Babies: 6 - 9 Months

LO's name...kinda clicky

What is your LO's name (first and middle...if you are comfortable sharing) and how did you come up with it?  What name did you have picked out if your LO was the opposite sex?

My DD's name is Addison Louise.  The first name didn't really come from anywhere special.  Other than the Addison on Grey's but we didn't really name her after her and it wasn't our first choice.  We were originally going to name her Savannah Louise but it's a long story why we chose not to.  Plus, all of us have A names (me-Angela, H-Aaron and SD-Ashley), so I felt it was only right to give LO an A name.  Louise comes from both of our mom's.  My mom's middle name is Louise and H's mom's name is Louise. 

If it was a boy his name was going to be Alexander (Dean or Thomas).  Dean being my dad's middle name and Thomas being DH's. 

Re: LO's name...kinda clicky

• LCB34LCB34 member

Kate's full name is Katherine Elizabeth.  They are both family names.

Katherine - my great Aunt that raised my mom.

Elizabeth - Alex's grandmother's middle name as well as my cousin's (who is named after my mom) middle name - and what she goes by.

• Camden Richard-

Camden- just found it in a baby name book

Richard- DH's grandpa who passed away 2 years ago.

ETA- If he would have been a girl I wanted Emerson Eloise, I love Emerson and Eloise was my Grandma's middle name. The only down side was her initials would have been EEE.

• Loading the player...
  • His middle name is my maiden name. We thought it was nice to include it since my father had all girls and he had no brothers to carry on his name. His first name is DH's father's name. If he had been a girl, her first name would have been my grandmother's maiden name and her middle name would have been my Aunt's middle name. She died of cancer 2 years ago.

Sorry no specifics. I'm looney like that Big Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • JDOJDO member

Wesley Alexander.

DH chose Wesley out of the baby book. I can't say that The Princess Bride wasn't a major influence. Alexander is the middle name of his best friend since grade school. 

If we'd had a girl, DH was fond of Riley Elizabeth and I was pushing for Leah Emily. 

• DD name is Aubrey Jean. Her first name my DH picked out and Jean is after my grandmother whom I was close with.

If DD was a boy his name would have been Landon Scott. Landon was a name that DH and I picked out and Scott is after DH.

• Eli is Elijah Thomas.

Elijah is pretty much the only name DH and I both liked. It has biblical significance as well which we liked. Thomas is my father's middle name.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD#1: Emilia Louise

Her first name was picked because it was the only name that DH and I could agree on that we really loved.  DH picked the spelling.  Her middle name is my mom's middle name.

DD#2: Avery Anne

I decided that I loved the name Avery after hearing it on 30 Rock and I stuck with it.  MIL's name is LuAnne (she doesn't have a middle name) so we took the Anne and used that. 

I didn't have boy names for either of my girls.  We didn't start talking names until we knew what we were having.

• Laila Kathleen

we loved Laila and Kathleen is my sister's 1st name and she is my bff/mentor/support

if we would have had a boy:

Miles Lavelle

we both loved miles and Lavelle is DH's brother's middle name

• kspieskspies member

Beatrix June

Beatrix is both for Potter and the Bride of the Kill Bill movies. Very different ends of the geek/nerd spectrum.

June was my beloved grandmother's middle name, and is also our anniversary month.

Our boy name was Sawyer Tate

Sawyer, admittedly, for the hot piece of man meat on Lost, as well as Tom Sawyer

Tate was my great grandfather (short for Theodore) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Gracyn Olivia

Her name was originally going to be Sophia, but with it being so popular I changed my mind.  I chose it because I like that it is a little different for a girl.  Olivia was just a name I always loved.  I also wanted something a little more girly since she has a more "boy" sounding name. 

If she was a boy her name would have been Levi Scott (Levi because I love the name, and Scott after my FIL who died a few years ago)

Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers VOTE on my Name List
  • I like you lol.

I have an Alexander Thomas, and H's and my names start with A too.

My Lex was named Alexander after his daddy and grandpa.

If we have a girl she will be Allison something...We're keeping with the A theme.

• DS is Landon Michael. I came up with Landon because I was/am a huge soccer fan/player and Landon Donavon is a player for the US team. Michael is DF's father's first name. If DS was a girl he was going to be either be Piper Ann or Kennedy Ann, we were still arguing that one!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DS1: Donovan Cleo

We liked the name Donovan & Cleo was DH's grandfather's name

DS2: Lucas (Luke) Reagan

We liked the name Lucas & Reagan is my middle name & my mom's maiden name (she never changed her name)

If we had a girl she would be Olivia Jane - Olivia because I love it & Jane because it is my mom's name.

If we had another girl she would be Claire ______. Claire is my grandmother's name.

Lucas 11/10/2010 I Donovan 10/09/2007 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic ReaLIZAtions
  • Jumping over here a bit early!

