July 2011 Moms

Need white maternity dress?

My really good friend's baby shower is in a few weeks and the invitation said:

"Kindly keep attire and gift wrapping in shades of white"

I definitely do not own a white maternity dress and haven't seen many options around, any ideas?

BabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Best Wishes to my labor buddy FunNSunAZ!

"Well I've waited so long, so long, so long For someone like you And as this morning breaks through the window pane It reveals the truth Baby, you're my sunshine, first light Find your way to places that only know lies Failed tries and bruised skies With hardly time to hold on or be strong, now I'm strong 'Cos like the dawn you push it all away I tell ya, you're my sunshine
Everybody needs a little sunshine"
Steve Azar "Sunshine"

Re: Need white maternity dress?

• I remember seeing a cute white dress in Old Navy a couple weeks ago. It wasn't maternity, but you could buy a size up and be fine.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Wow, that's extreme (and tacky IMHO)...

This one might be a little fancy, but it's pretty.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekgunz11:

Wow, that's extreme (and tacky IMHO)...

Agreed.  That's a lot to ask of someone who is already attending a party in which the main purpose is giving gifts. 

Do you have any idea what the purpose is? 

DD Born July 2011
    TTC#2 for 4 years: multiple rounds of IVF, M/Cs, lots of tears.  Cautiously optimistic about #2 EDD 12/29/18
  • I know Old Navy has an option if you are ok with spaghetti straps, and ordering online.  Also, if you don't already know order a size down (I usually wear medium but always order small in ON clothes).
  • I can't help you with a white maternity dress, but I'd look for an empire-waist non-maternity dress in a size up, too.

I find it very odd to request guests to wear a certain color to a baby shower (or anywhere for that matter). 

J+C est. 6.22.08
    Adele Lorraine b. 7.13.11

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagekgunz11:

Very cute!

BabyFruit TickerImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

"Well I've waited so long, so long, so long For someone like you And as this morning breaks through the window pane It reveals the truth Baby, you're my sunshine, first light Find your way to places that only know lies Failed tries and bruised skies With hardly time to hold on or be strong, now I'm strong 'Cos like the dawn you push it all away I tell ya, you're my sunshine
    Steve Azar "Sunshine"
  • imageHelloAnnie!:
    imagekgunz11:

Agreed.  That's a lot to ask of someone who is already attending a party in which the main purpose is giving gifts. 

No idea what the purpose is, my best guess is for pictures?

Steve Azar "Sunshine"
  • That's an obnoxious request.

This skirt is at Motherhood, you could pair it with a white tank or tshirt. 

imageimageimage
  • That would make me want to wear red.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMFAinNYC:
    That would make me want to wear red.

LOL. I'd wear black.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I wouldn't do it.  If I wasn't pregnant and could wear the dress again, MAYBE I'd consider it.  But, I don't like to wear white in general and there is no way I'd spend it on a dress that I'd only wear once. 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• imageprincesspeach26:
    imageHelloAnnie!:
    imagekgunz11:

No idea what the purpose is, my best guess is for pictures?

Do report back to us!

DD Born July 2011
    TTC#2 for 4 years: multiple rounds of IVF, M/Cs, lots of tears.  Cautiously optimistic about #2 EDD 12/29/18
  • imageFive_letter:

That's an obnoxious request.

This skirt is at Motherhood, you could pair it with a white tank or tshirt. 

I love this!

Steve Azar "Sunshine"
  • I got a cute maternity skirt from old navy that is white!
    sig-1
  • imagekatie4253:
    I wouldn't do it.  If I wasn't pregnant and could wear the dress again, MAYBE I'd consider it.  But, I don't like to wear white in general and there is no way I'd spend it on a dress that I'd only wear once. 

That was my knee jerk, but I think I would be pretty uncomfortable being the only one not dressed in white, and it's a very good friend so I can't skip all together.

Steve Azar "Sunshine"
  • I'd wear a white shirt and light pants like khakis or something. I don't wear dresses to showers typically though, just dress nicely in pants. Edited my random iPhone burp.

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• imagembritto4:
    I'd wear a white shirt and light pants like khakis or something. I don't wear dresses to showers typically though, just dress nicely in pants. Edited my random iPhone burp.

I was just thinking that, I wonder if gray is a shade of white?!?

I have a cute gray skirt I could wear with a white tank.

Steve Azar "Sunshine"
  • imageflowers2424:

imageMFAinNYC:

LOL. I'd wear black.

I have an idea.  I'd buy something white and then tie-dye it!  :D 

• Since you don't want to stand out and you have to go, I'd do the light khaki pants and a white tank/tee.  I also think a light gray skirt would be okay with a white top. 
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• What is going on with telling people to wear specific colors? We have had two invites to weddings with specific instructions on what colors to wear and now it has moved to showers.  I would grab a white sheet and make a toga.
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • imageprincesspeach26:

imagembritto4:
    I'd wear a white shirt and light pants like khakis or something. I don't wear dresses to showers typically though, just dress nicely in pants. Edited my random iPhone burp.

I'd think that's fine. I'd not go bananas buying a new outfit unless you need a new one for your own shower anyways. Not many people under the age of 60 (that I'm friends with anyways) even own white pants. Just asking to sit in or brush against something.

DD1, Kathleen 9/15/2007

imageimage

• imageMFAinNYC:
    imageflowers2424:

imageMFAinNYC:

LOL. I'd wear black.

I have an idea.  I'd buy something white and then tie-dye it!  :D 

That is a great idea! The pictures would be priceless.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageprincesspeach26:

imagembritto4:

If you don't opt for the toga option posted above. I would go ahead with this. It's close enough.

imageimageimage
  • I hope its AFTER memorial day
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"