Trying to Get Pregnant

**Unpopular Opinions Thursday!**

What is something that most people would disagree with you about? This can be Bump/TTC-related or not. Let's hear your unpopular opinions, ladies!

Mine: I've said it before and I'll say it again... I despise cilantro.

Little Squish #1, 3.25.12

Little Squish #2 Due 10.9.15
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: **Unpopular Opinions Thursday!**

• imagewilburbud:
    Im going to go all serious on you here- I think if you are acceping medicare/food stamps that sort  of thing, you should be required to take random drug tests. and you cant drive a freaking mercedes benz.

Yes

Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • imagewilburbud:
    Im going to go all serious on you here- I think if you are acceping medicare/food stamps that sort  of thing, you should be required to take random drug tests. and you cant drive a freaking mercedes benz.

I agree!!! That is a really good one.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Loading the player...
  • imagemegemoney:

imagewilburbud:

Yes

double YesYes

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm going to have my a$$ handed to me on this one but whatevs.

I don't like Harry Potter. Lamesauce.

BRING IT BISHES!

photo dune-1-1.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagewilburbud:
    I agree! It also bothers me when people have more children, even though they cant afford it, just to stay on government assitance. I've had people tell me they decided to have another one so their benefits wouldnt run out.
  • My opinion is in regards to health care bills. I feel this way only because a co-worker at mine doesn't pay them. Our health care is so messed up and the prices are so jacked because people like my co-worker who can afford to pay healthcare bills refuse to pay and never will. She isn't going to pay any of her bills from when she had her son last summer or the bills from the year before. Yet I have bills out the wazoo for all the testing and meds since TTC and have already maxed out my max deductible. I jsut think If I should have to cut back to be able to pay off all my med bills so should others. Then maybe our health care wouldn't be so expensive.

Sorry..editing. I just wanted to add to this. My brother has Crohns disease and I know everyone has different severities of it but last year he was in the hospital for 20 days and you can imagine the bills that came with that. Not only did he has hospital bills but he had lost his job in January when his bosses company went other and because of his illness he was so sick last year he was unable to get a job and hold it from reoccurring trips back to the hospital. Even he paid his bills this past year even in his situation where he was struggling.

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• imageberbur:
    imagemegemoney:

imagewilburbud:

Yes

double YesYes

Uh, double up, uh uh

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Oh boy. I'm really going to hear it for this one....

Giving birth is neither an "illness" nor a medical emergency. It does not, as a matter of routine, belong automatically in a hospital.  While I would NEVER deny anyone's right to choose labor and delivery in that setting, I do take issue with how our culture treats it as a medical emergency. 

I am neither crazy, stupid or reckless for intending to choose a home birth. I won't criticize your choices for the most personal and intimate moment of your life - I would ask the same respect for the choice that I am making.  

Soon to be Big Sister Eowyn - DOB February 2012
     BabyFruit Ticker

My family is a Foreign Service family. Families like mine are posted in every corner of the globe. We live our lives away from family, friends and the conviences and comforts of home. We often live and work in dangerous places among those that misunderstand our intentions and purposes. Sometimes members of our ranks sacrifice our lives to further diplomacy.  Please remember that we serve too. And I'm always open to questions.

• You have to have a license to do so many things in the world like fishing, hunting, driving a car, etc. You should need to get a license to be a parent.. As an educator there are so many irresponsible parents out there and some who don't know how to parent...if you had to take a class, at least it might help..

Now I know this one is controversial, but it is my opinion.  

• imageKathy4678:

I'm going to have my a$$ handed to me on this one but whatevs.

BRING IT BISHES!

As long as you have actually read at least one of the books you can have whatever opinion you want.   We don't all like the same things-  that is what makes life interesting.....

Soon to be Big Sister Eowyn - DOB February 2012
     BabyFruit Ticker

My family is a Foreign Service family. Families like mine are posted in every corner of the globe. We live our lives away from family, friends and the conviences and comforts of home. We often live and work in dangerous places among those that misunderstand our intentions and purposes. Sometimes members of our ranks sacrifice our lives to further diplomacy.  Please remember that we serve too. And I'm always open to questions.

• imageKathy4678:

BRING IT BISHES!

WHAT??  Kidding...... Yes Me either. 

Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
  • I think you should only be able to file for bankruptcy once in your lifetime, and that counts spouses. People like my ILs annoy me - this is their 3rd filing. They're keeping their house, their cars, and their motorcycle. They haven't changed their spending habits at all and will probably be counting the says until they can file again and re-wipe the slate clean. I think people should have to take some sort of responsible financial course and be monitored.