Nathan Michael....the MN was easy (after DH)--in both DH's and my family, the firstborn son has the father's first name as a MN. Nathan was just a name that we both liked the sound of, liked the nickname for, and liked the meaning of ("gift from God"--even though we're not super-religious I love that it's such a sincere meaning). I liked Ethan and Aidan as well, but DH thought they were too trendy.

Girls' names were hard! We couldn't agree on anything and had finally decided on Grace as a first name, and MN was probably going to be Catherine or Allison. So we're holding on to that in case LO #2 is a girl.

He's growing up, but he'll always be my baby!

Nathan--11/4/10

...big brother to...???? Due March 2014!

• Helena Wednesday. I've known since I was a kid that this is what I would name my daughter. Helena from the movie Boxing Helena (terrible movie, beautiful name). And Wednesday from Wednesday Addams... not the day of the week. She was not born on a Wednesday.

For a boy, we never really decided. Our short list was Simon, Dorian or Oliver. Middle name would have been Trevor (DH's family name)

• imagetripleas:

I like you lol.

If we have a girl she will be Allison something...We're keeping with the A theme.

Maybe it's a neurotic thing, but then I kept thinking what if she asks us when she gets older why she doesn't have an A name.  Our pets even have A names (they were our babies before our babies).  Aleska is our Husky and Alix is our cat.  We had an Ali cat and a Haley but we had to surrender them after Addy arrived because the cat pooped all over her room and Haley acted like she wanted to eat her.   

• slaus2slaus2 member

Abigail Lynn - Abigail is just a name we liked, Lynn is my middle name

Christian James -- My husband is Christopher, we liked Christian better, James is both my maternal grandfathers name and his paternal grandfathers name.

We both liked Evelyn if we had another girl. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • DD is Gwendolyn Elizabeth..

Gwendolyn - because I am a teacher and I have NEVER had a Gwendolyn

Elizabeth - after my 92 year old grandmother 

Mmmm.... cake!Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thomas Curry. Both are family names from spouse's side, although my favorite teacher and my first editor were named Tom as well.

Girl name was Norah Jane. More family names. 

• DD's name is Alexandra Mae.  Mae was my grandma's middle name and I knew I wanted to name a girl with something to honor her.  I really liked the first name Lillian (Lilly), but Lilly Mae just didn't seem to work!  Alexandra was just a name we liked and could have lots of nicknames to use.  If we had a boy we would have gone with Logan John (John is both of our fathers' name).  Logan was a compromise- I loved Christian and DH didn't like it at all!!

• G's name is Gabriel Jacob. Gabriel after the Christmas Angel and Jacob after DH.

Would it have been a girl, we were going back and for between Grace and Faith for the first name. We like the meanings and, quite honestly, we want Biblical names for all of our chilren. Middle name would have been Rosalene.

Rosemary + Darlene = Rosalene (Sort of). They are my grandmothers' names.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker BFP 04/15/2011; M/C 04/21/2011 Sleep with Jesus sweet baby.
  • Alexandria Celeste. It just felt "right"

• Josephine was H's maternal grandmother (also called Josie) and Hope was my maternal grandmother's MN (I was also named after her). I am really happy we were able to fully name her after two wonderful women that were so close to us while they were alive.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • We found DS's first name in a baby-names book. We wanted something that wasn't too common yet not too far "out there." DS's middle name is a family name on my father's side.

If we'd had a girl, we had some names picked out, but not as a first name/middle name set, just random names we liked. We liked Lola (DH's deceased mother's name), Liana, Giada or Jade, and Alessandra. 

"To me, you are perfect."

• dupe

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker BFP 04/15/2011; M/C 04/21/2011 Sleep with Jesus sweet baby.
  • imagetripleas:

I like you lol.

DH and I both have J names. DH wanted Josiah at first, but I told him no J names or they all have to be J names and I just couldn't do that.

• Lucy Caroline- named for Lucy Stone and Caroline is my grandmother and my middle name.

If Lucy had been a boy she would have been Max or Leo Henry

Jack Henry- Jack has a ton of reason's one of them is embarrassing and may or may not have to do with my love of the show Lost.  Henry is my dad's middle name and my great grandfather's name.

If Jack had been a girl he would Have either been Delilah or Penelope. 

FotoFlexer_Photo-1 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Rashaad Antoine

I love Arabic names and Rashaad is the only one that we could agree one

Antoine is his father's middle name. I don't like it too much but since I got the first I let him choose the middle. 

If we had a girl her name would have probably been Jayla Antoinette...

imageimage

• Evan Arthur.  Evan is the only name we really agreed on and Arthur is my Great Grandpa's name.

We could not agree on a girl name.  I liked Alaina and he liked Natalie.  If our next baby is a girl her middle name will be Loretta (my Great Grandma's name and my middle name).

• imageangelame1979:
    imagetripleas:

I like you lol.

Maybe it's a neurotic thing, but then I kept thinking what if she asks us when she gets older why she doesn't have an A name.  Our pets even have A names (they were our babies before our babies).  Aleska is our Husky and Alix is our cat.  We had an Ali cat and a Haley but we had to surrender them after Addy arrived because the cat pooped all over her room and Haley acted like she wanted to eat her.   

