2nd Trimester

Gender Ultrasound = bad day

So, this past monday (the 25th) I had my gender ultrasound, only to find out my baby's breach. What a total let down.

But I've decided to name the baby Riley regardless.

On top of that! I found out on Easter sunday that Riley's dad is appearantly engaged. Not to me!

Anyone else find out disturbing news or not know what they're having?

Re: Gender Ultrasound = bad day

• My baby is breach too, but I don't think its anything to worry about.  A lot of babies are breach right now.  No one seemed too concerned about it.  They didn't even tell me, I just asked where she was positioned, cause I couldn't really tell from the ultrasound and the ultrasound tech told me she was sitting, kind of like breach.

Sorry about the dad.

• Your baby really wont flip for a while. Im 29 weeks tomorrow. She JUST flipped a couple weeks ago. No worries. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My son was able to turn the week before I had him.  Try not to worry about that.
  • If you just had the anatomy scan you are bout 20 weeks....you baby could do somersaults for at least 10 more weeks.....
  • Try not to worry about the baby being breech.  My DD was breech at 38 weeks and would not turn on her own so I had her turned (its call a version) and she turned and I had her two weeks later vaginally. 

Sorry about the dad.   

• It means absolutely nothing if the baby is breach right now.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Brayden (5 1/2) born 12.28.06
    Hailey (4 1/2) born 2.25.08
    Taylor (8 Months) born 12.26.11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • You have twenty weeks to go, hun! That's plenty of time for your LO to get in the right position. Some flip in the last few weeks, even... some in the last few seconds! Breech at 20 weeks means nothing. They shouldn't have said anything because of how much room he/she has! Chances are, he'll be head-down tomorrow and then breech on Saturday and then side-ways on Sunday. Don't let this get you down - that's silly.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • I ultrasound myself at work frequently, and one day, she is upside down, and the next day, she is "breech." I am 17 weeks. At this early stage, there is still plenty of room for the baby to move around, so the position doesn't matter at all! Don't worry!
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Mine is also breach and we have plenty of time for them to turn
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel my baby kicking my alllll over the place so i'm pretty sure he's doing flips in there. It sucks you didn't get to find out the gender though...maybe you could save up and go to an elective place if you really want to know. I think I would!

Sorry about the dad. Does his new fiancee know that he impregnated another women 20 weeks ago? 

• Babies can flip up until the last day when you go into labor. No need to worry just yet! Hope that baby flips!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagezhirsch:

I feel my baby kicking my alllll over the place so i'm pretty sure he's doing flips in there. It sucks you didn't get to find out the gender though...maybe you could save up and go to an elective place if you really want to know. I think I would!

Sorry about the dad. Does his new fiancee know that he impregnated another women 20 weeks ago? 

This!  And I second everyone in not worrying about baby's position right now.  My baby was breech and they specifically told me it means nothing and I'm 24wks.  My 20wk ultrasound, baby didn't show the goods.  But I'm high-risk and have ultrasounds all the time so we found out this week that it's a girl.  My doc told me (forgetting she was talking to me for a sec) that she'd try and sneak the ultrasound doppler in the room to peak in upcoming appts.  So..maybe ask your doc.  She/he might feel sympathy and hook you up!  :-)

• Are you for real?  Babies lay in all sorts of positions until the very last part of pregnancy (my DS turned head down at 36 weeks).  At my anatomy US a couple weeks ago my little guy was laying sideways.  If you are serious I'm sorry about your situation with your baby's father.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • imageAyeWynn:

So, this past monday (the 25th) I had my gender ultrasound, only to find out my baby's breach. What a total let down.

I just had my gender scan and she is breach so the tech used the dildo cam and we got to see between her legs.  Maybe suggest that next time if your baby is still breach?

• Don't even worry about it...My doctor said my little one will be flipping a few more times between now and then.  Not something that would ruin my day.
  • sorry about the u/s and the POS... hang in there sister
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I'm so sorry you couldn't find out the gender!  I've already told my little one that if (s)he doesn't get in position for the nice tech, we're going to have a chat later.  Good luck on finding out later down the road! 

As for the guy...loser.  (Him, obviously.)  Had one of those in my life with my son...thankfully, I'm now married to a truly wonderful man who loves him as his own.  :) 

• I think she was upset about the baby's position because it didn't allow them to determine sex.  Considering she states that she is naming the baby Riley REGARDLESS make me think it will be named Riley regardless of the sex.  

Sorry to hear about the dad.  That sounds like a tough situation! 

• I think everyone covered the breech part.You asked if there were other stories that were relevant. My SO of 4 years and I found out that we were pregnant in January. He begs me to get an abortion and I impolitely refuse. End of February I find out that he has a weeks old baby at home... With his wife... ??? ... ??? ... NOW he keeps telling me that he wants to make a family with me... He made a huge mistake with her... But he can't leave her now because at his age marriage is all about a business transaction. He doesn't want to lose everything that he has ever worked for in a divorce of a marriage that has not lasted now more than 2 years! Wow!!! Really!?!? But he wants to be with me... But he can't leave her... But he wants to be with me... But... I wonder if he knows polygamy is illegal in all 50 states... Hmmm!
  • a loser is a loser is a loser.  make sure you get your child support from him.
    photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Breached at this point isn't a big deal. My son was breached the entire time, right up to the appointment 3 days before I had him. When I went in, he had switched sometime in those 3 days. It isn't a big deal till you are in labor.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Your baby has plenty of time to flip. I think as long as they are head down around 34 weeks you are in good shape. Howver, my little sister was breach until 39 weeks and then she flipped, so don't be worried about that at all.

Sorry about the dad!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry about the father, make sure you get him for child support.  

I love the name Riley. I was considering it to, but I have a cousin with that name.  

Crayola, Crayola Rocks!
    White Knot White Knot White Knot White Knot White Knot
    White Knot Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Did not know anything until a month or so after we found out I was pregnant. He and I have already had the support discussion and I have alreadybaccompanied him to the birth certificate office to sign acknowledgment of paternity paperwork... So my legal ducks are slowly aligning...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"