Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Close babies...anyone else?

Me and DH are talking about trying for LO #2 towards the end of the year. Maybe around November when DS is about 9 months. I really want my first two babies to be really close and then maybe wait two years and see if we want another. Am I absolutely nuts to already be thinking about getting pregnant again? DH asked me, as we were leaving the hospital, if I wanted any more babies. I told him that I would probably be pregnant within the next year. lol I had a super easy delivery. I went into labor at 7am and had DS before noon. When I went in for my 6 week appointment, my doctor said that getting pregnant again wouldn't be a problem, and she would see me at my next first prenatal appointment. Is anyone else planning on having their babies really close?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Close babies...anyone else?

• You're a brave woman!! :) I have a lot of respect for moms that can handle multiple little ones! We are planning on waiting until DD is around two years old (when I deliver) so *maybe* we *might* not have two in diapers - if potty training goes well that is! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageimage
  • We are planning to wait about a year but we are hoping it happens right away. I ended up with a emergency c/s after being in active labor for several hours. OB recommended waiting at least a year before TTC.

We'll decide on #3 after we've had #2 and seeing how much sanity is still left.

• Loading the player...
  • My kids are 27 months, 20 months and 15 months apart so if you're nuts so am I.  ;)  Honestly, I love having my kids close together.  It can be hard sometimes, but I wouldn't trade if for anything.
    DD1 - 12.25.05
    (m/c 1.17.07, m/c 5.15.07)
    DS - 03.15.08
    DD2 - 12.03.09
    DD3 - 3.28.11
  • We started trying for #2 when #1 was about 5-6 months. It happened the first cycle. BFP when DD#1 was 7 months old.

It is hard to be pregnant with a toddler. I will say that. It has only been a month with both of them but I've had help. So far so good. We're already talking about #3...I'm not getting any younger. ;-) So far I think that it is easier with #2, like the crying hurts me a little less, and the other things don't make me as crazy as they did with DD#1 because it's like I don't have time to worry like I did with DD#1 so much.

the 2 under 2 board is a great help though. GL to you! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • As you can see by my siggy, my kids are very close and I LOVE it Big Smile

They play together so well and are best friends. I can't wait until Quinn is big enough to join in on the fun!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • my daughter was 9 months when I got unexpectantly pregnant.  It is very exhausting to say the least.  It can be a lot of fun too.  I had two csections and I am healing very well.  I will tell you that it is hard work the first few months..not going to sugar coat it.  There is no sleeping when the baby sleeps because you have a toddler to take care of...not to mention if you get morning sickness you still have to function because you have toddler.  It works out but sleep deprivation is definitely worse if you have 2 under 2.  You also never know what kind of personality LO #2 will have.  Mine had major gas and colic issues which made things a little more difficult.

I wouldnt change anything for the world.  My girls are the best thing that ever happened to me.  I am very happy they will always have each other and be close in age.  Kind of can't wait till DD2 is sleeping 12 hour nights like her sister though!

DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • We started trying for #2 when DS was 10mos old and were pg again before his 1st birthday.  We love having our kids close in age and so far, DS is loving his role as Big Brother.  You're not crazy!  (Or if you are, you're taking me down with ya!)
    DS - June 2009
    DD - February 2011
  • I don't think you are crazy at all.  People do it all the time!  Plus, mine are 2.5 yrs apart and it has not been 'easy', so I really have no good things to tell you about waiting longer :)  I would definitely consider getting pregnant sooner w. #3.
  • I would love to have another LO after about a year or so, but I had an emergency c/s with this baby so I think we are going to wait for about 3 years before trying again to give my body plunty of time to heal before having another LO. But I think if I would of had a vaginal delievery then yes I would be planning on another LO.
  • I just had our second baby and they are 18 months apart and Im staying home right now because we are actually in the process of building a daycare, but all I can say is WOW! Its hard! A lot harder than I would ever have thought it would of been. GL though if you think you can handle it. I think it would make a worlds of a difference if you are a working mom compared to a stay at home mom! :)
  • my sons will be 20 months apart, I ended up getting pg right before his first birthday.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are waiting till next summer or so to try for number 4.  I love having my boys close (27 months apart so not as close as some).  They are best friends and love playing togeather.  I want to give DD that same bond with a sibling, however, I want to build up my leave and seniority in my position first, since I just started my job in July of last year.
  • Are you nuts? Probably Smile but then I am too.  Because of c-sec I can't try until we hit the year mark but if that weren't the case I'd probably try for "Irish twins" which is REALLY crazy but I had a super easy pregnancy and recovery.  Plus I loved being pregnant and I love being a mom so yep, I was ready to do it all over again as soon as he was born.
  • I had to wait until my husband was ready for another baby( make it seem like his idea thing). But I know lots of people who have had their kids close together. Infact my younger sister and I are only 14 months apart.  I don't see anything wrong with it. I actually wanted to have my kids closer together, but my husband wasn't up for that.
  • I am waiting 2-3 years this time, because I currently have 2u2.  They are 18 mo apart, which is what you are considering.  It is nice, but a definite challenge.  To be honest, if I had my choice knowing what I know now, I would have waited until DD was older before having my second.

