Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

How to keep a Paci in?

My little girl likes a paci at night (after eating) and it seems to help her drift off... problem is she can't seem to keep it in her mouth so I am constantly holding it in for her. She is 7 weeks. Any ideas when she'll have better luck?

We are using the Soothies/Gumdrops because they are 1 piece and I like how I can boil them to sanitize without getting water inside so I'd rather not switch brands.

Thanks!!

Re: How to keep a Paci in?

• Options
    jeffraejeffrae member
    I know you say you would rather not switch brands....but with DD1 - they only way it stayed put (gumdrops) was by sticking my finger in the middle and holding it there.  We finally tried other brands and the avent ones work GREAT for LO.  She was able to hold it it (I think it is due to it being more bulbous at the end).  you can steam them in those steam bags to avoid getting water in.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    nattnnattn member

You could get a wubbanub for her. I would probably try to get her to sleep without it. Our LO will fall asleep with the paci and I'll gently remove it after she's asleep. She stays asleep much better without it if I can get it away from her without waking her up.

We tried Avent and our LO hated them:( She loves Soothies. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imagejeffrae:
    I know you say you would rather not switch brands....but with DD1 - they only way it stayed put (gumdrops) was by sticking my finger in the middle and holding it there.  We finally tried other brands and the avent ones work GREAT for LO.  She was able to hold it it (I think it is due to it being more bulbous at the end).  you can steam them in those steam bags to avoid getting water in.

I'm lurking.  This exactly.  The Soothies would pop out of DS's mouth like crazy.  It was rediculous.  He couldn't even keep them in for more than 60 seconds or so when he was awake, less when he was asleep.  The Avent ones worked perfectly for him and we tossed the Soothies.  This also to the sanitizing bags.  The water getting inside hasn't been an issue.  I haven't had trouble with water droplets staying inside.  It's so hot, the water evaporates very quickly.

• Options
    mmarsacmmarsac member
    Mine likes the Avent ones too.  The Soothies get caught on her sleeve and she knocks them out of her mouth.  She can keep the Avent ones in much longer.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

www.beeni.net

PS- I think this thing looks like a medieval torture device and any parent would be fvcking insane to use it. 

• Options

My DS only takes soothies so I bought a wubbanub and it works great (soothie pacifier attached to a cute stuffed animal) https://www.wubbanub.com/

If you use another brand they make paciplushies   

• Options
    imageetude de la vie:

My DS only takes soothies so I bought a wubbanub and it works great (soothie pacifier attached to a cute stuffed animal) https://www.wubbanub.com/

If you use another brand they make paciplushies   

This

DD never took a soothie, only Nuk so we have a PaciPlushies and I LOVE it.

• Options
    AmyMcD1AmyMcD1 member
    We used Soothies and same here, didn't work so well. Avent 0-3 months work great for DS right now.
  • Options
    imageRubineLime:

www.beeni.net

PS- I think this thing looks like a medieval torture device and any parent would be fvcking insane to use it. 

This looks horrible!!!  What happens if baby spits up or something?  I could never use something like this!  Sad

• Options
    Pull gently on the paci several times without pulling it out of baby's mouth.  It strengthens their muscles and they suck harder.  See Happiest Baby on the Block.
  • Options

I agree with the recommendation to try a Wubbanub. These also use the Soothies, which you already know you like.

I tried several brands before this one, and a girlfriend sent one as a gift saying her daughter loved hers. We now have a little duck and a monkey (I was advised against getting the caterpillar because it rolls off their chest - the arms and legs on the other animals help stabilize them). My daughter is 8 weeks old, and she's been using hers for 3 weeks now. The weight of the little plush animal part helps keep them in place.

I'm not big on using a paci in general, but if this helps comfort my little one, I'm sold. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"