Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Routine??

Ok so here's the deal: I want to get Seth on a daytime routine. A real one. He has one for the most part but it's pretty loose. He sleeps for a 5 and then 3 hr stretch at night and usually goes down around 9:30pm. So he's up between 6 and 7am to eat. Then he's up for a half hr to an hr and sleeps for anywhere from a 30 min to and hr and a half. Then he's up and his naps are all over the place. Lots of 30 min or hour long naps. He eats about every 2 hrs but that's getting a little inconsistent since he's going through a growth spurt (last night he slept 6 straight hrs and freaked out when I tried to burp him cause he was so hungry!) and now he's eating closer to every hr and a half to every hr (if he doesnt eat a lot). It's really hard to time things or plan things because I have no idea where he is going to be with his naps/eating. I'm pretty sure he's too little to put on the 2-nap-a-day routine since he sleeps so much still. So should I try a 3-nap-a-day routine (or 4?) or is he still too young to be on a scheduled nap routine? (He's 2 months old.) Help!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Routine??

• ds is two months old and just when i think we have a routine it changes. i think at this age they pretty much say when they are tired and hungry and we need to follow along. IMO the only way to have a set routine is to put baby down when they arent actually sleepy. i dont know about your lo but ds would not stand for being put in his crib for a nap if he wasn't tired enough for it. not without letting him CIO which i am not willing to do. ds sleeps at night (he gets up to eat only and goes right back to sleep) so that is  what is important to me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It's prob a little young for a daytime routine still.  There are peeps on the 3-6 board without a daytime nap routine.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"