That's really funny about the pets' names too!

My brother has 5 kids.  (No judgement.  He can afford them, and they wanted a big family, and are fantastic parents)  All of the names of the children start with C.  However, neither my bro nor his wife's names start with C or even the same letter for this matter.  I kinda copied them, but we joke around and say I did it "better".

Call me OCD, but I like having all our names "match".  Glad that someone on here understands me.

• DD's name is Kennedy Allyne. I have always loved the name Kennedy and Allyne came from my great aunt and it's also my middle name.

If she would have been a boy I liked Alex Micheal. Micheal is DH's middle name.

• Zoe Eliana

Zoe means life in greek
    we picked Zoe because she was not supposed to live past 27 weeks gestation, let along past birth. (i was actually encouraged to 'terminate' at 22weeks.)

Eliana because it literally translated as "My God has answered me."

mom to baby Zoe, DX Osteogenesis Imperfecta type 3, over 50 fractures since birth, 4 surgeries, uses a wheelchair, severe sleep apnea, mild hydrocephalus, beautiful blue eyes.
  • imagechelsealush:

Zoe Eliana

Zoe means life in greek
    we picked Zoe because she was not supposed to live past 27 weeks gestation, let along past birth. (i was actually encouraged to 'terminate' at 22weeks.)

What wonderful meaning!

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • imageZoeyMarie:
    imagetripleas:

I like you lol.

DH and I both have J names. DH wanted Josiah at first, but I told him no J names or they all have to be J names and I just couldn't do that.

Ya, it is a problem.  We knew that our first born son would deffinately be Alexander III, no matter what.  However, I am having a really hard time coming up with other "A" names that I love for DS's future siblings.  I have baby fever BAD and am hoping to have another LO as soon as possible, so I'm not just obsessing over names for nothing!

There ARE other names that I love, they just don't start with the letter A.  So it's a matter of deciding on what's more important.

• Remington Alexander. I don't remember where I heard Remington that I really started liking it. (Yes, I know it's a gun, razor, and line of hairstyling tools. And it wasn't because of Remington Steele either.) But there was somewhere. After a long drawn out battle with my husband, we decided on Oliver James. But somehow it just didn't seem to fit for our baby. So my husband agreed on Remington under the condition his middle name start with an A. See, my intials are SAW, my husband's JAW, and now, my son is RAW. I gave into this demand and he choose Alexander (his favourite Final Fantasy character, geek!).

So became Remington Alexander. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage
  • imagechelsealush:

Zoe Eliana

Zoe means life in greek

This just gave me chills.

• imageSarahWaggy:

Remington Alexander. I don't remember where I heard Remington that I really started liking it. (Yes, I know it's a gun, razor, and line of hairstyling tools. And it wasn't because of Remington Steele either.) But there was somewhere. After a long drawn out battle with my husband, we decided on Oliver James. But somehow it just didn't seem to fit for our baby. So my husband agreed on Remington under the condition his middle name start with an A. See, my intials are SAW, my husband's JAW, and now, my son is RAW. I gave into this demand and he choose Alexander (his favourite Final Fantasy character, geek!).

I've told you lots of times that I love your son's name, and I just thought I'd say it again Big Smile

• imageSarahWaggy:

Remington Alexander. I don't remember where I heard Remington that I really started liking it. (Yes, I know it's a gun, razor, and line of hairstyling tools. And it wasn't because of Remington Steele either.) But there was somewhere. After a long drawn out battle with my husband, we decided on Oliver James. But somehow it just didn't seem to fit for our baby. So my husband agreed on Remington under the condition his middle name start with an A. See, my intials are SAW, my husband's JAW, and now, my son is RAW. I gave into this demand and he choose Alexander (his favourite Final Fantasy character, geek!).

I LOVE Remy's name Big Smile

• imagechelsealush:

Zoe Eliana

Zoe means life in greek

Beautiful <3

• When we found out we were having a boy, we had to find the perfect name.? We searched and searched for the perfect name for our son.? I liked Xander, he liked Victor.? We couldn't agree on anything.? We both were being pretty stubborn.? One morning he woke up and said..."Darren, what do you think?"? My immdiate reaction was NO! But then he told me the meaning behind it.? D for Donald - His grandpa who died November 22, 2009 Combined with Aaron - His brother who died of a brain tumor when he was 16. I went back and forth between Daron and Daaron.? I was worried people wouldn't be able to figure out the double a.? So I went with Daron.? I love it!!!? And it fits him! If we had a girl her name would have been Eleanor Dawn, now that we named D after DH's grandpa I think if we had a girl I would stick with Eleanor (after the car in Gone in 60 Seconds), but change the middle name to Jean which is DH's mom and his sister's middle name, and it was my grandma's middle name as well.
    boots badgePhotobucket BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"