3rd Trimester

POLL: Where will baby be sleeping at first??

For DS we stayed downstairs in the living room--be on the recliner, he in the pack n play bassinett for the first couple of nights since we hadn't anticipated a c/s.  But we finally went upstairs to our bedrooms and he went right to his crib.  It was hard, but mama got through it LOL (DH insisted)

Well, this time around my parents offered to buy us a bassinett so he/she could stay in our room at first.  I'm not sure we need  it or not.  I mean, I pretty much was the only one who got up with baby for the first year b/c I breastfed and DH worked a ton (and claimed not to hear the baby--yeah, right).  I'm torn.  I know newborns twitch a lot and make lots of noise--and I'm afraid we might not get sleep--however, it would be convenient I suppose to just BF in my own bed.  LOL

So curious what you guys are doing..... 

Re: POLL: Where will baby be sleeping at first??

• Our baby girl will be in her crib from day one. 
    image image

• She'll be in the PNP bassinet for a few weeks (6 max) then in her crib in her room
  • Loading the player...
  • DS went right into his crib, I had it in our room because I BFed too and it was easier than having to stumble down the hallway. Plus I read that if the infant is in the room with you there is less of a chance of SIDS. Idk if that is true or not, but it worked out great for me and I plan on doing the same thing with this baby.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In his crib in the nursery across the hall. Our master bedroom is not huge and we don't even have space for a dresser, let alone a bassinet/pack and play. Also, I don't see the need for DH to be woken up from the baby when not needed (I get a year of mat leave and he's not taking any).
  • we're co-sleepers here, and we never had spare room, so my first 3 kids slept in their cribs in my room...

dd went into her own room the youngest, at 6mos old. she didn't disturb our sleep as much as we disturbed hers apparently... so she got moved...

this baby will be in our room initially since she'll have to share a room with dd1. i don't want her disturbing dd1. so i have a mini pnp for our room until it's time to move into her room with her sister... we'll let her determine when that time is i guess...

eta: it has always been easier for me to have lo's in my room because of my cs's also

• The baby will go straight to his crib - but I've got a single bed in his room and will likely join him in there. No point in both DH and I being tired.
  • We have a PNP with the bassinet feature and we're thinking about having it in our room at first while the baby wakes every few hours to feed. Our room is a bit of a walk from the baby's room, so it might be easier to just have her sleep in the same room at first. I guess we'll just play this by ear and see what works once she's here.
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • RNP or next to me on a mattress on the floor of her room.  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers, Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • His crib
  • LO has a nursery for a reason, lol!  Not going through all the trouble to get it ready for her to never use it.  So, day one she is sleeping in her room.
  • He'll be in his own room - next to ours - in a moses basket at first and then once our daughter's bedroom furniture will get her cot/junior bed to sleep in. 

I am more likely to keep him awake by fretting so need to keep my distance. ;o) 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • PNP...our room until maybe 2-3 mo

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Photobucket
  • We may have him in our room for a little while, but a month at the most. We moved our daughter at about 3 weeks and she slept so much better without us there snoring and making noise.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • His swing (FP Papasan). DS#1 wouldn't sleep flat & slept in his carseat the first few nights home. Eventually, I bought a positioner for his crib at 3 weeks old. I was always uncomfortable using the positioner, though, so when DD came around, she napped so well in her swing, that for her first 2 months (until she looked ready to move around), that's where she slept (with me on the couch nearby). She would only wake up 1X per night like that. I'm cutting out the trial and error this time and going straight to the swing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • She will sleep in her bassinet in our room for at least 4 weeks... after that, we'll see.
    Photobucket Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • He will be sleeping in the crib right from the start. His room is right across the hall from our room.
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was on the fence about putting DS in his crib from the beginning, or keeping him in his PNP in our room for the first few weeks.  Then my MIL bought us a bassinet and a rocker (which will fit nicely in our room, not so much in the nursery), so now he will stay with us for a bit.  Once we have breastfeeding established, he will be going to his crib.  Luckily DH could sleep through anything so I am not concerned that he will be woken up too frequently.
  • LO will sleep in her own crib from day one.  It worked well for DD, so I think that's what we will do with this one.
  • In our bed with us.
    sam & arlo 

• In the bassinet next to our bed.  DD slept in the bassinet next to our bed for the first 6-8 wks.  It made frequent bfing easier in the beginning and I think some babies don't like being in such as large space (crib) in the beginning. 
  • We have a pack n play with the newborn napper and a bassinet in our bedroom right next to the bed. Since I'm bf'ing I thought it would be a lot easier to have her right there. 
    IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

• imageCarrieB.:
    We have a pack n play with the newborn napper and a bassinet in our bedroom right next to the bed. Since I'm bf'ing I thought it would be a lot easier to have her right there. 

Exactly this for me too. However, depending on how quickly we get adjusted to things, she will be moving to her crib soon thereafter.

• At night pnp with bassinet right next to thed bed since I will be healing from c/s and nursing for 4 to 6 weeks. But naps will be in the crib in the nursery.
  • bassinet at night, swing during the day/pnp during the day and mah boob. I will introduce the crib soon after.
  • Crib in our room, but we only have a one bedroom right now so there's not much of a choice. 
  • imagecas889:
    Our baby girl will be in her crib from day one. 

This...but our LO is a boy lol

• In their crib and I will be in my bed regardless of a vbac or repeat c-section ...whichever happens. 
  • In a cradle for first two months; Then move to a PNP;

Then his crib at around 4-6 months.

• She will sleep in her bassinet in our room at first and eventually move to the crib in her nursery.
  • The plan is:  PNP in our room for a month or two.

• We bought an Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper which attaches to the side of the bed. We plan to keep baby in there for a few months and then transition to him to his crib. Right now DS#1 has the crib converted to a Toddler bed. So we need to go buy a Toddler bed and put the crib back together eventually.
  • Probably like DS this baby will start in the bassinett for the first 4-6 weeks or so then try to transition to the crib. It was just easier to have him right next to the bed for me to immediately comfort or nurse (especially b/s he was an every 2 hr feeder) instead of having to get up and go into his room. Somtimes he just needed a little belly rub or pacifier back in and I barely needed to wake up, just reached over.

That said, if this baby is super noisy or doesnt need much during the night, I would not be against moving him to his crib sooner.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In the crib --in the baby's room
  • In the bassinet of a PnP in our bedroom.  We're moving in July, and won't be setting up her crib until then.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • imageARC 07:
    We bought an Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper which attaches to the side of the bed. We plan to keep baby in there for a few months and then transition to him to his crib.

This is what we're doing as well. I want her right next to me, to make breastfeeding at night easier, and also cosleeping is recommended to reduce the risk for SIDS.

Cloth-diapering, co-sleeping, breast-feeding, C-section Mama Photobucket
  • We are moving to a new house 2 weeks after the baby is born.  So for those 2 weeks s/he will be in my room in a moses basket.  When we move baby will go in the crib in the nursery.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • we have a bassinet and once he doesn't fit in that anymore he will be in the crib. naps will take place in the crib from day one however.
  •  Baby will be in a PNP in our room until he/she can sleep through the night, then it will probably be in it's own room after that.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • PnP next to our bed.
  • Our plan is for her to be in her PNP in our room at least for a little while. We don't have a specific time frame yet, though. Although we are not against her being in her crib, it was just a thought that it could be easier at first for BF if she's in our room.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"