Babies: 0 - 3 Months

3 weeks alert time

how long is your LO alert after eating? I feel like we go from eating, alert to really tired and crying. Want to be able to calm before LO is overstimulated.

Re: 3 weeks alert time

• 1ht -

See siggy for awake time guidelines based on age. Keep in mind, the times include eating, diapering, and falling back asleep (all things while 'awake').

At 3 weeks, your LO will likely just eat and be back sleep within 40 minutes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • It changes throughout the day. Sometimes he'll go a couple hours and other times it will be like 20 minutes. Usually when he starts to look away or do a little grunt is my signal that he's starting to have enough. He recently started doing this squeak call thing when he's had enough. It's so cute! Just watch your little one and you will learn their cues that will tell you they've had enough and are getting ready to sleep or change of view.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My DS (3 weeks today) is generally awake for 40 to 90 minutes, with the exception of the evening when we've been getting a 3-hour awake period.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageaugust06mom:
    My DS (3 weeks today) is generally awake for 40 to 90 minutes, with the exception of the evening when we've been getting a 3-hour awake period.

Are you offering him an opportunity to nap? 3 hours for a 3 week old is MUCH too long.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • imagejuliane2004:

imageaugust06mom:
    My DS (3 weeks today) is generally awake for 40 to 90 minutes, with the exception of the evening when we've been getting a 3-hour awake period.

Are you offering him an opportunity to nap? 3 hours for a 3 week old is MUCH too long.

I don't think she was asking for your sleep expertise.

• imageSunnyGal331:
    imagejuliane2004:

imageaugust06mom:

I think I love you SUNNY!

• imageSunnyGal331:
    imagejuliane2004:

imageaugust06mom:

But everyone is asking for it, they just don't know it. Don't you dare let your LO sleep in any other way than what the Sleep Fairy deems to be acceptable! DON'T DO IT!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"