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
  • imageKathy4678:

BRING IT BISHES!

*unfriends kathy*

TTC since 2010

lots of IUIs and 1 IVF all BFNs

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

• imageKathy4678:

BRING IT BISHES!

I used to be a fan and lost interest. I couldn't get into The Order of the Phoenix, the book nor the movie. I fell asleep 2 minutes in. This is the only series ever that I couldn't finish and have no regrets, have lost no sleep that I have no clue who Voldemort really is, nor to do I care what happens! lol

My Little
  • bluboblubo member
    imagenoryang:

Oh boy. I'm really going to hear it for this one....

Giving birth is neither an "illness" nor a medical emergency. It does not, as a matter of routine, belong automatically in a hospital.  While I would NEVER deny anyone's right to choose labor and delivery in that setting, I do take issue with how our culture treats it as a medical emergency. 

I am neither crazy, stupid or reckless for intending to choose a home birth. I won't criticize your choices for the most personal and intimate moment of your life - I would ask the same respect for the choice that I am making.  

I'll stand behind you with this one Noryang! Yes  I would LOVE to do a homebirth, but due to a medical condition,I cannot :( 

• imageBubble106:

You have to have a license to do so many things in the world like fishing, hunting, driving a car, etc. You should need to get a license to be a parent.. As an educator there are so many irresponsible parents out there and some who don't know how to parent...if you had to take a class, at least it might help..

Now I know this one is controversial, but it is my opinion.  

I wrote a paper on this in college.  It is certainly an interesting concept, but implementing it, practically, woudl be extremely difficult.  As a strict constitutionalist, it also offends some of my "freedom" sensibilities. 

I agree, however, that some parents just shouldn't be parents.  Take my sister in law's sister who just had her 3rd, but constantly borrows money from everyone in the family because she can't afford to put a roof over their head.  Yeah, she tried for the 3rd, it wasn't just an "accident."  Didn't she think two was hard enough?  Now we'll be buying her diapers and wipes and paying taaxes for her public assistance.  However, her baby girl is A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E! 

• imagewilburbud:

I couldn't agree more!!!

• imagebtaylor19:
    imageKathy4678:

BRING IT BISHES!

*unfriends kathy*

Nooooooooooooooooooo! Crying I like it, I like it!

photo dune-1-1.jpg
  • imageKathy4678:

BRING IT BISHES!

Me either!! Hate!

• imagewilburbud:

OMG Yes please!!!! And if you are on food stamps, I do not feel you should be going to the liquor sore and buying all sorts of different alcohol to throw a big party or for yourself...save that money for food!!!

Photobucket BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • imagenoryang:

Oh boy. I'm really going to hear it for this one....

YesYes 

We live 50 minutes from the neared hospital with L&D or we'd be doing a midwife-attended homebirth -- a homebirth is my first choice.  Hubby is too nervous about being so far away though.  So we'll be going to the independent birth center which is run by midwives and only 2 minutes from the hospital.

my currently-reading shelf:
    Jennifer's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Andplusalso.....

Lamesauce all over your baby that wears earrings.

photo dune-1-1.jpg
  • I am so, so, so, SO over all things ROYAL WEDDING.  I think that it's their day and it's special, and I have no problem with Kate and William, but I have about had it with the media cramming it down our throats.

I will NOT be waking up at the ass crack of dawn to watch, and the only thing I give a hoot about is seeing a picture of Kate's dress.  And probably attempting to make a chocolate biscuit cake at some point. 

Married 11/24/2007
    TTC since 11/2010
    Diagnosed with MFI and advanced maternal aging
    IVF with ICSI transferred 2 embies 3/3/2012
    BFP 3/10/2012
    EDD 11/22/2012
    IT'S TWINS!!!

My Blog:
    Blog

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageKathy4678:

Andplusalso.....

/signed

Jennifer's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • This may be wildly unpopular here, but I think that if you are TTC and cannot handle being around babies IRL, seeing the word baby, or hearing about pregnancy announcements because all of those things give you anxiety/jealousy/rages/breakdowns, you need to see a counselor. This journey is stressful for most, and understandably so. It should not, however, make you start crying every time you see a commercial for Pampers. If it is, you could be battling depression and need to seek professional help. 
  • imageKathy4678:

BRING IT BISHES!

Me too!!!!!! 

Photobucket BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • imageKathy4678:

Andplusalso.....

