2nd Trimester

Has anyone had low blood pressure?

I was at the grocery store yesterday and did one of those digital blood pressure machines, just out of curiosity.  My blood pressure was 94/64.  Not sure what the "norm" is really, but usually when I get it taken at the OB its right around 116/72.  Also I don't know how accurate those digital walmart ones are.  Anyone know what the "norm" is for blood pressure while pregnant?  I have an appointment on Wednesday and wasn't too concerned because its only a couple days away and I don't really feel any other weird symptoms.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Has anyone had low blood pressure?

• This time so far and throughout my last pregnancy my blood pressure has always been on the lower end of normal.  I'm always around 100/55 or 105/60 ish.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yup!  Right here.  This morning my BP was 108/45...  It ranges between 90-120 systolic and 50-80 diastolic (i think that's right).  At the OBs office it is always between 115-125 and I get the white coats!

He told me not to worry tha it was because of the relaxin hormone, your blood vessels open up or something like that. 

• Loading the player...
  • Mine always ran low, it was 98/60 at my last appt. 

Spontaneous pregnancy #1
    DD1 July 31, 2011

Trying for #2 since Oct 11
    732973 Clomid Cycles
    2 IUIs 
    3 Fresh IVFs= 1 Ectopic treated with MTX
    Spontaneous pregnancy #2= Ectopic #2= lost left tube
    Spontaneous pregnancy #3= DD2 January 29, 2016
    Spontaneous pregnancy #4= Ectopic #3
    Spontaneous pregnancy #5= Baby #3 is a BOY!!! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine is always low too.  I think at last OB appoinment it was 90 something over 65.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine was around that at my last appt.  It is not too low to be of concern.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I always run low, similar to what you got the other day.  My MW says it's great...she's happy to see it on the lower side.
  • I'm typically around 110/80 but yesterday at my appointment I was 90/60. The nurse was a little worried but said that they'll check it again in three weeks and if it's still low I may have to adjust some things. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine is running about 80-90 over 50-60. Low, but they don't seem concerned. I try to snack more to keep up my energy, but in the afternoon I start dozing off. 
    photo
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine is always low and the only time it is an issue is if I let the shower water be too hot so way it creates steam. The steam and my low BP makes me incredibly dizzy....I end up having to finish my shower sitting down
  • Mine is always very low, 90/60 and it is like that throughout pregnancy as well. I have never had an issue with it and the drs tend to like low blood pressure much more than high.
  • Mine has been low this whole pregnancy. I read up about it and it says staying hydrated can help as it may be a sign of dehydration but reading further ahead, I've read that around 18wks is when you can see it lower and its common in pregnant women.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • Tara415Tara415 member
    The BP machines at stores are not very accurate... not calibrated very often and rarely fit everyone correctly. made for the masses.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker The Coastal Living Mom Blog: http://thecoastallivingmom.wordpress.com/
  • kg_08kg_08 member
    I had low blood pressure through my entire pregnancy. Really no biggie for me.
  • Mine is usually around 95/55.  Really you should only be worried if your baseline diastolic (the number on top) blood pressure rises or falls by more than 15.  For example, if its usually 110/75 and then it was 125/85 that would be something to see a doctor about.
  • Last time mine was checked it was 120/62. The diastolic (lower number) as pretty low for me... I was concerned, but my OB said that during the 2nd trimester BP drops lower than usual. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"