Babies on the Brain

I am probably going to get flamed for this one.

DH is set on buying me my own iPad for my graduation/mothers day gift. I keep saying no.  I would much rather have a massage gc and money to buy work clothes.  I am a more practical person. 

Re: I am probably going to get flamed for this one.

• I don't think you should be flamed for this. However, I think after a few days with the iPad, you'll wonder what you ever did without it.
    JHL 12/5/09 - 12/9/09
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I can't flame that. DH has an ipad and yeah, it's nice. But it's no replacement for a good laptop.
    2 girls and a dog
  • Loading the player...
  • imagegreenclown:
    I don't think you should be flamed for this. However, I think after a few days with the iPad, you'll wonder what you ever did without it.

He has one.  I use his often, but he takes it to work.  He thinks I need one for when he isn't around.  

• That's totally legit - I don't want an Ipad either, but it seems like everybody else I know is dying for one and looks at me like I'm nuts because I don't.  I hope that whatever you get makes you happy though!
  • imageheather_09_15_07:
    I can't flame that. DH has an ipad and yeah, it's nice. But it's no replacement for a good laptop.

Exactly.  

• imagegreenclown:
    I don't think you should be flamed for this. However, I think after a few days with the iPad, you'll wonder what you ever did without it.

This. Although a massage would be nice too, ipad will last more than an hour.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageheather_09_15_07:
    I can't flame that. DH has an ipad and yeah, it's nice. But it's no replacement for a good laptop.

Same here. DH even tells people the same thing. His is for work, but he says if they didn't buy him one he wouldn't buy it otherwise.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think it is your day and you can want whatever you want.
  • imageWannalitter:
    I think it is your day and you can want whatever you want.

It really isn't about it being my day, as much as I am choosing a gift.  

• No flames here. I would rather take the massage gc and go shopping for clothes over the ipad as well
    "Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
    Goodbye little angel(7/22/2011)....see you in heaven
    Goodbye my second angel (9/18/2011)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagegreenclown:

This is why I won't touch one.  I want to remain ignorant. 

• I'm jealous. I would love one! But my practical side cannot justify it!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • ::gasp:: how ungrateful! nah...I am practical too and would want the same thing.
    MY FOUR ANGELS... M/C 12/26/02 AT 4 WEEKS M/C 12/31/07 AT 12 WEEKS, D & C M/C 12/5/08 AT 9 WEEKS, D & C ***BFP ON 3/26/09*** MARY REYNA BORN AND PASSED AWAY JULY 31ST, 2009 AT 23 WEEKS. GOODBYE SWEET BABY...I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER. ***AFTER 17 WEEKS ON BEDREST*** Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I like the iPad, but I'd rather have a gc too
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • I would take a good hour long massage over an ipad any day!!
    Meeting her hero...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagemrsmacias2008:
    ::gasp:: how ungrateful! nah...I am practical too and would want the same thing.

Me too

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"