Agreed

<3 Tons of love and hugs to Ricola & Baby Alex <3 <br> MySweetBaboo, IRL friend, always rooting for Baboo #2, love ya girl!<3 <br> 7.7.11 BFP | 3.19.12 EDD | 3.14.12 Baby Girl's BDay
    | Purse Blog |
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagebrookelynpaisley:
    imageberbur:
    imagemegemoney:

imagewilburbud:

Yes

double YesYes

Uh, double up, uh uh

I agree! Yes

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion or just a vent, but I can't stand it when my friends gain 5 lbs and then ask me if it could be their thyroid. I think some people WANT to have a thyroid disorder because then it explains their weight gain. It really rubs me the wrong way. It is NOT something you want to have, trust me. Getting your butt to the gym is actually way easier than having to take medicine/get routine blood tests for the rest of your life.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Schools need to be teaching FULL on sex ed! No more of this absitence only crap. Let's get real, kids have sex, they need to know everything about it! Those who think sex ed promotes having sex need to get their heads out of their arses. Seriously.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicTTC #1 since April '11.- BFP 7/3/11! - EDD 3/13/12 - Dean born 3/15/12! - Lovely Labor Buddies with PsychGirl33!! <3 </br> Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageMJH184:
    This may be wildly unpopular here, but I think that if you are TTC and cannot handle being around babies IRL, seeing the word baby, or hearing about pregnancy announcements because all of those things give you anxiety/jealousy/rages/breakdowns, you need to see a counselor. This journey is stressful for most, and understandably so. It should not, however, make you start crying every time you see a commercial for Pampers. If it is, you could be battling depression and need to seek professional help. 
    Oh, ok cycle 2. Talk to me in a year. Kthankxbai.
  • imageJSRICH:
    imageMJH184:
    This may be wildly unpopular here, but I think that if you are TTC and cannot handle being around babies IRL, seeing the word baby, or hearing about pregnancy announcements because all of those things give you anxiety/jealousy/rages/breakdowns, you need to see a counselor. This journey is stressful for most, and understandably so. It should not, however, make you start crying every time you see a commercial for Pampers. If it is, you could be battling depression and need to seek professional help. 

I won't talk to you in a year, I'll see a counselor. 

• imageJSRICH:
    imageMJH184:

Word.

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
  • imageJSRICH:
    imageMJH184:

This. 

• I think cigarettes should be illegal.

Yes, I judge you for smoking. I sit upon my throne of judgment and I look down on you as you pollute the air that I breathe.

"Oh but I'm addicted waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh..." Well, who shoved the first cigarette into your mouth to begin with? 

I say make them illegal since it isn't feasible to send anyone who smokes to their own separate island of smokey doom.

bfp 1 - m/c 1.31.11 @ 10 weeks

bfp 2 - baby born via c-section on 5.4.12 @ 37 weeks

bfp 3 - blighted ovum/d&c on 4.13.13 @ 8 weeks

bfp 4 - 3rd IUI, very late BFN with super low P, c/p

bfp 5 - natural bfp while on lupron, baby born via RCS on 4.27.15 @ 39 weeks

bfp 6 - surprise! baby born via RCS on 11.13.16 @ 38 weeks

• imageMJH184:

imageJSRICH:
    imageMJH184:

Maybe you should see one now for your inconsideration for others.
  • imagemelissa721:

I think cigarettes should be illegal.

Yes, I judge you for smoking. I sit upon my throne of judgment and I look down on you as you pollute the air that I breathe.

"Oh but I'm addicted waaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh..." Well, who shoved the first cigarette into your mouth to begin with? 

I say make them illegal since it isn't feasible to send anyone who smokes to their own separate island of smokey doom.

Yes  I LOVE that you said this.  Thank you.

The Table Has Shoes (and Other Ambiguities)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Me = lean PCOS;DH = poor morphology (3%)
    3 IUI/TI cycles = BFN
    IVF #1 with ICSI: antagonist protocol = BFFN
    IVF #2 with ICSI : Lupron downregulation = BFFN...FML
    IVF #3 with ICSI and AH (Antagonist) = IT'S A BOY!!!!

dumbledore

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagehuskymomma94:
    I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion or just a vent, but I can't stand it when my friends gain 5 lbs and then ask me if it could be their thyroid. I think some people WANT to have a thyroid disorder because then it explains their weight gain. It really rubs me the wrong way. It is NOT something you want to have, trust me. Getting your butt to the gym is actually way easier than having to take medicine/get routine blood tests for the rest of your life.

Word. Synthroid is not a weight loss drug!!

photo dune-1-1.jpg
  • imageMJH184:

imageJSRICH:
    imageMJH184:

Because counselors automatically fix all problems for everyone and it's so easy to find a good counselor let alone one who meshes well with you, amiright?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"