1st pregnancy: m/c began 1/12/09 d&c 1/13/09 8wks. Baby stopped growing at about 6wks.

Delaney: Born 10/15/09

Gavin: Born 4/8/11

Baby #3: due July 10, 2014

• That's what we did.  I got pregnant when DS was 10 months.  I'm definitely glad we're doing it this way.  You know... get the baby/toddler stage over with relatively quickly and then take a little break.  That way, they each have a playmate and if we want to be done for good, we can be.  No pressure.  I'm excited about them being so close in age so that they can be involved in the same play activities because they will pretty much be at the same level. 

I'm not going to lie and say it's easy.  It's definitely not easy right NOW... but it will get easier as the years go by (or so I've heard).  It's a madhouse around here right now.  But at least the ratio is even so we can each take one kid. Smile

ETA: I should probably add that DS still goes to daycare so I'm only at home with DD during the day.  I couldn't imagine staying home with both kids all day.  Then I might be thinking I was crazy for wanting 2U2. Stick out tongue

My best friend, my husband, my everything
    Matthew Kevin
    7/31/83-7/20/11 image
    Met 1/8/00
    Engaged 4/21/06
    Married 9/29/07
    Two beautiful legacies: Noah Matthew (2 yrs) and Chloe Marcella (8 mos)
    Day Three
  • there are pros and cons to having close in age. DS was a surprise but it has been a huge blessing to have them close in age. 

Pros: 

When I was pg DD was still on 2 naps a day. This was great because I could get a nap in and do housework during the other nap. Especially during 1st trimester. 

She wasn't running like she is now. She was still crawling and not getting into everything (like now) so it was nice. I laid on the floor with her a lot playing and I could rest. 

You are already in diaper-baby mode so it was an easy transition back to the newborn phase. Everything is very fresh in my memory.

This age gap (16 months) my toddler has no idea about jealousy. As far as she knows her brother has always been here. When we came back from the hospital she gave him a hug and has never had a problem with me holding him or nursing him.  

Cons:

Going out is a HUGE challenge. DD  doesn't take directions or follow me. Going to the supermarket takes some strategy of parking close to a shopping cart and wearing the newborn. 

Both kids don't really wait for another. Worlds often start to collide and everyone is crying.

The house is always mess and I can never leave or trust my toddler around the newborn (not even turn my back to grab something behind me). She is impulsive, which is typical for her age. 

Bath time has to be done separately for the same reason. DD will try to poke at her brother, climb ontop of him,  throw a toy at him... who knows.... Also I can't take my eyes off of her to dress DS after the bath. 

Overall I love having the spacing so close. I actually think we will have the 3rd when DS is about 16-18 months old. Even though I was freaking out for 9 months, It really was a blessing in disguise for us 

• imageetude de la vie:

there are pros and cons to having close in age. DS was a surprise but it has been a huge blessing to have them close in age. 

Pros: 

When I was pg DD was still on 2 naps a day. This was great because I could get a nap in and do housework during the other nap. Especially during 1st trimester. 

She wasn't running like she is now. She was still crawling and not getting into everything (like now) so it was nice. I laid on the floor with her a lot playing and I could rest. 

You are already in diaper-baby mode so it was an easy transition back to the newborn phase. Everything is very fresh in my memory.

This age gap (16 months) my toddler has no idea about jealousy. As far as she knows her brother has always been here. When we came back from the hospital she gave him a hug and has never had a problem with me holding him or nursing him.  

Cons:

Going out is a HUGE challenge. DD  doesn't take directions or follow me. Going to the supermarket takes some strategy of parking close to a shopping cart and wearing the newborn. 

Both kids don't really wait for another. Worlds often start to collide and everyone is crying.

The house is always mess and I can never leave or trust my toddler around the newborn (not even turn my back to grab something behind me). She is impulsive, which is typical for her age. 

Bath time has to be done separately for the same reason. DD will try to poke at her brother, climb ontop of him,  throw a toy at him... who knows.... Also I can't take my eyes off of her to dress DS after the bath. 

Overall I love having the spacing so close. I actually think we will have the 3rd when DS is about 16-18 months old. Even though I was freaking out for 9 months, It really was a blessing in disguise for us 

AGREEEEEEDD. The amount of toys already chucked at my newborns head while she's in the swing is crazy. Even barricading her with a gate does nothing becuase she will throw things in to "share". SIGH. It will be great when they can play together. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    September 2015 Siggy Challenge - Happy Dance
  • 1 and 2 are 17 months apart.  I'm not going to lie, it was hard when 2 was a baby.  But now it is wonderful that they are so close.  They think they are twins.

2 and 3 are 2 years apart and I like that age spread.  I don't think I would ever want them closer than this again.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"