you know, the one that her baby will pass through if she has a vaginal birth.  THAT is lame.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"